Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone broken through the contracts/paperwork "freeze" yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at some point overnight my payment portal opened up so i submitted the full payment! i'd say that for TX folks who have been waiting for contract to finalize, you will get it within the next day or two. i still do think my theory above holds true moreso than any kind of system down situation. tesla simply wanted to deliver the most cars it possibly could by 7/31 and that meant delaying TX as the logistics for TX require a 2-3 week transportation while most other states don't incur that delay.

Jlawzy, think you get a gold star for your theory! Ali contacted me today and I made payment in full also! Tentative delivery is Wednesday Aug 15th! Anyone taking bets on how many reschedules we will suffer? Let hope NONE!

Still no contract here, looks like I missed the current batch headed to TX.

I also never got a VIN from the ISA, so I am wondering if “we matched you with a car” was real or not. Hard to believe they have my very common config sitting around in a parking lot in Cali for weeks waiting on a contract.

AWD delivery scheduled for Monday in NJ. No contract. No updated account page with final payment details. Last update was Tuesday saying that my car was still in transit. So far I'm assuming that my delivery will be getting delayed but hopefully I'm wrong.

Nothing but crickets here...

I got an MVPA on 7/18 and immediately sent a cashiers check for the full balance even before the payment portal opened up on my account. The check received by Tesla on 7/23, I have the return receipt. On 7/25 I was informed that my VIN was changing, no problems there. The payment portal then opened on my account on 7/27 but it did not reflect my payment, which is worrisome. Now I'm concerned that the fact the payment didn't go through the payment portal my delivery is being delayed. My last communication from my ISA was 7/27, this week there has been nothing but silence. Since Wednesday I've:
  • Called ISA left message, no callback.
  • Filled out the online form on the "contact" portion of the Tesla website, no call or email.
  • Emailed 8/1, ISA return receipt requested
  • Called the sales phone number, 7:30 yesterday morning (8/2), after waiting well over 30 min. talked to a representative and explained my concerns. He said my ISA would be calling me with an update.
  • Later yesterday morning got a read receipt from my email to my ISA, nothing else.
Still crickets...

If Tesla would just communicate there would be far fewer anxious individuals.

Last edited:
I think there is a train full of Model 3s coming to TX soon. Lots of us with delivery dates that week starting to stack up.
Anyone got any information to confirm that vehicle bound for Texas, North Houston SC specifically, are being shipped by rail? It would make sense since there is a UP yard that handles cars is in relatively close proximity, (NW of IAH, you can see it from the Hardy TW). Anyone that makes that drive on that section of the tollway happen to see a lot full of MOD3's?

Appreciate and love this group.

My update as follows for which I was waiting for an MVPA to be executed and pay button to appear, I was an early reservation holder who waited in the Austin line that first day to pre-order.
Expected delivery originally Aug 14 Austin DSC.

7/21 - VIN provided/emailed by my ISA, order placed for my 3.
7/21- Awaited MVPA to be released online, approved loan through Lightstream.
8/2 - Morning , email from TESLA to pay for car.
8/2 - Afternoon - Tesla ISA Kyle called saying there is a problem and the car was already shipped and waiting for pickup at the Austin DSC. Asked me to schedule and get it picked up this Satruday 8/4. I paid online at 6:00 pm, ISA called 30 min later and scheduled delivery of the M3 on Saturday morning at 10:30 AM CST. He said await a fedex package on 8/3 and bring that with me.

Will update you guys by Saturday on my experience.

Hang in there like I was and you guys who have been waiting for MVPA to be released online should get moving.

Appreciate and love this group.

My update as follows for which I was waiting for an MVPA to be executed and pay button to appear, I was an early reservation holder who waited in the Austin line that first day to pre-order.
Expected delivery originally Aug 14 Austin DSC.

7/21 - VIN provided/emailed by my ISA, order placed for my 3.
7/21- Awaited MVPA to be released online, approved loan through Lightstream.
8/2 - Morning , email from TESLA to pay for car.
8/2 - Afternoon - Tesla ISA Kyle called saying there is a problem and the car was already shipped and waiting for pickup at the Austin DSC. Asked me to schedule and get it picked up this Satruday 8/4. I paid online at 6:00 pm, ISA called 30 min later and scheduled delivery of the M3 on Saturday morning at 10:30 AM CST. He said await a fedex package on 8/3 and bring that with me.

Will update you guys by Saturday on my experience.

Hang in there like I was and you guys who have been waiting for MVPA to be released online should get moving.

odd that they shipped the car without payment, which is not protocol for tx bound tesla vehicles. do you know if the car you're picking up is the same VIN as the one they told you on 7/21?

Reconfirming the VIN by calling SDC Austin now. I was surprised about the shipment myself since i have been reading and knew for a fact they wont ship the car for TX bound owners until paid. Even though the ISA told me there was a mistake in the system and car "accidentally" got shipped to Austin beforehand.

Talked to Dhillon at SDC Austin, he confirmed that is my car in their lot,
I asked him that i was confused about the car getting into Austin this fast, He told me Tesla M3's are now getting shipped already from Cali to Austin even though once ordered even though i didnt pay yet. That didnt' make sense to me since a customer could potentially cancel and the car is stuck in another location.

Reactions: RyanInBinary
If Tesla would just communicate there would be far fewer anxious individuals.

Update of the crickets... Just got a call from my ISA, she said they intended to deliver in the first two weeks of August. My check is with the accounting manager, they are apprehensive that I wrote the VIN they previously assigned on the check. That's even though I provided proof as to the source of the funds and specifically stated the VIN notation on the check was non-binding. Hopefully, common sense will prevail.

Lesson learned, if you are paying cash, don't be impatient, wait for the payment portal to open, otherwise you may be dealing with confused accounting manager. Or if you are paying by cashiers check, don't put a VIN on the check to maintain flexibility in VIN reassignment.

Talked to Dhillon at SDC Austin, he confirmed that is my car in their lot,
I asked him that i was confused about the car getting into Austin this fast, He told me Tesla M3's are now getting shipped already from Cali to Austin even though once ordered even though I didn't pay yet. That didnt' make sense to me since a customer could potentially cancel and the car is stuck in another location.
Likely they have so many orders for "standard" configurations there is no risk. If one falls through they just run their delivery list until they find a match. That might explain why some that reserved/configured after others get their cars earlier than would be otherwise anticipated.

Guys, there’s a trick to get your contract done within few hours. Worked for me, twice! Basically call your delivery center and ask them to change your delivery to the same day, contracts then seen it and make it a priority. Then after contract, change delivery day to the one you had....

I had to do two contracts because i changed my loan amount (put more down) and my bank wanted the contract to show this before sending the check overnight....

I posted details of this in another thread. Let me go copy it and paste it here....

...Basically call your delivery center and ask them to change your delivery to the same day, contracts then seen it and make it a priority. ...

So got any advice as to how someone finds out the phone number for a delivery center (in Texas)? Tesla's website lists no local numbers.

upload_2018-8-3_12-55-55.png

See, listed numbers are either in California or a Toll-free number, nothing local.

Guys, there’s a trick to get your contract done within few hours. Worked for me, twice! Basically call your delivery center and ask them to change your delivery to the same day, contracts then seen it and make it a priority. Then after contract, change delivery day to the one you had....

I had to do two contracts because i changed my loan amount (put more down) and my bank wanted the contract to show this before sending the check overnight....

I posted details of this in another thread. Let me go copy it and paste it here....

Funny, an hour after posting here I got an email from my DA with an MVPA! On the phone with my loan officer to get an ACH completed.

Reactions: LonestarV