Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there. New to the group from Meridian ID and just test drove a MY today at the Boise center. It was my first time ever driving a Tesla or EV for that matter. I'm sold and will be ordering a MY Performance, in blue of course, tomorrow. The staff at the Boise center were beyond great. I walked in at lunchtime and they only had a MYLR to demo, but set me up and said "we don't have any more demos scheduled today, so keep it as long as you need to!". I spent an hour wringing it out over various roads and I love it! I can't imagine how much different the P model will be, but we'll find out.

Interesting that a regular MY shows arrival in July 2022, but if I order the MYP it shows February 2022. I'm good either way as I have other cars in the stable for now.

Still haven't received anything. Hope I didn't screw something up. It is a crazy process. Who would believe you could order a $60,000+ car and never speak with a soul. I am sure if I would have purchased another luxury brand they would be calling ME non-stop. I have found it frustrating and nearly impossible to get information from the wizards behind the curtain. I have been to the service center in Boise a few times. They seem very helpful there but the associates often know less about the current tesla news than I do. BTW I used to live in Hailey . I taught at WRHS and was the head boys basketball coach from 1981-88. Great memories.
Maybe call or stop in Boise and ask them to double check your order?

And welcome @Lioxani4 and @csrpenfab !!!

Still haven't received anything. Hope I didn't screw something up. It is a crazy process. Who would believe you could order a $60,000+ car and never speak with a soul. I am sure if I would have purchased another luxury brand they would be calling ME non-stop. I have found it frustrating and nearly impossible to get information from the wizards behind the curtain. I have been to the service center in Boise a few times. They seem very helpful there but the associates often know less about the current tesla news than I do. BTW I used to live in Hailey . I taught at WRHS and was the head boys basketball coach from 1981-88. Great memories.
And very cool for your service at WRHS! Was it in what is now the Community Center then? I was a ski bum in 89-90, then returned with my family full time in Feb 98 and never looked back. 3 kids through the WR School systems. Youngest graduated WRHS last spring. Go Wolverines!

Also, Muffy Davis is my next door neighbor. We live on the bench above the "new" middle school. You may remember her. We are God parents of their daughter, a middle school student at this time.

And very cool for your service at WRHS! Was it in what is now the Community Center then? I was a ski bum in 89-90, then returned with my family full time in Feb 98 and never looked back. 3 kids through the WR School systems. Youngest graduated WRHS last spring. Go Wolverines!

Also, Muffy Davis is my next door neighbor. We live on the bench above the "new" middle school. You may remember her. We are God parents of their daughter, a middle school student at this time.
I believe Muffy was a freshman when I was there. She is a legend along with Picabo Street whom I had in class. My wife is friends with Muffy as they work together in the State Democratic party. Just got my EDD today...September :-( Was hoping for some summer driving. Oh well, I am sure it will change a few times. Any snow up there yet?? I am sure the mountain is making a ton.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I believe Muffy was a freshman when I was there. She is a legend along with Picabo Street whom I had in class. My wife is friends with Muffy as they work together in the State Democratic party. Just got my EDD today...September :-( Was hoping for some summer driving. Oh well, I am sure it will change a few times. Any snow up there yet?? I am sure the mountain is making a ton.
I have never met Picabo, but have waterskied with Bubba. My recent graduate daughter is home for a few months from the start of her gap year, and is training on the mountain with Muffy’s husband, Jeff, who runs programs at Higher Ground for a winter job before some spring travel before starting school next year. Kids these days! ;) I will say Hi to Muffy for you.

Seems like these initial EDD’s are subject to change. And getting a VIN and actual delivery date is a bit fluid too, it seems, especially right now. Once the new and refreshed factories are up and running fully, I bet things might change again.

Pretty dry up here yet. Very warm November that slowed us down. They are finally opening a little more mountain slowly on some of the groomers. And we are supposed to get some good natural snow finally starting this weekend sometime or Monday. Hoping for it! But it is not on the ground until it is. :)

Funny, I started second guessing myself for not ordering the Performance model, for faster delivery time, and also that extra performance, but that is a symptom of over thinking it and looking at the internet too much. The MYLR is a much more practical model for my needs and where I live. LOL! I am excited to finally get this car. I ordered not long after I and my son were at a rock festival in Southern California to benefit and protect beaches, and had had a great day at the beach at Crystal Cove State Park, and then Dana Point for the concert, and the very next day there was a huge oil spill. It radicalized me (a little overstatement, it motivated me strongly) to see if I could move off fossil fuels sooner. Trying to get the house net zero with charging car(s) also. Plus we plan on building out an apartment over the garage that we plan to rent to a school teacher or county employee, and hope for that to be net zero too. @DrGriz is ahead of me on that curve. Looking forward to his finally receiving his rig!! Any word, @DrGriz ??

Last edited:
I have never met Picabo, but have waterskied with Bubba. My recent graduate daughter is home for a few months from the start of her gap year, and is training on the mountain with Muffy’s husband, Jeff, who runs programs at Higher Ground for a winter job before some spring travel before starting school next year. Kids these days! ;) I will say Hi to Muffy for you.

Seems like these initial EDD’s are subject to change. And getting a VIN and actual delivery date is a bit fluid too, it seems, especially right now. Once the new and refreshed factories are up and running fully, I bet things might change again.

Pretty dry up here yet. Very warm November that slowed us down. They are finally opening a little more mountain slowly on some of the groomers. And we are supposed to get some good natural snow finally starting this weekend sometime or Monday. Hoping for it! But it is not on the ground until it is. :)

Funny, I started second guessing myself for not ordering the Performance model, for faster delivery time, and also that extra performance, but that is a symptom of over thinking it and looking at the internet too much. The MYLR is a much more practical model for my needs and where I live. LOL! I am excited to finally get this car. I ordered not long after I and my son were at a rock festival in Southern California to benefit and protect beaches, and had had a great day at the beach at Crystal Cove State Park, and then Dana Point for the concert, and the very next day there was a huge oil spill. It radicalized me (a little overstatement, it motivated me strongly) to see if I could move off fossil fuels sooner. Trying to get the house net zero with charging car(s) also. Plus we plan on building out an apartment over the garage that we plan to rent to a school teacher or county employee, and hope for that to be net zero too. @DrGriz is ahead of me on that curve. Looking forward to his finally receiving his rig!! Any word, @DrGriz ??
It is easy to chase various models for sure. I just wanted to secure all the range that I could possibly get. Our daughter has a Model 3 and "real world" range is much much lower. Plus with the cold temps in SV it will be even shorter. Oh well, maybe the new batteries will be available by the time that we finally take delivery. Plus the standard Y has plenty of acceleration. A performance model would just get me in more trouble ;-)

BTW...not sure if Muffy will remember me since I was at the high school coaching and she was in the JH. Tell her that Brad Jaques is one of my all-time favorites. She will remember him. Tell Bubba hi for me when you see him again.

Still waiting on a new EDD. At this moment, looking at other August orders, think I'll be seeing a car sooner than February. But cannot know until we have key cards in our hands. Even having a VIN is no guarantee.

I totally agree that MYP would be a relatively bad idea in the mountains of Idaho. I want every millimeter of underbody clearance and every inch of sidewall for the rough roads. I think I've said before I'd pay the extra margin that MYP buyers are paying to get the 19s, maybe even 18s!

November was the wettest I remember since moving here in '86. Mushrooms like I never have seen. All because it was a few degrees warmer. Had it been snow that would be unremarkable, but even then, November was not the best for solar production of the 4 that I've been through. (Still best year, however).

I ordered my MYP last week on 12/9 with an EDD of "February" that quickly changed to a 3/11-4/8 window a few days later. This morning, it moved up to 1/14-2/11! It'll be here when it gets here, but it looks like it will come quicker than I expected. I'm good with anything after 1/1!
MYP’s definitely seem to be quicker than the MYLR.’s In terms of delivery. Double entendre not originally intended.

I was in Boise to see Hamilton Sunday night, and then was driving to Tacoma to do some family business stuff, and thought i would try to catch a test drive in Boise before I left Monday morning. Was told by the app/website that no test drives are available in that area. And here in the PNW, I would have to drive up to Seattle to get it done. Not a long distance, but no joke of a drive in holiday times traffic. My trip is too short to deal with that, and I don’t REALLY need another test drive anyway. But, they are not making it easy for folks to check out these cars right now.

I was in Boise to see Hamilton Sunday night, and then was driving to Tacoma to do some family business stuff, and thought i would try to catch a test drive in Boise before I left Monday morning. Was told by the app/website that no test drives are available in that area. And here in the PNW, I would have to drive up to Seattle to get it done. Not a long distance, but no joke of a drive in holiday times traffic. My trip is too short to deal with that, and I don’t REALLY need another test drive anyway. But, they are not making it easy for folks to check out these cars right now.
I too found "No test drives available" when checking the website for the Boise location. Since it's only a few miles from my work, I headed over during lunch last week to see what's up. The advisor told me that the reason there are no test drive appointments available is because they're in the middle of turning over their demo fleet, and they're waiting for the new demos to arrive. She then said "I have a Model Y LR that has not test drive appointments today, so take it out for as long as you'd like". Bingo! I took a 90 minute test drive all over Boise and then returned to my desk at work to order my MYP.

I too found "No test drives available" when checking the website for the Boise location. Since it's only a few miles from my work, I headed over during lunch last week to see what's up. The advisor told me that the reason there are no test drive appointments available is because they're in the middle of turning over their demo fleet, and they're waiting for the new demos to arrive. She then said "I have a Model Y LR that has not test drive appointments today, so take it out for as long as you'd like". Bingo! I took a 90 minute test drive all over Boise and then returned to my desk at work to order my MYP.
Good to know. Will just stop in when I am next around during biz hours, as that is where I will pick up eventually.

Meanwhile, found out for sure there are no Tacoma, nor South Sound, Tesla SC’s yet. One is coming to Fife, right next to Tacoma where all the other car dealers are, but not for a while yet. So, no extra test drives for me this trip.

Reactions: csrpenfab
I ordered my MYP last week on 12/9 with an EDD of "February" that quickly changed to a 3/11-4/8 window a few days later. This morning, it moved up to 1/14-2/11! It'll be here when it gets here, but it looks like it will come quicker than I expected. I'm good with anything after 1/1!
I guess I'm right behind you...what was your color and configuration?

Wonder if my Y will come in on the same truck as the new demos...🤔

Did you ever get an EDD?