Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Illinois Waiting Room

This is a cross-post but just in case:
Illinois folks who’ve picked up their car (or had it delivered)… Question for ya:
Does Tesla handle all the registration and license plate paperwork? Does the DMV mail you the plates and registration? How long does this take to get to you typically, if so?
I’m probably over-complicating things in my head but am I just… waiting for all that stuff? Feels weird to not have to jump through 11 hoops. TIA!

This is a cross-post but just in case:
Illinois folks who’ve picked up their car (or had it delivered)… Question for ya:
Does Tesla handle all the registration and license plate paperwork? Does the DMV mail you the plates and registration? How long does this take to get to you typically, if so?
I’m probably over-complicating things in my head but am I just… waiting for all that stuff? Feels weird to not have to jump through 11 hoops. TIA!
Got my plates and registration with sticker through 2022 about a month after getting my model Y. Tesla is supposed to handle everything.

Reactions: dfiz1

down in a hole

MYLR5 W/W 19” TOW NO FSD OD:11/10 EDD: MarApr
Nov 2, 2018
ELMHURST, IL
Ordered July 22 (MYLR, MSM, 5Seat, No tow, White Interior), got VIN Nov 2, Delivery yesterday (Nov 17) in Schaumburg. Went thru delivery inspection checklist, everything is perfect, like everything is in place properly, I'm a little surprised, to be honest :)
My order is 2+ months after you. But I’m still 8 months away from delivery. I expect that to change.

BGOwner

OD:8/31|PD:11/1|MYLR5|MSM/BLK|19”|DD: 5/20
Nov 1, 2021
Buffalo Grove, Il
Ordered July 22 (MYLR, MSM, 5Seat, No tow, White Interior), got VIN Nov 2, Delivery yesterday (Nov 17) in Schaumburg. Went thru delivery inspection checklist, everything is perfect, like everything is in place properly, I'm a little surprised, to be honest :)
Congrats, got all your USB ports too? Heard that was an issue on a lot of cars.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC