Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 even after April 12th build date

Do you have HW3 build date after April 12?

• Yes

Votes: 44 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 49.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can lower the piece of trim in the footwell behind the glove box (there are three or four push-pins) and take a photo of the part number through the slit with a phone camera. But the codec's pretty foolproof: HW2.5 doesn't have hardware support for H.265, HW3.0 does.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
You can lower the piece of trim in the footwell behind the glove box (there are three or four push-pins) and take a photo of the part number through the slit with a phone camera. But the codec's pretty foolproof: HW2.5 doesn't have hardware support for H.265, HW3.0 does.

ok. Will do. I might just cheat and ask the mobile tech when I see them this week

Please excuse me for quoting myself.

I got around to taking a photo of the sticker of the computer in back of the glovebox.

View attachment 431624

The numbers on the sticker are similar to the above mentioned numbers and the stamped 1465773-00-C is the same.
The build date is December 12, 2018. That appears to be an early date.

I am thinking my car is HW 3. Which is nice because I bought it with FSD

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark
Here is a photo for an Australian RHD built July 9th 2019, delivered September 12th 2019 (6th car in the state of Victoria).
There was an actual sticker nearby with the option code printed (quite hard to reach to take a photo), it removes any ambiguities as to which version it is: APH4 Autopilot hardware V3

Exactly how do I remove panels to get to computer?
Underneath the glove box, in front of the front passenger seat. You'll see 3 plastic pins, pull the centre part out (using finger or flat screw driver). Make sure to only pull the centre and whole thing will come off.

Then insert your hand in there and slid it up. There are 5 plastic bit holding the panel just below the glove box opening. Pull slowly but hard, it will need some force, and it can't break.

Then pull the whole panel out horizontally to dislodge the bottom of the panel.

To put back, do the opposite. Insert the bottom first, push hard below the glove box.

Ordered early last week... when I go into my Tesla account and click "Upgrade AP"... FSD Computer is listed as included upgrades. I wonder if this is something that wasn't changed over or if they reverted back to 2.5.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 9.16.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 9.16.23 PM.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Same boat here. I'm quite upset about being lied to, but there's really no recourse.

Well they have started doing TM3 , HW3 upgrades in Canada now. If you have FSD, you could try booking an appointment.

Last week I saw that somebody in BC got their HW3 upgrade. This was the first one in Canada I was aware of. So on Thursday morning, i booked and appointment to get my TM3 (June build) done, expecting it to be cancelled. Thursday evening I got a confirmation to get the work done at the Toronto Mississauga service center on ambassador Drive. As of Saturday, it still stands, though I will be pleasantly surprised, if it is not cancelled by Tuesday.