TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to turn off audio/radio?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RedModel3, Jul 17, 2018.

1. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

I'm hoping someone can help me. I got my car yesterday and have been unable to find an answer to this.

I don't always like to listen to radio or music when I drive. For the life of me, I have been unable to figure out how to turn the audio/radio off. The media system seems very unintuitive. Please help!

2. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

Press the left scroll wheel (mute/pause) button.

. . . unless the 3 is different from the S/X.

3. furizu

furizu Member

this ^^ if you're listening to streaming music or Bluetooth you can also hit the "pause" button on the screen.

4. buddhra

buddhra Member

There's no off button since the radio is just a function of the center screen. You can turn the volume down or select a different source like phone, TuneIn, or streaming. Those sources will only start playing after you select something to play.

5. Robert2on

Robert2on Member

This is correct. Push on the left steering wheel button or pause on the screen. Answer provided by the others - enjoy!

6. LadyMacbrat

LadyMacbrat Member

That works!

7. mayes

mayes New Member

Is there a way to prevent the radio from coming on whenever the vehicle starts?