Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can FSD find my home again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
Navigation / FSD no longer knows where I live. Other stuff like keeping the car unlocked and folding mirrors works.

But now navigation is consistently trying to have me turn on the road before mine. And it's not trying to go around a block as that road is a short 4 or 5 house development / cul-de-sac road.

Is there any way to fix this?

thanks

corrrect? well, yes and no. It tells me the correct street address but marks the wrong location. It thinks that address is between the two streets in the middle of a field.

I was able to delete home and reset it. Same result. So I reset it to my current 'unknown location' (inside my garage). I'll have to see if navigate gets me home nest time.

Yes, it worked up to maybe a couple weeks ago. I actually have to turn off the road that my address is listed on and go a few yards down a gravel road to get to my driveway. It always said I was at my destination as I approached that side road which is fair. It can't (well I guess it could) know my driveway is a bit odd. So I always disengage 20-30 yards before hitting the 'arrived point' to make a left turn and go in the driveway..

But it never wanted to turn down the wrong road. Teslafi list my current version as
2022.4.5.21 10.11.2 2022-04-12

It's possible that the problem goes back that far. Not sure. One thing I noticed was the first time I reset home today, It navigated me from where I was in my garage, around the block for about a mile and a half back to where I was. After a few seconds with this closed loop, the endpoint jumped to the other road. When I did the second reset to the 'unknown location' and started navigation, nav immediatedly told me that I had arrived.

again yes and no. It was correct for many years but a few years ago it did change to be between my side road and the road nav is trying to turn on to But that error (I have tried reporting it) has been there for years before I even bought a Tesla. I suppose it's possible that it changed again (slightly) and nav is now paying attention to that or something in nav changed?

You can try reporting the issue to Google Maps as well as OpenStreetMap. Those edits may take time to propagate and make it to a Tesla navigation map update (separate from normal software updates/versions), so in the meantime I’d try a few pins as close to where your driveway/home is until it navigates as close as possible.

...You can get navigation even in cars without FSD purchase/subscription or even AP of any kind (older cars that didn’t come with AP)...
True. No argument there!

However, when the FSD without a driver takes a blind rider next May by following the faulty navigation to the wrong destination or into a river then the insignificant, lowly navigation function that any cheap car can get, is very important for FSD.

Last edited:
You can try reporting the issue to Google Maps as well as OpenStreetMap. Those edits may take time to propagate and make it to a Tesla navigation map update (separate from normal software updates/versions), so in the meantime I’d try a few pins as close to where your driveway/home is until it navigates as close as possible.
It has been reported to google maps twice now. Open Streets appears to be right. There is the correct number in the outline of my house and if I click on the house I get the correct information.

It still could be a nav issue. Google thinks it is in the middle of a field. Not any more accessable from the wrong road as the right one.

It has been reported to google maps twice now. Open Streets appears to be right. There is the correct number in the outline of my house and if I click on the house I get the correct information.

It still could be a nav issue. Google thinks it is in the middle of a field. Not any more accessable from the wrong road as the right one.
My road is on OSM and TomTom. I've reported it to Google several times because it's missing from Google Maps. It's never shown up. FSD beta stops at the intersection at the beginning of my road.

Reactions: spokey
I think that is what I did. It just refers to it as "Unknown Location'. But I did set home to it. Next time I'm out I plan to test to see if takes me home.
And if “manually pinning” and “setting as home” doesn’t do it when you choose your “real” location, just try pinning the driveway/entrance to your home on the street shown on the map. I’ve done that before for weird destination addresses that didn’t route right.

Reactions: spokey