Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Front Styling, Better or Worse?

Which do you prefer?

• I prefer the original front styling

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • I prefer the Highland front styling

Votes: 72 59.0%
  • I like them both the same

Votes: 20 16.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish they kept the original « T » logo in the rear. The full « TESLA » looks a bit on the busy side. New tail lights are nicer than the old.
No.

IMG_3602.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Macb00kemdanno
The redesign was much needed for the Performance trim. I had a 23 M3P and honestly i didnt like that there was no difference on the looks compared to the Long Range or the Standard. I upgraded and got the Ultra Red performance and it definitely stands out like a performance trim should. I still love the look of older model 3, but the main thing on the refresh that is way better is the front lights. Sleek and just looks more stylish but if you arent into it, you can get a good deal on the previous generation.

The old one is better than the new one on SR and LR, but the new Performance is cool as hell. Like a mini-but-bloated Roadster.

The back is no contest -- the Highlands have the best back out of all Tesla models. Like something out of a Volvo/Polestar car. Beautiful.

I don't own a Tesla yet. We test drove a Model Y a few months ago. It was at the end of the test drive when I reversed into the parking lot, that I spotted ahead of me a pretty looking Red Tesla. My first thought was "Is that the new Roadster?" or a new Tesla model? See I know little about Tesla then. The SA at the lot informed me it is the new refreshed Model 3 or Highland. WTF?

I never liked the pre-2024 Model 3 when it first came out and still don't today. Why would anyone designed a vehicle that looked like a platypus?
The Y was passable, I think due to its size or maybe they are so many of 'em and I got used to it? It still looks like a pregnant platypus if I am being honest. But the refreshed Model 3 Highland redeemed my view of Tesla's designers.

Since then I've done more research and learned that there is a refresh Model Y coming. If the Highland is any indication, the Juniper Y would be astonishing. I recommend this video interview by Jay Leno with Franz and Lars of Tesla regarding the M3H to appreciate the significant improvements Tesla made over the old Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer