Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got V10!!! but no Theater Mode :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, but you will probably spend most of the time going to bathroom and getting food. I personally would rather spend that time to walk around instead of sitting in the car to watch netflix since I probably just drove for a couple hours.
When your power is out, no wifi, no netflix. you will probably end up watching it on your phone in your car anyway. haha.
I will give you watching it during bad air quality.
When my power is out my phone WiFi hotspot works just fine. As for the supercharging stop: order the food, use the bathroom, get the food, go back out to the car and eat and watch. Or leave out most of the food steps if it's the middle of the night. One viable scenario anyway. Not all that common, I think.

When my power is out my phone WiFi hotspot works just fine. As for the supercharging stop: order the food, use the bathroom, get the food, go back out to the car and eat and watch. Or leave out most of the food steps if it's the middle of the night. One viable scenario anyway. Not all that common, I think.
my phone company only gives me 10 gig hotspot a month i think, so i rather not use that. haha, no way i am letting my kids eat in the car. hell no!

641AD118-D3D8-4132-B7F0-FB8BE880FFA4.jpeg

Because you have MCU1. Tesla doesn't support MCU1 with the new features. No video, no new games.

That’s really crap. Two years ago when I bought my Tesla they sold me on all future upgrades are downloaded by WiFi into your car, it’s the greatest thing ever, as they are always coming out with new stuff!” I’m not looking for an upgrade so my car can go from 0 to 60 in 1.2 seconds, but you would think that they could get video on a display. And to the guy who said “you don’t get new features on a two year old iPhone, well buddy I paid $500 for my iPhone, I EXPECT THEM on my $100,000 Tesla.

That’s really crap. Two years ago when I bought my Tesla they sold me on all future upgrades are downloaded by WiFi into your car, it’s the greatest thing ever, as they are always coming out with new stuff!” I’m not looking for an upgrade so my car can go from 0 to 60 in 1.2 seconds, but you would think that they could get video on a display. And to the guy who said “you don’t get new features on a two year old iPhone, well buddy I paid $500 for my iPhone, I EXPECT THEM on my $100,000 Tesla.

Keep on expecting. Let us know how that works out.

I will pay for an upgrade MCU2 upgrade on our 2017 MS and MX. Its ridiculous to have to buy new cars to get those new features,

Why is it ridiculous? Every other car in the world requires you to buy the new model if you want upgrades. We have received plenty of new features for free after we bought them. The fact that the older models can’t support something’s because of hardware is easy to understand.

Reactions: Klau2
I’m late to the pity party (my 2015 MS just got the update tonight.

I agree and understand that there will be some updates that just don’t apply to me. However, there have been many messages from Tesla (in the app inbox, software notes, etc) discussing the new features. I spent 15 minutes looking for the theater app. A little bit of transparency would have been appreciated, where they tell us cars produced prior to xx date will not have yy features. I think it’s for marketing purposes, and Tesla just doesn’t want the world to know that these upgrades are not available to the first 130,000 or so people who bought their cars.

Also, I am no longer able to get to the whiteboard, which I used a TON. Does anyone know if this was quietly removed?

Yea we should be able to pay to upgrade something like the MCU.
The truth is, Tesla resources is running thin I think. China Gigafactory 3, Model Y next year, Pickup truck, Semi Truck, new roadster all coming out the next couple years, improving customer service quality, building more service center, building more supercharging station, upgrading current superchargers, and upgrade FSD cars to AP 3. I seriously doubt they will spend the resources to upgrade the MCU, that is probably one of the last thing on their mind.

Why is it ridiculous? Every other car in the world requires you to buy the new model if you want upgrades. We have received plenty of new features for free after we bought them. The fact that the older models can’t support something’s because of hardware is easy to understand.

What is ridiculous, is that a car delivered in 03/2018 and which worked fine, received a v9 update in 03/2019 which introduced frequent audio cracks/glitches in the music system, as well as font & map bugs, and made the browser useless, without the possibility do revert back to the previous firmware.

• Disagree
Reactions: Joelgjr
What is ridiculous, is that a car delivered in 03/2018 and which worked fine, received a v9 update in 03/2019 which introduced frequent audio cracks/glitches in the music system, as well as font & map bugs, and made the browser useless, without the possibility do revert back to the previous firmware.
As is tradition. Tesla has been making the media application worse in every update since the very beginning!

I would like to hear an honest explanation from Tesla about why older cars are not allowed to use video. Not that I’d ever use it much, but in my 2012 test drive model S YouTube mp4 videos worked just fine over WiFi back then. Using the web browser with Pandora audio and vevo music videos was a primary wow factor selling point for the not-a-salesman guys. Tesla released v4 “update” to delete the video and audio drivers from the web browser. SC’s mentioned some contract, Something about ATT’s terms of service, even WiFi video/audio wasn’t allowed in their billing with Jasper wireless SIM cards. I wonder if that subcontract excuse still exists for older cars?

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I would like to hear an honest explanation from Tesla about why older cars are not allowed to use video. Not that I’d ever use it much, but in my 2012 test drive model S YouTube mp4 videos worked just fine over WiFi back then. Using the web browser with Pandora audio and vevo music videos was a primary wow factor selling point for the not-a-salesman guys. Tesla released v4 “update” to delete the video and audio drivers from the web browser. SC’s mentioned some contract, Something about ATT’s terms of service, even WiFi video/audio wasn’t allowed in their billing with Jasper wireless SIM cards. I wonder if that subcontract excuse still exists for older cars?

Wow is this serious? The web browser used to work and play audio and video? Was is smooth?