Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
265/35/19 PS4S on bronze Ts5s and avg range is about ~10-15 wh/mi less than stock Aeros w/out covers, tested over 5k mi.

Though its not a controlled comparison, varying conditions at play, etc. most of those miles are over the same commute so its ballpark.

That said, 15wh/mi is more margin of error than anything. The biggest impact to efficiency with wide tires, IMO, seems to be driving in rain and its impact on rolling resistance, as well as ambient temps...but that might be more impacting on overall battery efficiency than just tires.

265/35/19 PS4S on bronze Ts5s and avg range is about ~10-15 wh/mi less than stock Aeros w/out covers, tested over 5k mi.

Though its not a controlled comparison, varying conditions at play, etc. most of those miles are over the same commute so its ballpark.

That said, 15wh/mi is more margin of error than anything. The biggest impact to efficiency with wide tires, IMO, seems to be driving in rain and its impact on rolling resistance, as well as ambient temps...but that might be more impacting on overall battery efficiency than just tires.

Do you have image of the car from back to see width of the tire?
Have you noticed any ride comfort difference going from aeros?
what's your wheel width?

Do any of you with 19s feel they are small for the wheel wells and would have gone up to 20s? My current debate.

I think it’s personal preference. The total outside diameter of the wheel and tyre is the same for 18/19/20” wheels. If the wheel is black or a dark colour, visually, there’s not much in it.

Personally, I’m running the 20” standard rims, and I’m going to downsize to 18 and 19” (summer and winter set-up). With the correct offset, I really like 18’s with the added benefit of lighter wheels and better ride quality.

according to the firs post, ~$1900 for a set
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Titan 7 for Tesla
T-S5 Forged Split 5 Spoke Wheel - Mono-Block Forged
Martian Wheels Mono-Block Forged

DSC04543_edited_de6c8a44-c3ef-4bab-b2c6-3b6d8f7b88aa.jpg

DSC04368_edited.jpg

Last edited: