Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How different is the new Comfort Suspension (October 22 -) to the previous gen (prior to Oct 22 change)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
with the recent info about the Model Y LR and Performance receiving a new Comfort suspension starting with cars manufactured in Texas and Fremont starting October 22, I'm curious just how different the driving feel and comfort really are compared to earlier 22-made cars...

Reactions: Whatstreet
with the recent info about the Model Y LR and Performance receiving a new Comfort suspension starting with cars manufactured in Texas and Fremont starting October 22, I'm curious just how different the driving feel and comfort really are compared to earlier 22-made cars...

I'm wondering if "Comfort Suspension" will be Air suspension? At the same time I doubt it because Air Suspension will be a lot more expensive for Tesla to include for the 3 & Y

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if "Comfort Suspension" will be Air suspension? At the same time I doubt it because Air Suspension will be a lot more expensive for Tesla to include for the 3 & Y
I doubt that as well, and it doesn’t take air suspension to reach “comfort”, look at any German SUV that doesn’t have air suspension. They drive great and feel great - mostly due to superior dampeners in the suspension system.

Reactions: Rice&Curry
Upvote 0
I'd be interested in this too. Not that I hate my 2021 Model Y LR ride, but I must admit I wouldn't mind a tad more of a "soft" and comfy suspension tuning.

Personally I notice the comfort difference for my 2023 Model YLR VS Model 3. When I move the two car from the garage. I notice the differences, not night and day but over all the Y feels more comfortable.

Upvote 0
I have a 2022 MYLR (255/45/20) and 2022 M3LR (235/45/18) and the MY is a better ride but I will say the M3 is ok with the 18’s.

I am genuinely curious if in fact brand new MYs do in fact ride better. I put on 255/45 Vredestein the day after I picked up the MY and run at 38psi. So I don’t really have a feel for the stock 255/40 Goodyears on the induction wheels.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Upvote 0
I received my VIN on Oct 14th. But don't know when exactly the car was built as the info on the car only gives month date 10/22.
Also I've never been in a MY before...never test drove one.
All I know is the suspension is nice, better than my CX-5 I traded in. A good mix of comfort and road feel IMO. Then again I've never owned a floaty suspension luxury car. Owned Civics, Mazda 3, CX-5 and BMW 335i.

On top of this recently announced suspension change it is well reported the MY went through previous suspension improvements over the past year or so. Too many reports on forums and YT comparing older MY to newer MY (M3 also) to dispute that.

I will try to email my SA and see if she can check my VIN for the actual build date to see if it was before or after Oct 7th.

Upvote 0
I have a 2021 MY and the ride is great on smoothly paved roads. On bumpier roads, it's rather harsh and busy.

There's also a boominess to the interior. I tried to tweak the hatch screws but not much difference.

Gotta do my vinyl tubing method if you want to fix that boominess!

On another note, I'm really eager to compare the new suspension to my MPP Coilovers.

Upvote 0
What's the method? Is it an easy fix?

Yep! Basically some vinyl tubing 5/16" outer diameter which seems to work for most people (I used 3/8" though) goes into the rubber gasket of your hatch. You then have to re-adjust your hatch stops after. But doing this reduces the flex of your hatch over bumps and should significantly reduce boominess.

Or a tutorial I made on YouTube

Upvote 0
Upvote 0