Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any update to your delivery date? get assigned one yet? keep us updated.
Not yet. Though the EDD range shifted up a day. 7/30-8/5. And now there is a new disabled option to review agreements. So my hopes keep climbing!

1627075173189.png

Not yet. Though the EDD range shifted up a day. 7/30-8/5. And now there is a new disabled option to review agreements. So my hopes keep climbing!

View attachment 687458
yeah it seems that everybody got that today, regardless of EDD. but thats exciting that your delivery date moved up, mine has done the single day jig on the close end and keeping steady on the far end. Still skeptical i'll get it this quarter with so many april and may orders waiting to be fulfilled.

yeah it seems that everybody got that today, regardless of EDD. but thats exciting that your delivery date moved up, mine has done the single day jig on the close end and keeping steady on the far end. Still skeptical i'll get it this quarter with so many april and may orders waiting to be fulfilled.
We will get it around 16th Aug week. I have a feeling that it will be that week.

Reactions: ajs847
I got a message from my SA in Naperville saying they expect to get the car in on 8/2, so they will inspect and get it ready by 8/4 or 8/5.

I also got an email from Tesla Schaumburg about a live orientation next week. Don't know why Schaumburg. They must be centralizing it to one dealer in the Chicago area.

1627232869698.png

Reactions: jbomb and ajs847
I got a message from my SA in Naperville saying they expect to get the car in on 8/2, so they will inspect and get it ready by 8/4 or 8/5.

I also got an email from Tesla Schaumburg about a live orientation next week. Don't know why Schaumburg. They must be centralizing it to one dealer in the Chicago area.

View attachment 688045
Still no VIN for me on a 5/23 order, but I had the virtual orientation last week. Maybe something will show up soon...

I got the text alert to schedule my pickup today at Naperville. They asked for Aug 4, 5, or 6 so I obviously went for the 4th in the morning.
I still have a greyed-out "Review Agreements" button.

I now have the "Submit Final Payment" section but I'm going to skip doing it through Plaid and go for the cashier's check at delivery. I'm not too sure about using Plaid. Anybody else doing Plaid or do you prefer wire transfer or check?

Reactions: ajs847
I got the text alert to schedule my pickup today at Naperville. They asked for Aug 4, 5, or 6 so I obviously went for the 4th in the morning.

I now have the "Submit Final Payment" section but I'm going to skip doing it through Plaid and go for the cashier's check at delivery. I'm not too sure about using Plaid. Anybody else doing Plaid or do you prefer wire transfer or check?
Man, maybe one day I'll actually get my VIN...

I'm most likely going to do Plaid once I have the option. I use Chase for all my banking and have used Plaid for all kinds of things, so I don't have any concerns with the platform, personally.

planning on bringing a cashiers check for the down payment and will figure out the financing when I get a vin/ delivery date.

Reactions: jbomb
My EDD window seems to be stuck at 16 days and shifts a day forward, this pattern has happened for a few days now. @weebs11 or @javirey you experience this? It seems to want to be 12 days ahead of current.
Pretty much. Ordered on 5/23 and my current window is 8/31-9/20. Those start and end dates have moved forward/back by as much as 7-10 days in either direction, but the range has always been three weeks. It's also been at the current range for the last few days.

Pretty much. Ordered on 5/23 and my current window is 8/31-9/20. Those start and end dates have moved forward/back by as much as 7-10 days in either direction, but the range has always been three weeks. It's also been at the current range for the last few days.
yeah before it decided to settle into this pattern it was going crazy. I was going from 10-20 day shifts and had september and october dates as well. Definitely very cautiously optimistic about my current EDD window.

My EDD window seems to be stuck at 16 days and shifts a day forward, this pattern has happened for a few days now. @weebs11 or @javirey you experience this? It seems to want to be 12 days ahead of current.
Until I got my VIN, the dates fluctuated wildly.
Ordered on 05/22 and the first range was in Late July. Then it went to early August, and for a stretch of 4 days it went all the way to September.

Once the VIN was set the date was stable, It's really a black box trying to figure out how Tesla does things; so not sure why I was able to get a VIN but @weebs11 ordered a day after, and still has no VIN.

Thanks for the PPF info. I hadn't heard about this coming with the car. I've already looked into PPF and tinting. Is this something new?
The Tesla PPF is supposed to come with all new Model Ys. At least for those of us in the northern part of the US and those in Canada. If you’re planning on wrapping the entire car anyway , then you don’t need the Tesla PPF which only covers the corner of the rear doors.

Greetings IL folks.

First, this thread is hard to find. Apparently, IL orders/posters aren't that numerous so this is getting bumped down.

Ordered my MCRED on 5/27, no Vin yet. LR, Tow, B&W interior, AP basic.
I'll pick it up at 3200 Ogden Ave, Lisle, IL 60532 which is called Naperville Tesla even though it is in Lisle. I guess, they went with name location that is well known.

In any case, this is 9th week of waiting. My loan is on its 61 day so I have to re-apply. I don't see that option yet on my account, so can anybody advise how to proceed? Do I have to call my SA or this should appear eventually on my account page?

Reactions: jbomb
Greetings IL folks.

First, this thread is hard to find. Apparently, IL orders/posters aren't that numerous so this is getting bumped down.

Ordered my MCRED on 5/27, no Vin yet. LR, Tow, B&W interior, AP basic.
I'll pick it up at 3200 Ogden Ave, Lisle, IL 60532 which is called Naperville Tesla even though it is in Lisle. I guess, they went with name location that is well known.

In any case, this is 9th week of waiting. My loan is on its 61 day so I have to re-apply. I don't see that option yet on my account, so can anybody advise how to proceed? Do I have to call my SA or this should appear eventually on my account page?
Do you actually need to re-apply for the loan? I ordered on 5/23 and haven't had any requirement for that yet. Even if you do, I'd imagine at this point it's better to just wait until you actually get a VIN/delivery, rather than potentially go through this again since I assume it counts as a check against your credit report.

Do you actually need to re-apply for the loan? I ordered on 5/23 and haven't had any requirement for that yet. Even if you do, I'd imagine at this point it's better to just wait until you actually get a VIN/delivery, rather than potentially go through this again since I assume it counts as a check against your credit report.
That is what I am trying to find out for sure. I had asked my SA some weeks ago and he said that the loan approval is valid for 60 days. Past that, need to apply again.

That is what I am trying to find out for sure. I had asked my SA some weeks ago and he said that the loan approval is valid for 60 days. Past that, need to apply again.
this why i did the cash payment option to complete my profile and my SA (@ highland park) said he'll switch to tesla or 3rd party financing when I get a vin/ the car is definitely on the way. if I can find a better rate... currently 1.89% at BCU local to me here.

My edd window is getting smaller but still keeps pushing right. Now it's 8/14 - 8/28.

Ordered on 6/9 out of HP. M3LR White/White/19". Exchanged some texts with SA and he is telling me slim to get delivery in 30-60 days...wth.

I ordered as cash and will swap to finance once I get a vin or at least closer b/c I didn't want to run into the issue that some of you are dealing with regarding reapplying for a loan (which is what prompted my text yesterday).

Can someone PM me ref erral code?

My EDD just showed up again.

Ordered (downtown) 7/19 MYLR Blue/White with EDD of 9/17-9/30. Not really in a rush to get MY knowing that people have waited over 3 months. I'd rather take delivery next spring anyways, hoping for new door cards and headlight.

Reactions: GOVA