Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious why does the Stage 2 requires Electrified Garage to do the install? What else is being done to the car that a user couldn't just do themselves with proper instructions rather than only being able to go to a single shop located in the far north east of the USA? I can't imagine they are doing anything that mechanically in depth beyond flashing the car. I think it would open up the possibility of a lot more buyers if Ingenext allowed the AWD to P mod something the end user could do - plus people not needing to go back to the same shop just to undo and get a new update. Ingenext are the ones behind it all so that would be the sensible path to further revenue.

Reactions: phantasms
I'm curious why does the Stage 2 requires Electrified Garage to do the install? What else is being done to the car that a user couldn't just do themselves with proper instructions rather than only being able to go to a single shop located in the far north east of the USA? I can't imagine they are doing anything that mechanically in depth beyond flashing the car. I think it would open up the possibility of a lot more buyers if Ingenext allowed the AWD to P mod something the end user could do - plus people not needing to go back to the same shop just to undo and get a new update. Ingenext are the ones behind it all so that would be the sensible path to further revenue.
supposed in order to do the other stage 2 it requires them to tap the can bus signal and actually go in and manually change the motor outputs which cannot be done with a dongle adapter for some reason. Makes sense they should be able to since thats exactly what stage 1 does is change the motor values.
Hopefully thats coming and they allow the stage 1 users to buy another boost. Fingers crossed.

supposed in order to do the other stage 2 it requires them to tap the can bus signal and actually go in and manually change the motor outputs which cannot be done with a dongle adapter for some reason. Makes sense they should be able to since thats exactly what stage 1 does is change the motor values.
Hopefully thats coming and they allow the stage 1 users to buy another boost. Fingers crossed.

My guess is either a fuse or the device to block communication from Tesla which would be proprietary. That’s flash would most likely be instant like the module.

Can Tesla legally block this from working? They could revoke powertrain warranty, I would understand that, but they can't block you from making changes to the car you own, right?

You have the right (Tesla can't stop you) to alter your vehicle. However, they can void the powertrain warranty and they can stop you from using their charging network. Currently in the US, the Model 3 can only DC charge at Tesla Superchargers, with the exception of a few EVGO locations. Removing the ability to DC charge significantly reduces the cars value. If mods are made to the vehicle to spoof the identity, possibly allowing DC charging at a Supercharger, that would likely be considered theft.

There might be court cases in the next year or two, especially with Tesla disabling fast charging on cars with a salvage title. It's hard to predict exactly what will happen.

Reactions: MagnusMako
Can Tesla legally block this from working? They could revoke powertrain warranty, I would understand that, but they can't block you from making changes to the car you own, right?

My guess is that they could say that the vehicle fails the self-test and refuse to allow you to drive it. (Service required error message.) As it is not operating as designed/commanded.

Who knows if they will actually do that or not.

It really isn't much different than the third parties having to crack the ECUs of every new ICE vehicle. The difference being is that the ICE vehicles don't have OTAs to detect and block the hacks. (They only get updates when you take the to the dealers.)

• Informative
Reactions: TheThrill19

Making changes? No.

But they can tell the car "If commands being sent are not being executed correctly by the motors there is a serious safety issue- go into LIMP mode" and now your car drives like it has a SUPER CHILL mode 100% of the time till you bring it in for service.

Which nerfs this mod entirely as a TOTAL COINCIDENCE.

Or they could just encrypt the canbus traffic, or do any number of other things to essentially make this worthless/not worth buying.

They can't stop you from physically attaching something- but they're not required to insure it works with their own systems after all.

I haven't personally heard of car manufacturers trying to make a case to get out of a warranty repair due to a modification..

I have, FWIW (on a heavily modified american muscle car)- though as soon as I said the words magnuson moss they shut up about it because the repair was very very obviously totally unrelated to the mods

Yet only on the 980 motor...

Those mods are software hack. They are not improving anything, but just yanking safe/purchased parameters to unsafe/unpaid levels.

Part of Performance version cost is increased warranty cost for Tesla on power train and battery. This mod is stealing money from Tesla.

If Tesla won't go legal over it - it will one day make it all non functional. And before that they just might do it in a way that mod will be crippling MCU and would require paid MCU reflash. At any price they will choose as reasonable consumer punishment to make strong enough precedent preventing future attempts like that.

If you are willing to abandon superchargers, warranty and develop all code from the scratch without using any of Tesla code - you should be able to do it legally. Except you might have to abandon use of proprietary patent protected hardware that comes with own requirement for code development that uses it, so make your own MCU...

Most ICE MCUs were hacked for tuning. Everything hackable. But it's possible to make 3rd party chip-tuning business unsustainable for particular vendor. Especially the one that already makes business of own chip-tuning.

Tesla will lower the price to entice more potential aftermarket mod buyers.

This or Tesla boost upgrade is a must for anyone who enjoys hard acceleration.
At 3.9 sec, it is faster than 911 Carrera. Wow! I am driving my dream car now!

Current 2WD Carrera base with Sport Chrono does 0-60 in 3.8 and 1/4mile in 11s. According to manufacturer.

And like virtually every Porsche ever, it instrument tests faster than the manufacturer numbers.

Current 2WD Carrera base with Sport Chrono does 0-60 in 3.8 and 1/4mile in 11s. According to manufacturer.

And like virtually every Porsche ever, it instrument tests faster than the manufacturer numbers.
I see this on the official website. Mine is
father than that one!
B8DDB962-8B93-41FB-8D81-1543673A505A.jpeg

Last edited:
They could

They should lower the cost, but then ppl may start flooring it too much and more cars may ruin their RDU like I managed to under warranty...

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim