TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How’s the wait going for the Aussie 3?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by houdini, May 25, 2018.

1. houdini

houdini Member

Past the two year mark and approaching the 1 year to go mark how is everyone feeling while we wait for the model 3? Has anyone given up due to needing another car and bought something else? EV, Hybrid or Rex? Or S for the free supercharging and range?
    It’s going to be a long year.........

2. strood

strood Member

Painfully slow. Haven’t bought anything else. Planning to spend about $75k on Model 3

3. nuckles

nuckles Member

I am the same. Looking about $75 - 80k. Starting to get itchy feet seeing some used model s coming into the 80k mark.

4. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Watch - some of those cheap S haven't got AP.

5. Peterbeans

Peterbeans New Member

Tired of the wait, and my ageing body, started looking at used Model S, then bought a new S 75D. Loving it.

6. tobygriffin

tobygriffin Member

Bought a BMW i3 to tide me over. Then traded that for a used S 85D when the kids started getting too big. Still have my reservation but probably won’t act on it.

7. Tasdoc

Tasdoc Member

Bought a new S75D last year. Over 10,000Ks on the clock already.

• Like x 1
  8. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Still waiting. And if I had a dollar for everyone who asks me when my Tesla is coming, I'd likely be able to pay cash next year too.

• Funny x 2
  9. Daemon

Daemon Member

10. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I don't read thas as a confirmation. It has the weasle word "probably" in it. But so long as my current ICE keeps running, it will mean a larger deposit, so all's well.

• Like x 1
  11. Techno-phile

Techno-phile Member

Don't put your Tesla life on hold for another year (or two on Elon time). Get into a Model S85 now 26172297_1988390428084089_8384910115656527760_o.jpg in perfect condition with AP1, sunroof, air suspension etc for $92,950

12. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

#12 Candleflame, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    92k will just throw luxary tax down the government's throat. RHD middle of next year (which will probably end up being 2020) is terrible news. Thought it'd be at least early 2019...
    We are getting a more than 2 year old car for the same price as a new car and probably 40% extra seeing how we are in australia...

13. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Luxury Car Tax does not apply to 2nd hand cars

14. Vostok

Vostok Member

The wait is hard but I’m not interested in Model S - new or used. Simply too big for my tastes and I want the Model 3 for its 500 km range, which is only possible with the most expensive S.

I’m hopeful (possibly against reason) that Model 3 will arrive mid next year here (July/August) as suggested, and it won’t become a November nightmare. Interestingly, “the wait” will be 1234 days on 17 August 2019, so maybe that will be the day :D

• Like x 1
  15. BenT

BenT Member

On the optimistic side, the delayed availability of Model 3 means that a lot of glitches will be ironed out before they get to Australia. It will not be a ‘2 year old’ model because it is continually updated. Also, if the Tesla hype is to believed, the more they ramp up production the cheaper it will get. If Tesla hits the magic 10000 units a week it might even be cheaper and arrive sooner - or have I been drinking too much koolaid?

• Like x 1
  16. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

I think you have it correct except for being cheaper, if that happens it wouldn't be till many years down the track.

17. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Agr eed. Though with over the air updates these can be worked out for older examples too. Ours will have more features and fewer bugs on the day we drive away for sure.
    I don't think sooner or cheaper are in the tesla playbook. But dare to dream!

18. Vostok

Vostok Member

It’ll be cheaper if AUD = 1.10 USD mid next year ;)

19. Brissienew

Brissienew Member

I've requested a refund of my deposit. I had lost interest in the model 3. Still want an EV, but may not be end up with a Tesla. After more than two years, I still don't like the look of the model 3, and I would rather a lift back or an SUV, not a sedan.

20. mhh

mhh Member

I'm thinking of doing the same. The electric Jaguar just got launched and all the Germans will have full electrics out soon.

How do we request the refund? Can it be done online or do we contact Tesla AU?