Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update & FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to toggle FSD on a few weeks ago after a firmware update. I had requested FSD beta 5 months ago. I have not received the holiday firmware update. I would rather have Apple Music than FSD beta.
Agreed. I’d rather play with the new software features than turn on FSD every now and then just to see that it’s still pretty mediocre lol.

Sorry guys but I'm new to Tesla and their software development/release practices. I just took delivery of a 2023 M3 LR December 7th and I'm currently on 2022.40.200 which from what I understand is the typical versioning standard for factory builds. I have FSD and plan on waiting for V11 FSD Beta to be released but wanted to upgrade to the holiday update if/when I am offered it. From what I'm hearing in this and other forum posts there is some risk to my eligibility for V11 FSD because the version number is lower than the Holiday update? Based on what Elon has loosely committed to why wouldn't the version number of V11 FSD be higher than the Holiday update? Wouldn't that make sense and allow them to follow through on the commitment to give access to anyone who wants it in North America?

Yes I'm little "Green" so please feel free to put me in my place..;)

Sorry guys but I'm new to Tesla and their software development/release practices. I just took delivery of a 2023 M3 LR December 7th and I'm currently on 2022.40.200 which from what I understand is the typical versioning standard for factory builds. I have FSD and plan on waiting for V11 FSD Beta to be released but wanted to upgrade to the holiday update if/when I am offered it. From what I'm hearing in this and other forum posts there is some risk in my elelgiblity for V11 FSD because th version number is lower than the Holiday update? Based on what Elon has loosely committed to why wouldn't the version number of V11 be higher than the Holiday update? Wouldn't that make sense and allow them to follow through on the commitment to give access to anyone who wants it in North America?

Yes I'm little "Green" so please feel free to put me in my place..;)
Trust me. You should just take the holiday update when you get it. FSD beta is going to be a toggle for everyone not too long from now and the holiday updates offers more UI features.

Reactions: 101dals
Ya mon, I kid I kid. Got to try to make the best of all the issues we have to deal with, especially Elon’s nonsense, and have some humor around here. It’s either that or join the guys whose butts are so tight that you could make glass if you put some sand in the crack.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Right. That article says:

For owners who are not in the FSD Beta, this means that they'll finally have access to the FSD Beta by simply turning on the option in the vehicle. FSD Beta will no longer be a separate version or update.​

That's a big change, if true.
Looks like I might have timed joining the Tesla EV wave perfectly. I’m an expert at flipping toggle switches.;)

I have 2022.40.4.2 installed and 2022.44.2 downloaded but not installed. If 10.69.3.3 is based on 2022.40.4 I won’t get that, but whenever 2022.40.5 comes out, would I get that if I still have 2022.44.2 waiting to be installed? I saw a similar question in another thread but it wasn’t answered. I’m guessing the pending install would prevent me from getting anything older.
Update: I never installed the pending 2022.44.2 update, and yesterday I received and installed 2022.40.4.10, aka FSD Beta 10.69.3.3. This was the first FSD Beta build for my 2018 Model S. I barely drove the car since requesting FSD Beta almost a week ago, and didn’t use AP at all.

A couple of quirks:
  1. When I rebooted after the update, I got an alert message saying that the touchscreen was unresponsive (it was) and that I should reboot again. I did, and the same alert message appeared but then went away and the touchscreen was fine.
  2. I noticed Sentry Mode was enabled even though I was parked in my garage and previously had Home and Favorites excluded. I checked the settings and neither Home nor Favorites were excluded now, so I excluded them again.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptUAL and PianoAl
Both of our Teslas are still on 2022.36.20 (FSD Beta 10.69.3.1). I am wondering why we have not at least gotten the 10.69.3.3 update but since we are on the beta 'path' it looks like no holiday update for us. It seems as though Elon was keen to add people to the beta program but that we have kind of gotten [intentionally?] left behind in terms of features. There have always been multiple release paths, but while the number of beta testers was small it was kind of ok. Now that it is more like 200,000 that difference is felt by a larger audience. I would like to see the V11 release put out and merge the feature list, and the sooner the better. I do not particularly like being left in the cold, but I do not want to give up the beta testing capability.

Both of our Teslas are still on 2022.36.20 (FSD Beta 10.69.3.1). I am wondering why we have not at least gotten the 10.69.3.3 update but since we are on the beta 'path' it looks like no holiday update for us. It seems as though Elon was keen to add people to the beta program but that we have kind of gotten [intentionally?] left behind in terms of features. There have always been multiple release paths, but while the number of beta testers was small it was kind of ok. Now that it is more like 200,000 that difference is felt by a larger audience. I would like to see the V11 release put out and merge the feature list, and the sooner the better. I do not particularly like being left in the cold, but I do not want to give up the beta testing capability.
I'm in the same boat, currently running 10.69.3.1 and awaiting install of 10.69.3.3. I do believe we'll see 10.69.3.3 over the next 24-48 hours, it just takes a while to deploy to the entire FSDb crowd, and it hasn't made it to use just yet.

I'm hopeful that V11.0 is being tested behind the scenes to employees who can't comment due to a strong NDA. It seems likely we'll see some sort of holiday update by 12/31, whether it's just another minor revision to 10.69.3.X or the full merged-stack V11.0. It's unclear what the point is of rolling out 10.69.3.3 right now, though.

I'm just happy to have FSDb after waiting so long, so getting an updated version sounds fun, but not that big of a deal. I'm glad so many new people are receiving FSDb for the first time who were running 2022.40.X software!

You haven't gotten 10.69.3.3 because Tesla has not rolled it out to more than about 5% of the beta testers yet. This is normal, as Tesla does staged rollouts to be cautious. Sometimes you catch the small wave; sometimes you wait for the big one. Usually each wave is like 10x the previous one. So, looking at teslafi, there are about 5000 cars on FSDb using Teslafi. The current wave is ~500 cars. So, you can expect the next wave (assuming the rollout is not aborted due to a critical issue) to be the remaining 5000 cars.

This is not, of course, a holiday update. Hopefully, there will be another release coming before the end of the year that has the holiday stuff.

It’s been said that this will happen next week. They will merge the two builds to one.

You haven't gotten 10.69.3.3 because Tesla has not rolled it out to more than about 5% of the beta testers yet. This is normal, as Tesla does staged rollouts to be cautious. Sometimes you catch the small wave; sometimes you wait for the big one. Usually each wave is like 10x the previous one. So, looking at teslafi, there are about 5000 cars on FSDb using Teslafi. The current wave is ~500 cars. So, you can expect the next wave (assuming the rollout is not aborted due to a critical issue) to be the remaining 5000 cars.

This is not, of course, a holiday update. Hopefully, there will be another release coming before the end of the year that has the holiday stuff.
Note that 10.69.3.3 isn't just going to existing beta testers. As I mentioned in my previous comment, 10.69.3.3 was the first FSD Beta build for my Model S after getting in the queue last week. My wife's Model 3 already has FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, but her car hasn't received the update yet.

Note that 10.69.3.3 isn't just going to existing beta testers. As I mentioned in my previous comment, 10.69.3.3 was the first FSD Beta build for my Model S after getting in the queue last week. My wife's Model 3 already has FSD Beta 10.69.3.1, but her car hasn't received the update yet.
10.69.3.3 is going only to beta testers. Many of these are new beta testers, but still beta testers. I have not heard of any FSD cars getting it unless they requested to be in the beta test program.

Reactions: vanca