Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys , just about to destroy my hands, any additional install tips havevrhevtime helpful bstuff here. , any body go a diagram of the extension cable that has been suggested.
Plan to use it for auto cross, is there a way to keep , Abs and Regen but loose the nanny stuff?
Thanjs

Hi guys , just about to destroy my hands, any additional install tips havevrhevtime helpful bstuff here. , any body go a diagram of the extension cable that has been suggested.
Plan to use it for auto cross, is there a way to keep , Abs and Regen but loose the nanny stuff?
Thanjs
You can try to remove the glove box.

Do you have large hands? I have had to take mine in and out at least a dozen times, it's a bit annoying, but really dont have much trouble at all doing it. For reference I wear medium sized gloves, so I do think my hands are on the smaller side for an adult male.

Do you have large hands? I have had to take mine in and out at least a dozen times, it's a bit annoying, but really dont have much trouble at all doing it. For reference I wear medium sized gloves, so I do think my hands are on the smaller side for an adult male.
I had a LOT of trouble putting mine in. ;)

In all seriousness, it was surprisingly difficult, even with prebending and stuff.

Oh boy, well this will make you laugh but I am 78. Have stripped out front suspension a few times, even adjusting could overs is a bit tricky. Due to replace front drive shafts hopefully the week after next. So it's upside down under the glove box, ha thanks will keep you posted at least it will provide a laugh.

Oh boy, well this will make you laugh but I am 78. Have stripped out front suspension a few times, even adjusting could overs is a bit tricky. Due to replace front drive shafts hopefully the week after next. So it's upside down under the glove box, ha thanks will keep you posted at least it will provide a laugh.
It wasn't that easy for me even bending the wire 90degs. Ingenext came out with instructions on removing the glove box. I think if I need to do it again, I'll go this route. Quick write up on it if that will help.

The Ghost upgrade does have lap mode kind of like track mode. I haven't had much luck with moving the sliders around making any difference.

For me:

Removal: Just press on the tab of the connector with one finger and then pull the wire harness before the connector and it should slide out.
Insertion: I usually just have to touch one face of the four (square) against the respective female face and am able to use that as a pivot point to get the rest of the connector in, once that happens it's fairly easy to slide the rest of the way in.

Havent had to remove glove box or do any wire pre-bending.

Reactions: Korchva
It wasn't that easy for me even bending the wire 90degs. Ingenext came out with instructions on removing the glove box. I think if I need to do it again, I'll go this route. Quick write up on it if that will help.

The Ghost upgrade does have lap mode kind of like track mode. I haven't had much luck with moving the sliders around making any difference.

Thanks think I will go the glove box removal route.

i saw this too, are they talking about regen in the ingenext app?
5CE10CD7-6FA3-46FE-801E-8831977F39B2.png

This is a boost 50. What regen feature are they talking about?

i saw this too, are they talking about regen in the ingenext app?
Yes, there is a regen toggle in the later firmware versions of the Boost modules to bring back Regen options since Tesla removed it from recent Model 3 builds. That option is still available for older builds stock, so a lot of people don't actually need to use the feature. If your module doesn't have the option, it probably hasn't been updated since they added that feature.

Last edited: