Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I dipped my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I go to peel off the copper. I'm going to have a little fun. I'm going to dip the back 3/4 of the car black and make the car a giant Duracell battery. I'll stencil the word Duracell on the side and under that I'll do something like 5040 lithium ion battery cells. Just seizing the opportunity.
IMG_5030.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpg
    IMG_5030.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 772
Before I go to peel off the copper. I'm going to have a little fun. I'm going to dip the back 3/4 of the car black and make the car a giant Duracell battery. I'll stencil the word Duracell on the side and under that I'll do something like 5040 lithium ion battery cells. Just seizing the opportunity.

You definitely win a prize for creativity Darren!

Darren, you're an inspiration.

When I get my Model S, i'm going to forego all this fretting over OptiCoat, Xpel Ultimate, et al, and just dip it Battleship Gray. I might even slap on a white Battle "E" as a homage to my service time 30 years ago.

Then Immagonna road trip out to Fremont and park it next to #TeslaVets to get its picture taken.

That would be awesome. Definitely be a one off. I once considered doing a camo theme. There are tons of different camo themes. In the end I decided against it because it takes more experience than I have. It's also a lot of masking and a lot of precision involved. Plus patience I don't think I have. Lol.

I may do this for Independence Day next year. I should have the skill and experience by then.
image.jpg

It's nuts how many people have asked if I'm getting paid to do this to my car. So many people have said don't do it if you're not getting paid. I guess they just don't get it, it's not about the money. If it was I'd ride a bike or walk everywhere. It's about making a statement.

- - - Updated - - -

My front nose cone will be aluminum to mimic a battery terminal.

yeah, except he won't make the meter reflect the actual state of charge of the car like we wanted. Hmmph.

I'm open to suggestions.

I had to take a short hiatus today when the temps got too high. The dip dries too fast in hot temps not allowing it to properly level. That's why there's so much texture on the car now. Won't make that mistake again. Pics of todays completed project coming soon. Not "Tesla soon", just soon. :biggrin:
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
IMG_5428.JPG