Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: JRP3 and dhrivnak
You do realize that there isn't a single company with 30,000 employees on the planet that isn't wasting tons of money, right? No company is perfect. None.
Of course, and I expect Tesla to have a higher percentage of waste at this point in time, but it does seem to be a bit of a cluster f, or it was, hopefully less so now. Between the two articles I just have this image of punctured battery packs, flamethrower paint bots, and car bodies dropping from the skies :eek: :D

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Of course, and I expect Tesla to have a higher percentage of waste at this point in time, but it does seem to be a bit of a cluster f, or it was, hopefully less so now. Between the two articles I just have this image of punctured battery packs, flamethrower paint bots, and car bodies dropping from the skies :eek: :D

Well sure that is in your mind, it's what the articles describe. However, the articles are detailing what happened previously, I saw nothing called out as recent.
The BI article even stated
The documents were dated in the first quarter.

Have they had issues: yes
Have they said they had issues: yes
Are they improving: yes

Stay calm and buy the dip (not an advice)

I should have tried to go to the investors meeting today, there is a Semi and a Roadster there

Dennis Pascual on Twitter

De9D5IcU8AAtz8i.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know what these PX14A6G filings are about: SEC Filings | Tesla, Inc.

They've all been posted by this group called "Change to Win Investment Group", and they've all highlighted negative articles about Tesla and/or Elon Musk?

Edit: They appear to be a setup to something negative that would ultimately prove to be a waste of time for everyone else?

Reactions: neroden
I don't understand all the noise about removing Elon as Chairman. So if some one with 12 shares of TSLA, suggests to remove the Chairman, it will create this kind of noise? and people have to vote for it? Do we have to do this every year if he requests again? This is a weird world.

Elon + major shareholders + determined retail holders have more than 90% of the shares. This whole show to remove Elon as Chairman is a joke. Media really don't understand it? Or they just want to confuse general public?

Whatever the board/Elon recommend, will be passed with high vote counts. Same results for changing the directors. Just my guess.

Reactions: Lhan
You do realize that there isn't a single company with 30,000 employees on the planet that isn't wasting tons of money, right? No company is perfect. None.
Wow, they really had to stretch to dramatize the horror. Waste equal to 103.4 cars this year at the gigafactory. It’s a shame they had to start the gigafactory production for model 3 and model 3 at the same time. For model y, they will have mature production processes for 2170 batteries and won’t be inventing both production processes at the same time.
The quotes also refer to ongoing problems, but problems are primarily q1. The parts tracking issue seems like something that can be managed at the pack level, and seems very conjectural.

Anyhow, the constant oversight of the nattering nabobs of negativism will continue until it doesn’t. I hope that’s after tonight, but more likely after q3 profits or q4 profits, or never. But the herd will be thinned by good production news.

Reactions: Crowded Mind
Anyone know what these PX14A6G filings are about: SEC Filings | Tesla, Inc.

They've all been posted by this group called "Change to Win Investment Group", and they've all highlighted negative articles about Tesla and/or Elon Musk?

Edit: They appear to be a setup to something negative that would ultimately prove to be a waste of time for everyone else?

I have the same question. Did Tesla send them to show CTW is bad or did CTW send them to show Tesla/Elon is bad? Regardless, I thought that name is funny - "Change to Win", so if the union can't defeat a company, they will try to "Change" the board "to Win".

I don't understand all the noise about removing Elon as Chairman. So if some one with 12 shares of TSLA, suggests to remove the Chairman, it will create this kind of noise? and people have to vote for it? Do we have to do this every year if he requests again? This is a weird world.

Elon + major shareholders + determined retail holders have more than 90% of the shares. This whole show to remove Elon as Chairman is a joke. Media really don't understand it? Or they just want to confuse general public?

Whatever the board/Elon recommend, will be passed with high vote counts. Same results for changing the directors. Just my guess.

I’m confident you are correct on all counts but one. Media does understand it... just more mud to play their game with.

fwiw, I think there’s a better than usual chance this will be a content rich and enjoyable meeting. Hasn’t always been in the past, but it’s quite clear how little confidence Elon has in the media now. Communicating directly to shareholders and the public has new importance in that context. I suspect Twitter questions were chosen at least in part for Elon to be able to hit some key points he wants out there.

We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.