Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messaged my Tesla rep this morning, I haven't contacted them much recently, because I don't want to bother them, and I'm sure they have probably dozens of people saying the same things. He did give me an update on my stuff though.

For context, I'm in the DFW area of Texas, I've been waiting on a contract since 7/17. I have not paid for the car yet, but I am in the process of delivering a guarantee of title to Tesla, via my lender. I asked if that would have any affect on my delivery and this was the response I received:

Hopefully this helps someone else.

everything i've read has me believing that for us in texas, tesla will not even put the car on a truck from CA until payment is made (after contract is finalized). so i don't understand how your car is already on a truck en route prior to contract and payment?!

everything i've read has me believing that for us in texas, tesla will not even put the car on a truck from CA until payment is made (after contract is finalized). so i don't understand how your car is already on a truck en route prior to contract and payment?!

They told me the exact thing you're saying.

Hi Ryan,

Congratulations on your recent Model 3 order!

I will be your point of contact and will be guiding you through the delivery process.

We are ready to prepare your paperwork for your upcoming Model 3 delivery.

Keep in mind, per state regulations, Texas purchases will need to have the vehicle fully funded and contract signed before shipping your Model 3 from California to Texas. Your estimated delivery date will be 17 days after the Model 3 is fully funded

Is my exact email (which I received on 7/17). That last line is highlighted in yellow in my email.

I have no idea why it has already shipped and is almost here. I don't know if it's because of the guarantee of title that I am sending today, or if it's just the way they're handling it now. I really have no clue.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Has anyone else in TX other than LonestarV received their MVPA yet?

I am in the same boat as many previous posters. No trade-in cash customer with a VIN going on 16 days now. I keep emailing my ISA and get the same apologetic response that the contracts team is behind and there is nothing she can do. It almost seems that the Texas contracts have been put on the bottom of the stack

I haven't received my MVPA but I decided to email my credit union with a copy of the pro-forma invoice my ISA sent to me and they were able to work with that. They also requested the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin which Tesla supplied. I just completed the financing today and the credit union will be emailing the cashier's check tracking number to my ISA so we can move forward with trying to schedule delivery.

I haven't received my MVPA but I decided to email my credit union with a copy of the pro-forma invoice my ISA sent to me and they were able to work with that. They also requested the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin which Tesla supplied. I just completed the financing today and the credit union will be emailing the cashier's check tracking number to my ISA so we can move forward with trying to schedule delivery.
Interesting. I have my MVPA which I signed but my credit union is requesting a copy signed by Tesla which I can't seem to get. Pickup has been (re) scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see.

Has anyone else in TX other than LonestarV received their MVPA yet?

I am in the same boat as many previous posters. No trade-in cash customer with a VIN going on 16 days now. I keep emailing my ISA and get the same apologetic response that the contracts team is behind and there is nothing she can do. It almost seems that the Texas contracts have been put on the bottom of the stack

I got one and a link appeared for me to pay. I paid via ach. Isa called a few days later and said my car will arrive on the 10th.

Interesting. I have my MVPA which I signed but my credit union is requesting a copy signed by Tesla which I can't seem to get. Pickup has been (re) scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll see.
Fingers crossed. In my case, even though the payment has been sent, they are now telling me I still have to wait for the final contract to be sent over for me to sign before they can even ship the car over. I was maybe a bit naive but my understanding was once the car was paid in full they could begin to ship it. So it looks like I am still stuck waiting for this contract before they ship it to Texas.

i'm going to put my tin foil hat on right now but i have a theory. there is no "contract delay" at all. they're not producing contracts for buyers in places such as TX because if they produce contracts for us after like the 1st week of July, we can't take delivery until August simply due to logistics. this makes them unable to report these as deliveries completed in july. Tesla is wanting to report to highest possible amount of deliveries for the month of July and as such, they're delivering to states that can take a delivery and sign a contract the same day.

Our ISA's are simply being told to only say that there is a backlog and to buy as much time as possible which is why it all seems so odd. obviously they cannot say yes we're doing this on purpose to pump up our july delivery numbers!

if the above is true, i am going to predict that all of us in TX will be getting these contracts very soon as it is August and July is in the books.

I would also note that two weeks ago my VIN was 44XXX. As of a few days ago, it changed to 57XXX. If they had proceeded to get me a contract two weeks ago to take delivery of 44XXX, my delivery date would have been 8/2. that car would not have been reported as a July delivery. So they gave that car to someone else who did take delivery in July. o_O

My ISA emailed me yesterday that the contracts team was done and the link to pay opened up in my account. She called me today to schedule a Dallas pick-up on 8/17.

Configured on 6/28. Contacted by ISA to start the processing on 7/11. I changed from trade in and funded by loan to no trade-in/cash on 7/14.

Perhaps jlawzy's theory is correct!

i'm going to put my tin foil hat on right now but i have a theory. there is no "contract delay" at all. they're not producing contracts for buyers in places such as TX because if they produce contracts for us after like the 1st week of July, we can't take delivery until August simply due to logistics. this makes them unable to report these as deliveries completed in july. Tesla is wanting to report to highest possible amount of deliveries for the month of July and as such, they're delivering to states that can take a delivery and sign a contract the same day.

Our ISA's are simply being told to only say that there is a backlog and to buy as much time as possible which is why it all seems so odd. obviously they cannot say yes we're doing this on purpose to pump up our july delivery numbers!

if the above is true, i am going to predict that all of us in TX will be getting these contracts very soon as it is August and July is in the books.

I would also note that two weeks ago my VIN was 44XXX. As of a few days ago, it changed to 57XXX. If they had proceeded to get me a contract two weeks ago to take delivery of 44XXX, my delivery date would have been 8/2. that car would not have been reported as a July delivery. So they gave that car to someone else who did take delivery in July. o_O

This is an interesting thought, and while I felt like it is possible, wouldn't they immediately "unfreeze" all Texas contracts as of this morning, if this were the case? That way they would stop angering people while simultaneously start padding their august deliveries. I still haven't seen or heard any more on mine.

My ISA emailed me yesterday that the contracts team was done and the link to pay opened up in my account. She called me today to schedule a Dallas pick-up on 8/17.

Configured on 6/28. Contacted by ISA to start the processing on 7/11. I changed from trade in and funded by loan to no trade-in/cash on 7/14.

Perhaps jlawzy's theory is correct!
Glad to see some more movement!

I got this email from my delivery advisor yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• 25DD6B9A-6270-4E43-BC22-EB76EEACFA28.jpeg
    25DD6B9A-6270-4E43-BC22-EB76EEACFA28.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 100
at some point overnight my payment portal opened up so i submitted the full payment! i'd say that for TX folks who have been waiting for contract to finalize, you will get it within the next day or two. i still do think my theory above holds true moreso than any kind of system down situation. tesla simply wanted to deliver the most cars it possibly could by 7/31 and that meant delaying TX as the logistics for TX require a 2-3 week transportation while most other states don't incur that delay.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire