Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Tesla still giving out the FSD beta to qualified drivers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Certainly not, but it does certainly put a pin in the statement that ‘nobody in the US has received the update since December.’
And no, I don’t use TeslaFi or any other third party programs.

TeslaFi and sites like TMC only give a sample of the drivers/cars. We assume it‘s a representative sample but it may or may not be and there will be a margin of error. Yours is the first report I’ve seen of a new U.S. enrollment in quite some time. Only Tesla knows exactly how many people are enrolled and if new invitations are going out but based on what we’ve seen I think it’s safe to say if they are adding new cars, there are very few.

Reactions: wknickless
on 4/29, Elon, in response to "when is fsd beta update coming", tweeted "Update probably goes to wide release next week. This is a big one." He then clarified "No, I meant wide release to high safety score beta participants. Going to all beta participants is expected later this year" So it appears that many of us with a high safety score ( 99-100 and possibly lower) should get FSD beta next week.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Elon tweeted yesterday (4/29) that a wide release of a new fsd beta version is coming to all high safety score participants next week. Fingers crossed ! All participants regardless of safety score should get FSD beta later this year.
Not sure he said “all”. But fingers crossed.

1651359916877.png

1651359994906.png

Elon tweeted yesterday (4/29) that a wide release of a new fsd beta version is probably coming to all high safety score participants next week.
what does he mean by 'all high safety score participants?' To my knowledge after you're in the FSD Beta program you no longer have a safety score. Did he mean there's a new FSD version coming out to FSD beta participants or that they are going to enroll new participants with a high safety score?

what does he mean by 'all high safety score participants?' To my knowledge after you're in the FSD Beta program you no longer have a safety score. Did he mean there's a new FSD version coming out to FSD beta participants or that they are going to enroll new participants with a high safety score?
Always hard to decode Elons short tweets. My guess is more beta users based on score.

He is talking about admitting new fsd beta users into the program with a high safety score. They will receive a new fsd beta update.

He is talking about admitting new fsd beta users into the program with a high safety score. They will receive a new fsd beta update.
I didn't see the actual tweets that @Robotpedlr posted earlier. Not sure how to interpret those. The way I read it, "High safety score participants" means the people who are participating because they have a high safety score, not necessarily that they are admitting new people but it's really unclear.

Oh and 'next week' in Elon-speak means sometime in the next 3 months.

it's ambiguous, so we'll all have to wait and see. One interpretation implies that Tesla are ranking the existing beta participants based on the safety score when they were enrolled (hence the "all high safety score participants"). Another (which might be supported by the timeframe "later this year") is that "high safety score participants" is just his way of saying "current beta testers" and that "all beta participants" means "future enrolled beta participants". It's a fools game really trying to second guess the future from Elon's comments .. my

Finally good news for Tesla owners trying to get into the FSD beta program !

from D Burkland (on 5/14)
Any love with FSD beta 10.12 release for US folks with safety score above 98? Many of us have been waiting months to be added to the program
@elonmusk

Elon replying to
@DBurkland
Team is working the weekend to get 10.12 in limited release tomorrow. Then we evaluate, do a point update, and broaden the release. 10.12.2 is probably where we can expand to a safety score of 95+.

So we can expect a limited release of 10.12 on Sunday, 5/15 and a wide release to NEW US beta testers with a safety score of 95+ within a month or two.

Finally good news for Tesla owners trying to get into the FSD beta program !

from D Burkland (on 5/14)
Any love with FSD beta 10.12 release for US folks with safety score above 98? Many of us have been waiting months to be added to the program
@elonmusk

Elon replying to
@DBurkland
Team is working the weekend to get 10.12 in limited release tomorrow. Then we evaluate, do a point update, and broaden the release. 10.12.2 is probably where we can expand to a safety score of 95+.

So we can expect a limited release of 10.12 on Sunday, 5/15 and a wide release to NEW US beta testers with a safety score of 95+ within a month or two.

“Two weeks”

Reactions: XLAX
FWIW, I got in this week! I purchased in March and was at a 98 Safety Score when the car got the update. now on to stressfully babysitting my car as it tries to navigate my city!
Congratulations .. now remember that phrase "Be careful what you ask for.." :) .. You will find FSDbeta a mix of elation, surprise and frustration, but treat it like a student driver and all should be fine.