Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovis Captain - Delivery text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting no text, we had a long chat with them. Seems they’ve been honest and said that they don’t know where the car is. They’ve got in contact with Tesla in the US and are hoping that they may be able to locate it. But they said it is slim that it’s on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN. They have given us a delivery date of the 15th April, and they seem to be confident of that. Not sure how this is possible @Mr Miserable, if the last boat is now in until June? They said re-allocating wasn’t possible unless we gave up the VIN and the car allocated, possibly pushing our wait back further. I’ll keep an eye on inventory and see what comes up, but it’s slim!

My original text message came on Friday 6th March with a delivery date on 26th March.
It also immediately showed up on my Tesla account.
I did not get the Reg No. in the phone text but I phoned up Tesla on Monday 9th March and got
my Reg.No. and confirmation of what ship my car was on.
However I missed a call from Tesla on my mobile today but received an E-Mail at 1725hrs today informing me of my same delivery date but the E-Mail included my Reg.No which turns out to be the Reg number I already had so no worries there.
I still do not have my final invoice yet though.
Incidentally I feel honoured that Tesla actually phoned me that is certainly a first for me and I had
to miss it. Oh well all is well that ends well I hope.

Incidentally I feel honoured that Tesla actually phoned me that is certainly a first for me

Well done! Back in the heady days of June collections for M3 I had 3 calls from 3 different people all asking me if I was coming to pick the car up at the appointed time. Presumably they have figured out that that wasn't actually necessary ...

I have had a text but no invoice. Pick up a week on Saturday. Bit odd?

They seem to be more organised now, but final invoice 48 hours before collection is not unheard of. In such instances they have taken proof that the money has left your account as sufficient to just give you the keys