Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone notifications stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed the start/stop charge notifications missing on Android - V4 loaded from the play store.
However a supercharge session done yesterday afternoon at Park Royal did send a warning notification about "disconnect soon or idle fees will apply".
So something's working but not everything :(

I’m beginning to sense that it’s a global problem in the U.K.

if I was a betting man, I would say that vehicles toggle for notifications has not been properly implemented.

neither current nor choice of one or more works.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

for those of us with one vehicle, uncheck current vehicle, and touch the ’1’. That takes you to new screen with your vehicle on it which will be unchecked. Check it.
that might be the cure. I’m not charging so can’t tell.

oddly, returning to the settings screen now shows ‘2’ vehicles!

as a footnote. My wife’s phone and iPad uses my credentials and shows only 1 vehicle even though it is checked on the second screen. I give up!

Last edited:
Mine have stopped too.
the same is also happening with Android so not confined to iOS
Yep, since a few days ago (??) - e.g. supercharged on Saturday morning - Android has stopped sending notifications. Approached the car today, switched on climate, which triggered the alarm (that's a separate issue!) - nothing only phone, and we were only twenty yards away from it. ;-) Tried reinstalling, etc., and checked settings, but still not working. (Two different phones too.)

IMPORTANT UPDATE

for those of us with one vehicle, uncheck current vehicle, and touch the ’1’. That takes you to new screen with your vehicle on it which will be unchecked. Check it.

Thanks. Just tried that: switched on start charging notification; stopped and then restarted charging. Didn't appear to work (perhaps app needed rebooting at that stage?). At least only '1' vehicle shown, though. ;-)

I’m beginning to sense that it’s a global problem in the U.K.

if I was a betting man, I would say that vehicles toggle for notifications has not been properly implemented.

neither current nor choice of one or more works.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

as a footnote. My wife’s phone and iPad uses my credentials and shows only 1 vehicle even though it is checked on the second screen. I give up!
I’ve got down to one vehicle. Perhaps because my has Powerwalls, I needed to start with car section open and check the boxes from there.

Not sure if this is anything to do with it but about 10 days ago I got a notification of a software update.

When I went to the car the next morning the software update and notification were nowhere to be seen. Since then the software notification update has never returned. That’s never happened to me before.

Same here, no notifications at all. Done the normal delete app, reinstall and sign in but that has not rectified it.
I’m on IOS 14.7.1 and the software version of the car is 2021.24.4
I’m failing to get notifications on IOS 14.7.1 and car software version 12.25.7 so I suspect it’s more to do with the system that generates and sends the notifications rather than issues with Android / IOS or car software version

Mine have stopped too, spontaneously, which makes me think I've not done anything wrong. I haven't changed anything regarding my phone in recent weeks. I did update to 2021.24.4 recently, but I'm pretty sure my ranger visit was after that and I saw a "Multiple doors left open" one during that visit.

EDIT: iPhone

Last edited:
As i mentioned mine just randomly stopped at some point over the weekend after working fine since i got the car 3 weeks ago, granted with my fiddling yesterday trying to get it to work i've probably broken it now :D

My car is on 2021.24.4 and my phone is iOS 14.7.1 but with a few reports now seems to be a Tesla server side issue rather than our side.

I did try to book it in hopefully for someone to remote in to look at it, but it would only give me the option of taking it into a service centre which is a bit excessive

I recently spoke to a service technician. Apparently some 'systems' are currently migrating from US to Europe and its causing a few 'issues'. Things are behaving differently (my take = 'worse') to this time last week. It may possibly be related to that. But definitely a significant change to Tesla backend systems currently underway so all bets are off on anything working faultlessly.

I recently spoke to a service technician. Apparently some 'systems' are currently migrating from US to Europe and its causing a few 'issues'. Things are behaving differently (my take = 'worse') to this time last week. It may possibly be related to that. But definitely a significant change to Tesla backend systems currently underway so all bets are off on anything working faultlessly.
Maybe the backend changes(including the token ones which seem to have borked teslfi/teslamate) are to allow the superchargers to be opened up and used via the app. If I recall, Elon said the way it'll work is someone will roll up at a SuC, and using the app select the stall and then start a charge. Hard to see how this would work without a backend change.