Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a cross-post but just in case:
Illinois folks who’ve picked up their car (or had it delivered)… Question for ya:
Does Tesla handle all the registration and license plate paperwork? Does the DMV mail you the plates and registration? How long does this take to get to you typically, if so?
I’m probably over-complicating things in my head but am I just… waiting for all that stuff? Feels weird to not have to jump through 11 hoops. TIA!

This is a cross-post but just in case:
Illinois folks who’ve picked up their car (or had it delivered)… Question for ya:
Does Tesla handle all the registration and license plate paperwork? Does the DMV mail you the plates and registration? How long does this take to get to you typically, if so?
I’m probably over-complicating things in my head but am I just… waiting for all that stuff? Feels weird to not have to jump through 11 hoops. TIA!
Got my plates and registration with sticker through 2022 about a month after getting my model Y. Tesla is supposed to handle everything.

Reactions: dfiz1
Ordered July 22 (MYLR, MSM, 5Seat, No tow, White Interior), got VIN Nov 2, Delivery yesterday (Nov 17) in Schaumburg. Went thru delivery inspection checklist, everything is perfect, like everything is in place properly, I'm a little surprised, to be honest :)
My order is 2+ months after you. But I’m still 8 months away from delivery. I expect that to change.