Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone had their Model 3 damaged at Burbank Service Center? What happened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took my M3 for service at the Burbank SC, and when I picked it up, it had damage (curb rash) on the passenger rear rim, and a scratches on the rear bumper.
Now the bumper on my 1900 mile Model 3 has to be repainted. Very frustrating, but has anyone had to deal with something similar at the Burbank Service Center?

What happened to you (what was the damage)?
What did they do to fix it?

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
I recently took my M3 for service at the Burbank SC, and when I picked it up, it had damage (curb rash) on the passenger rear rim, and a scratches on the rear bumper.
Now the bumper on my 1900 mile Model 3 has to be repainted. Very frustrating, but has anyone had to deal with something similar at the Burbank Service Center?

What happened to you (what was the damage)?
What did they do to fix it?
A SC damaged my boss' M3 when they replaced his suspension. In his case, the damage was recorded in the paperwork and when my boss pointed it out to them, they agreed to send it to a body shop to get it fixed.

Original post is from a while ago, but anyway ...

Also had a minor demage near the charge port done, scratch and a dent about 8 inches long, also at the Burbank Service Center. I only found it by accident when removing the SC cable, also it was dark already when I picked it up.

Talked to one of the guys, he said they'd check for photos (they take photos when they take cars in), after 3 unanswered e-mails and 2 calls they finally called back and acknoledged the damage was done by them. They offered to have it fixed by a body shop. Haven't brought it in yet, cause we have a 2-week road trip planned with our M3. Might skip that and ask for a discount on autopilot (still on the trial) instead, since they are saving on the shop and the loaner ;) Let's see how that goes

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
Another service center damaged my steering wheel when fixing the turn signal stalk. Burbank installed a new steering wheel for me when I went in for another issue. Tesla service will make it right. Also, the scratches will be buffed out. Paint shop most likely will not repaint it.

If you take a look at any Tesla service centers and you'll see it's jam packed with cars. Some damages could be caused by other Tesla drivers trying to pull in and out of it the spots without any techs noticing. I always ask them to move other cars out of the way before I leave or ask them to move my car to the exit.

Yeah, definitely not a world ending thing and yeah it could also have been another driver and not the SC folks. Unfortunately, it's not just scratches, but also dented, actually right next to that sharp curvature. Should be an easy fix regardless.