Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need to buy an Android phone, which one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vote is for the Pixels. Monthly security updates and the latest OS without waiting. We have OG Pixel XL and 2XL and they have been great. Battery life, camera, stability, smoothness of operation are all excellent. The 3 should continue this tradition.

A Pixel 3 for the Model 3 sounds like a good match!

Last edited:
Reactions: kbecks13
I buy everyone's phones at work. No experience with Tesla on those phones but I'd highly recommend a Pixel or a Samsung in general (I'm holding out for a Pixel 3 XL). But most Android phones are getting so good these days that you're kind of splitting hairs between brands within similar price ranges. They all have minor strengths and weaknesses and subtly different features but are very similar in the big picture.

It's kind of a personal decision so you should really spend some time reading articles/reviews and checking them out in person to see what you like. You'll be happier in the long run if you take the time to make a decision that fits your preferences. Just double-check in here that there aren't any big problems with the one you pick before you pull the trigger.

What are all these worms doing here?

OP, I think you're going the wrong way about it.

(1) Determine which phone you'd like.
(2) Ask Model 3 owners about it
(3) If you don't like the responses, go to (1)
(4) Buy phone

Determining which phone you want, if your focus is working with Model 3, I'd focus on getting the cheapest phone possible. Less cost to correct if you find it doesn't work well.

Last edited:
My Samsung Galaxy S8 is a great phone with great camera, no problems using it with the Tesla. I also like that it's an OLED screen instead of LCD. If you want a much cheaper phone with average camera then look at the Moto G and Moto X. Don't buy a phone without using it in the store for a few minutes first.

Couldn't agree more. My S8 has worked flawlessly with the Model 3 since day one. There was an initial problem with audio echo on incoming calls, but Tesla fixed that several software revs back. Since the S9 came out, you can get a good deal on an S8.