Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I thought I'd add my experience with the IRO dashcam. I struggled for more than a week trying to get luckycam to work with mine. Eventually I contacted the vendor and they suggested trying the app YOUMERA. I installed it and it works. Note if you have trouble seeing the dashcam after connecting via WiFi, try to turn off the cellular data and see if that works for you.

The install package I got actually comes with QR code to install luckycam.

is the iro cam much better picture than the built in teslacam?
necessary to have both?
Yes in my opinion.
Also audio included.
However Depends on your intended utility. If it’s strictly for potential evidence in case of an accident then maybe not as critical. If you’re using it to capture interesting footage... then it’s definitely better.
Judge for yourself.
23 videos in this playlist
IRO Dashcam Footage
IRO Dashcam Footage - YouTube

Would this work for AP0 (pre-AP) Tesla?
I highly doubt it - in fact this version only works with AP2. They did you have another version for AP2. I suggest you contact seller to find out if they have a version that would work with pre-AP cars. Communication can be a challenge… English to Chinese translation can get a bit confusing

FYI,
Only comes with a 16 gig card.
I picked up a 2 pack of 64 gig at Costco ~$50
Had to reformat to Fat 32 on my Mac with Disk Utility.

View attachment 247173
I would recommend going with MLO/high endurance/pro endurance SD card as they have much longer life. All these cards have limited times you can write to it and the high endurance versions have much more write times than the regular ones.

I swapped out the 16GB class 10 microsd card with a Samsung high endurance 128GB u3 card and it beeps 8 times on startup and randomly. I go check the videos and the clips are of random lengths and size. I put back the 16 GB card and it does not behave abnormally anymore. Anyone with similar issues? I think it stops recording the current file everytime it beeps.

I swapped out the 16GB class 10 microsd card with a Samsung high endurance 128GB u3 card and it beeps 8 times on startup and randomly. I go check the videos and the clips are of random lengths and size. I put back the 16 GB card and it does not behave abnormally anymore. Anyone with similar issues? I think it stops recording the current file everytime it beeps.

Ive got the Evo Select card. Take the card out and reformat it and start from scratch. Also reconfigure you’re video settings on the dash cam. It’s beeping to let you know you’ve hit a limit.

Couple of potentials:
1) Allow longer video lengths
2) Make sure the files are set to overwrite instead of locking.

There was a couple more too but it’s been a while since I went into mine. But it did the same thing and I had to futz with the configuration of how I was storing.