Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
remove your "ghost" module from the car and then plug it into your computer. Open the update in the email they send you, load it into the module and plug it back into the car. Everything is explained in their email
To be clear, it isn't removing the ghost harness itself, but only one of the little OBD2 looking boxes that's hanging off the harness. I've never needed to do it...yet.

Reactions: coolmanfever
Boost module has one more saving feature you might not have realized.
My 3 glitched out last week at a mall parking lot. When I pulled in, I realized the turn signal sound was not turning off even though I had cancelled them.
Even after I parked, they were still going off.
I ran my errands and came back out to my car still on. (HVAC, unlocked...) and signal sounds still going.
I tried to turn off the vehicle through the infotainment. Tried resetting computer with the two wheels. Nothing.
After first shut down, the screen would stay black except when the door was open.
Tesla roadside just asked me to do those two resets. Car would drive but in a limp mode, could barely get up to speed in the parking lot.
Roadside ended up ordering a tow.

Then I realized the boost module has a hard reset. Went into the app, hard reset and everything was good after a cycle.
I will not forget that is an option after this. I was even contemplating just disconnecting the 12v to force a reset.

Once I found a Windows machine, updating the Ghost Module went smoothly according to the directions they sent. It was very simple compared to the original installation. I removed the 4 pins/cover, fished around for the harness, unplugged the Ghost Module (not the Nice Try Module), plugged it into the computer to update and then put everything back together. I had to try a few USB ports to find one that played nicely but that was the only complication I had. Now that I know how simple it is, I won't hesitate for as long as I did. But hopefully it isn't needed that often.

The Tesla firmware update was straightforward and I'm on 2023.2.12 now.

Anyone know if FSD beta 11.3.6 (2022.45.15) is safe with the ingenext module? Just want to confirm before installing the module but do not see this firmware on ingenext safe firmware page. Can anyone confirm?
AECAB5E4-9B23-4D24-BDB0-520B332AB72D.jpeg

2023.6.8 safe anyone know?
The Ingenext Safe Tesla Updates page currently says:
  • 2023.6.11 Safe with the Nice try module installed
This means that 2023.6.8 is safe.
Anyone know if FSD beta 11.3.6 (2022.45.15) is safe with the ingenext module? Just want to confirm before installing the module but do not see this firmware on ingenext safe firmware page. Can anyone confirm?
This is good question and worth emailing Ingenext and posting their response here.

@Mateo459 If you are not seeing the emails for updates, check your spam folder.

If you are having issues with the updater not seeing the dongle, run as and administrator

Has anybody played around with the new RWD mode? I'm curious if this can be used on road trips to get an extra couple miles of range out of the car. RWD LR cars are supposed to be something like ~5% more efficient that the Dual Motor equivalent.