Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I opt-out of the FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the only way to opt-out of the FSD beta via email to [email protected]? I have emailed that address at least five times. The first time I got an autoreply saying I should reply to opt-out. I replied asking a few questions about the ramifications of opting out. No response from them ever again. So frustrating. Isn't there supposed to be an opt-out button in the car's screen? As detailed here, I have the beta firmware on my car, but can't use it. Still have the awful, repeated nags, and terrible autopilot experience though. All of the pain and none of the fun.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311 and Dcam
Is the only way to opt-out of the FSD beta via email to [email protected]? I have emailed that address at least five times. The first time I got an autoreply saying I should reply to opt-out. I replied asking a few questions about the ramifications of opting out. No response from them ever again. So frustrating. Isn't there supposed to be an opt-out button in the car's screen? As detailed here, I have the beta firmware on my car, but can't use it. Still have the awful, repeated nags, and terrible autopilot experience though. All of the pain and none of the fun.

It used to be immediate but I didn't realize that they changed it until you told me.

There used to be an opt-out button at the same location as the button to request for Safety Score.

Clicking on that would immediately disenroll you and that would immediately restore your radar function to 90 MPH instead of 80 MPH and also the following distance to 1 instead of 2.

Now, the opt-out button is missing!

Sorry. Those were the good old days but things just keep on changing!

Reactions: ContrarianDC
Sounds like the best way to opt out is request it again and reply to the automated email.
I get the impression that email address can't be used to support - its an inbound only. I've yet to receive anything but automated responses from it.
So the automation is expecting a confirmation - asking questions will likely be ignored by the automation.

Here is what the email says:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all FSD Beta related feedback will be forwarded to the engineering team.

If you would like to opt-out of the FSD Beta, please reply to this email and we will process your request.

For all vehicle related concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

Thank you,
Tesla

So I did respond, but with questions. Seems like if what you're saying is true, I should already be opted out, right? Although I asked questions...I responded. Every time I email that address now, I never get a reply. But, I still have the FSD beta firmware. What a joke. How can you be close to putting a person on Mars and you can't properly manage this beta program with respect to something so simple? It's not like this a program with millions of people in it. This is manageable. But not for Tesla, for whatever bizarre reason.

Here is what the email says:

So I did respond, but with questions. Seems like if what you're saying is true, I should already be opted out, right? Although I asked questions...I responded. Every time I email that address now, I never get a reply. But, I still have the FSD beta firmware. What a joke. How can you be close to putting a person on Mars and you can't properly manage this beta program with respect to something so simple? It's not like this a program with millions of people in it. This is manageable. But not for Tesla, for whatever bizarre reason.
what I meant was just try emailing again to opt out but don't add anything else to response - I guessing all the extra stuff made the automation ignore the email.
I'm presupposing that they don't have a human looking at it because so many folks are treating like a support line, even folks not on the beta. I saw one post on here were someone suggested bombarding the email with requests for improvements.

I opted out ~2 weeks ago due to terrible AP not just FSD experience. It was cool in the beginning and when there was no traffic around me. Otherwise it would take awkward turns, hesitation to move forward, turning into opposing lane etc. Vision only and no radar made my AP experience even worst in heavy Philadelphia traffic and that was enough for me to get rid of it.
I emailed three times without any reply but one day FSD menu was gone and couple days ago I got the production software. Just keep emailing to the worst customer service company in the world 🤷🏻

Just wanted to add my recent experience…

It took me 3 emails sent over a period of 9 days to get opted out. (I noticed FSD Beta had been deactivated on Day 10, one day after my third email.)

It’s so nice to have radar back and be rid of all the drawbacks and hassles associated with Tesla Vision. I just hope it lasts. 😬🤞

Reactions: pilotSteve
Same! It really has changed my perspective when sharing my Tesla experiences when asked. Now when people ask how I like Tesla, it has as many negatives as positives.

The car would make sudden stops for no reason at all when you're on the highway. it would miss signs it would miss speed limit signs I just felt that it was more of an hassle to have it. I'll wait for the final product to be delivered.

I just dropped out of the FSD Beta program after one year of participation. I am amazed how much more enjoyable my Model Y with RADAR is to drive on the current production firmware. No longer does the car hunt while lane keeping. It is now solid as a rock. No longer do I have sudden, unexpected, random speed changes on the freeway with a posted 75 MPH limit, changing 35 MPH and rapidly slowing. No longer do I have un-commanded lane changes that make no sense with the car moving out of the proper lane just to try and move back again. No longer does the car fail to observe obstructions like a common traffic gate and attempt to drive through it because the NN and Tesla Vision is not trained and constantly fails to recognize that common obstruction. These are just a few examples of many issues I have have observed with Tesla Vision. I have so much more confidence with RADAR and Tesla Vision providing forward collision warnings vs. Tesla Vision alone. My hope is Tesla returns to incorporating RADAR data input in all of its vehicles, to ensure protection against obstructions the NN may not be trained to recognize and will continue to maintain the smoothness and confidence building performance of the current production firmware.

I just dropped out of the FSD Beta program after one year of participation. I am amazed how much more enjoyable my Model Y with RADAR is to drive on the current production firmware. No longer does the car hunt while lane keeping. It is now solid as a rock. No longer do I have sudden, unexpected, random speed changes on the freeway with a posted 75 MPH limit, changing 35 MPH and rapidly slowing. No longer do I have un-commanded lane changes that make no sense with the car moving out of the proper lane just to try and move back again. No longer does the car fail to observe obstructions like a common traffic gate and attempt to drive through it because the NN and Tesla Vision is not trained and constantly fails to recognize that common obstruction. These are just a few examples of many issues I have have observed with Tesla Vision. I have so much more confidence with RADAR and Tesla Vision providing forward collision warnings vs. Tesla Vision alone. My hope is Tesla returns to incorporating RADAR data input in all of its vehicles, to ensure protection against obstructions the NN may not be trained to recognize and will continue to maintain the smoothness and confidence building performance of the current production firmware.
Glad you joined today to share your departure. Good luck.

How long before you noticed the beta program was gone? I turned it off but that doesn't mean it's completely off the car, I sent Tesla an email should I expect the response saying it's been completed?

Sounds like you had a terrible experience. Though I wonder why. Lane keeping, speed limit sign reading, changing lanes are all on vision even with radar. Radar was only used as a range-finder to the car in front of you for adaptive cruise control. The module sits in the front bumper, forward looking.

Without FSD Beta (city streets), AP/NoA are used on highways/freeways, so I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing issues with traffic gates. Unless you use AP on city streets with traffic light controls (confirming each intersection for the car to continue driving).

Glad it's working for you now.