Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Volume in AH is too low to have any meaning anyway. The whole silver thing seems to be bad no matter how I think about it because it certainly didn't originate from the redditors.

If it's just to distract from GME, then isn't it manipulation to save their skins? And if not then was it purely just a pump and dump collaborated on by many news sources which seems just as bad.

Did ANYONE buy Silver at all?

Crazy how he media is all over it but I'm trying to find one person that did. No issues but just curious if I am
1.) Wearing a tinfoil hat
2.) This is an actual conspiracy against GME.
I did before I went to bed last night. As soon as I woke up, got to my senses and sold off. Shouldn't have had that last glass of wine.

Better to be lucky than good as they say. Caught a buck and change.

Crazy how he media is all over it but I'm trying to find one person that did. No issues but just curious if I am

Well, SOMEONE bought it if silver dealers can't get their hands on it. Gotta remember that the media, in the guise of trying to stop the GME mania "to help the little guy" effectively created a silver mania by reporting that WSB was buying silver as the next thing. Meanwhile WSB was doing no such thing. Funny, eh?

Edit: or as I would like to put it: Don't trust the media. Media is.

Uh, no. FTD reports from Dec 2020 show about 6 MILLION undelivered shares, back when the SP was about avg of just $17 bux (now it >350, or 20x higher!)

This massive amount of FTD's wouldn't happen if these extra short sale trades when through the Clearing Houses normally. This is NAKED SHORTING. That's why the shares couldn't be located, thus generating the FTD report.

Here's the FTD data from Dec:
Thanks. I had stipulated that naked shorting is problem. Did you think I was arguing otherwise?

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Thanks. I had stipulated that naked shorting is problem. Did you think I was arguing otherwise?
Thank-you. Indeed, it seems I've also overstated the FTD amount. As amended by @winfield100 the FTD report likely is that cumulative amount of FTDs open on the date reported, rather than an additional amount.

Therefore, the FTDs outstanding on Jan 15 was about 600K in total, an order of magnitude less than first thought for Dec 15, but still an unusually large amount.

Further, given that the SP was just ~$17 on Jan 15 and subsequently ran up to over $400 by Jan 29, it will be most instructive to read the next FTD batch report (which unfortunately won't be available for about 2 more weeks).

By the, I expect the contest over $GME will have been resolved, all without one side of the issue having any knowledge of the current short sold shares they face. This information asymmetry needs to be addressed by Congress to level the playing field for all investors.

Cheers!

Are simple retail investors, such as the typical robinhood crowd able to trade in AH ?
I was under the impression that AH trading requires some special privilege / status, that would explain why hedge funds / big shorts find it easier to push the SP down afterhours.

Are simple retail investors, such as the typical robinhood crowd able to trade in AH ?
I was under the impression that AH trading requires some special privilege / status, that would explain why hedge funds / big shorts find it easier to push the SP down afterhours.

Robinhood allows you to trade 30 minutes of premarket and 2 hours after market closes (9am - 6pm) if you pay for their Gold service, which is $5/mo.

Fidelity well let you trade 2.5 hours of premarket and 4 hours of after hours (7am - 8pm) with no additional charge, but you have to enroll in it (easy).

Robinhood allows you to trade 30 minutes of premarket and 2 hours after market closes (9am - 6pm) if you pay for their Gold service, which is $5/mo.

Fidelity well let you trade 2.5 hours of premarket and 4 hours of after hours (7am - 8pm) with no additional charge, but you have to enroll in it (easy).

I can trade 8:00 - 9:15 PM, 16:15 - 18:30 AH, seems to be totally broker dependent

I sold my AMC calls and then shares yesterday, decided I didn't need the distraction - a few $100 profits

• Informative
Reactions: SunCatcher
Wall Street 'predators' make allies of political foes - AFP
"NEW YORK: Recent stock market mayhem has done what appeals to rise above self-interest could not -- gotten US politicians of all stripes to agree.

While the broad partisan landscape remains combatively polarised, elected officials from the conservative right to the progressive left are standing up against what they condemn as market manipulation by Wall Street.

Their first targets were hedge funds that bet shares would tank for companies in seemingly precarious financial positions such as GameStop, AMC movie theaters and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

The common tactic is known as "short-selling," and involves investors selling borrowed shares with the expectation of buying them back cheaper in the not-too-distant future, pocketing the difference.

But an army of amateur investors, using the "WallStreetBets" forum on online platform Reddit as a rallying point, sabotaged short-sellers last week with a massive campaign to buy shares, pushing prices up.

Amateur investors outmaneuvering wealthy hedge funds has fascinated the financial press and disrupted the stock market.
[...]"

Wall Street 'predators' make allies of political foes

Depending on where the SP is at market open tomorrow, I might buy £50k GME. If I do, the plan is to let it run up 100% or so, then sell 2/3rds.

If that does happen, (instead of me losing 80%!) I'll let the remaining 1/3rd run indefinately and see how it turns out.

I'll let you all know tomorrow if I do it and we can follow along for the luls. ;)

Just in the interests of disclosure, I bottled it and didn't but any GME yesterday. I've decided I'm Just a scaredy cat TSLA hodler and will just watch from the sidelines.

Good luck to all GME buyers\holders :)

Some interesting reading about silver. Would be interested in your thoughts. Seems like if enough invest in physical silver, (actual metal coins, bars etc or PSLV which is backed by physical silver for example as opposed to SLV) there is simply not enough to go around. I watched a couple of videos from silver mining companies and experts - some linked below -, and they agree that there is not enough physical silver if ppl want it; that bringing new production on line takes multiple years; if squeezed would be big enough to make GME squeeze look tiny by comparison. The question is if people will flood to physical silver or not, seems the reddit crowd have cooled down.

Anyway here are some links from silverseek.com.

No Good Reason to Be Short
#SilverSqueeze Underway
a #SilverSqueeze Manifesto

Thi guy Arcadia economics has every silver expert on his YouTube channel:

really interesting video:

Most recent upload:

Feedback would be great.

EDIT: interesting data point, just checked the Royal Mint website, mostly out of stock currently on silver. Couple of days ago, no problem. As much as you want, coins, bars etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Some interesting reading about silver. Would be interested in your thoughts. Seems like if enough invest in physical silver, (actual metal coins, bars etc or PSLV which is backed by physical silver for example as opposed to SLV) there is simply not enough to go around. I watched a couple of videos from silver mining companies and experts - some linked below -, and they agree that there is not enough physical silver if ppl want it; that bringing new production on line takes multiple years; if squeezed would be big enough to make GME squeeze look tiny by comparison. The question is if people will flood to physical silver or not, seems the reddit crowd have cooled down.

Anyway here are some links from silverseek.com.

No Good Reason to Be Short
#SilverSqueeze Underway
a #SilverSqueeze Manifesto

Thi guy Arcadia economics has every silver expert on his YouTube channel:

really interesting video:

Most recent upload:

Feedback would be great.

EDIT: interesting data point, just checked the Royal Mint website, mostly out of stock currently on silver. Couple of days ago, no problem. As much as you want, coins, bars etc.

When I went on WSB, the impression I got was no-one genuine was supporting silver, they all stated it was a hedge fund trap & some said that Citadel & other Hedge funds were long on silver & would benefit if silver went up & they had to sell to maintain/close their GME etc short positions, so for me, buying silver is part of the problem, not solution.

Plus at some point if hedge funds sell their silver anyone holding will lose out short term. Most silver is used industrially (I believe) & C19 / vaccines / new strains look like it will take longer to return to normal industrial uses

The entire mainstream media has been in the pockets of the hedge funds since the beginning of this, starting with good old CNBC. I've seen horrible op-ed's supporting the hedgies in everything from The New York Times and The Washington Post to tech-oriented websites like The Verge and Ars Technica. The power that these people have over our media is staggering in scope and it's being brought fully to bear on this. The propaganda machine rivals that of the Chinese Communist Party and that should frighten anyone who actually still thinks we have a free democracy in this country.
The only free democracy we have left are youtubers calling out MSM like Tom Nash is going every day. Must remember him Russia very much

Just in the interests of disclosure, I bottled it and didn't but any GME yesterday. I've decided I'm Just a scaredy cat TSLA hodler and will just watch from the sidelines.

Good luck to all GME buyers\holders :)

The game is stressful. I'm looking forward to being back in my comfortable 100% TSLA position, but will continue to hold GME until it resolves one way or the other.

The game is stressful. I'm looking forward to being back in my comfortable 100% TSLA position, but will continue to hold GME until it resolves one way or the other.

I'm also holding, even as it goes down in flames. For me this was about the cause, not making a smart investment. I have a feeling this story is not over yet though and more surprises are to come.