TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has anyone purchased inventory car in last 3 months?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rmsargent, Mar 2, 2016.

1. rmsargent

rmsargent Member

I'm looking at purchasing a 90D inventory car. I understand Tesla's standard formula is 1% off per month that the car has been used + $1 per mile. Has anyone had any luck getting them to come down on this number recently? My OA told me that all prices are set in stone and nonnegotiable... True? or is he playing some hard ball? Also any wisdom you can share on the overall process of getting an inventory car would be great! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

I should clarify, by "come down on this number" I really meant increase the size of the discount. Long day... I think it's time for bed. :wink:

2. Fanatic1

Fanatic1 Member

Bought an inventory car that had 2K miles on it that was about 6 weeks old. Originally quoted to have fewer miles so when it arrived, they updated the discount to reflect the true miles used days before I picked it up on 11/30/2015. I had to pay shipping fees but I got a referral discount at the time so that more than paid for shipping.

3. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Thankfully tesla sales model doesnt burden us or them with the option to dicker on the price. Either the price works for you or it doesnt.

4. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

It is, what it is. This isn't your Granddad's car company/dealership. You might try admiring a piece of Tesla gear when you pick up your car, and can maybe get them to throw it in but you're paying the Internet price of the vehicle.

5. DougH

DougH Active Member

If you are not in a hurry I would wait. Ever few months or so Tesla wholesales a group of cars to a few wholesalers in Texas and some sell them cheap.

Keep your eye on Ebay.

6. rmsargent

rmsargent Member

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Appreciate it.

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Are you referring to the P85Ds that sold in the $80Ks or $90Ks recently?