Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Front Styling, Better or Worse?

Which do you prefer?

• I prefer the original front styling

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I prefer the Highland front styling

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • I like them both the same

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Highland (aka Refresh) Model 3 for the first time recently, and concerning the shape of the front of the car, I think I prefer the original shape (as in the lower image).

17192409860187091107276241382595.jpg

Still worlds better than CyberTruck.

1719247779548.png
1719247825207.png

Winning by lowering the benchmarks?
Yet, you will find some folks claiming that CT is beautiful.
Personally, I think those folks need to have their vision tested, but to each his own.

The highland styling looks worlds better to me, not just a little better. The front of the model 3 is the worst looking part of the car to me, and I dislike it every time I walk up to my car from the front.

I do prefer the original TM3 nose to the updated one, if for no other reason than functionality - fog lights can come in handy, and air curtain around the front wheels will cool the brakes on track.

The rest is highly subjective.
I will take either TM3 over CT.

a

P.S.: Yeah, I've seen CT in person. It looks even uglier in real life, with mismatched sheet metal penal oxidation and mismatched front vs. rear shape of the truck.
P.P.S.: Yeah, I still have a CT on order. Don't ask me why anymore ;-).

Reactions: MarkoP
I know that I’m in the minority, but I find the highland front end too plain. The headlights remind me of late 90s era Camry/Accords and the front bumper just looks unfinished. I get that the new front end is probably cheaper to produce and more aerodynamic, but a little more form over function would be nice for a heavy refresh cycle.

Reactions: Rtmpaul and expat
Still worlds better than CyberTruck.

View attachment 1059334 View attachment 1059335

I do prefer the original TM3 nose to the updated one, if for no other reason than functionality - fog lights can come in handy, and air curtain around the front wheels will cool the brakes on track.

I'm guessing there are/will be aftermarket options for fog lights that could be mounted in the lower grill opening.

The Performance version does have air flow slits for aero as well as passive brake cooling.

I find the new nose to be cleaner and more elegant, but also more generic. It looks a lot like a Honda S2000. The old car's nose is more distinctive, but also a little funny looking. Overall, it's a wash for me. I like the new Performance model's styling better. It adds a little bit of the distinctiveness back with the reshaped front bumper cover, and the rear diffuser and spoiler help as well.

Reactions: ChooseFreedom
I find the new nose to be cleaner and more elegant, but also more generic. It looks a lot like a Honda S2000. The old car's nose is more distinctive, but also a little funny looking. Overall, it's a wash for me. I like the new Performance model's styling better. It adds a little bit of the distinctiveness back with the reshaped front bumper cover, and the rear diffuser and spoiler help as well.
The Performance front end is definitely an improvement over lower trims with the addition of side vents. Can’t say that it resembles the S2000 that much with the tall blank area above the grill, but who am I kidding. The Model 3 is more or less an EV Camry/Accord and the styling is tailored for the buyer demographic.

Reactions: ord3r