Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy for Blackvue DR490-2CH/DR750S-2CH

Are you interested in participating in a group buy?

• Yes

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Yes (But at a lower price/different options)

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No (I already own a Dash Cam)

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ditto

Model S75D 2016 AP1
Oct 5, 2017
Quebec
I've contacted Blackboxmycar for a group buy deal for us TMC members and they've made an offer. If we purchase a minimum of 50 units, here are the prices we will pay:

DR490-2CH (16GB) $185 USD
DR490-2CH (64GB) $220 USD
DR490-2CH (128GB) $270 USD
DR750S-2CH (16GB) $310 USD
DR750S-2CH (64GB) $345 USD
DR750S-2CH (128GB) $405 USD
Optional Power Magic Pro $17 USD

Regular CA/USA Shipping $10 USD

These prices can be converted in CDN $ with no extra charge (you can pay directly in CDN $). If I see enough interest he will provide us with links to use and once the total number of purchases get up to 50 our shipments will be sent out.

I've contacted The Dashcam Store but haven't gotten an answer from them. I've sent up a followup email so if ever they have a better offer I'll update this thread.

Here is a link to the official page of Blackboxmycar's 750S-2CH
BlackVue DR650S-2CH WIFI Cloud- BlackboxMyCar

If we look at the basic 750S model, we're saving $59.99 on their website price (website price has free shipping, we pay 10$, therefore 379.99-310-10 = $59.99 savings)

If you have any recommendations/better offers feel free to let me know. I've set up a poll and if there's enough interest I'll ask for the links. I also expect exterior people who aren't members to use your links, so we don't necessarily need 50 of us.

Is there consensus amongst Model S or Model X owners regarding the benefits or drawbacks of the Power Magic Pro?

Not really needed. The Tesla will top off the 12v system and keep it in proper range. That is, until the main pack dies. The power magic will not prevent that.

From what I have read, the one benefit that it does offer for a Tesla is timed monitoring after parking (if it is tied to a switched 12v). You could have it only on for X hours after stopping. So you wouldn't have to worry if you were away for an extended time (weeks? months?)