Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack up the fees please!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, they can't cancel my supercharging. And tell me again how I am abusing the system. Not 1 "traveler" has ever waited while I charge locally. Sounds like your just a whiny Bay Area person looking for a reason to be offended. I thought Trump provided enough of that for you.

Actually they can. It's been explained to you many different times and ways how your abusing the system so going through it again is a waste.

The Bay Area comment crap, is just that, crap but I wouldn't expect anything less coming from a person like you.

Jeff

IMG_0144.JPG Here's my charger. Doesn't get much use

No, you really don't. You can't possibly know what's going on when you leave your car to grab food or whatever else it is you do while your stealing electricity from Tesla.

Jeff

Yes i do, only the McDonalds is not within view and like I said, the most I have ever witnessed is six stalls. Sorry you cant believe this because you need attendants in the Bay Area due to demand, we don't have that demand. We are supercharger rich in my area. 4 within 60 miles and not that many Tesla here. I think the restaurants are near the SC for a reason, People with discretionary money with time to wait are rolling in all the time.

While I haven't had a problem with this yet, it was quite common for me to get home from work (100 mile round-trip) then pack the car to head to the lake house 125 miles away on a Friday afternoon. In my case, there is a Supercharger about 50miles from my house on the way where I could stop and have supper.
That is perfect scenario... prior posts were suggesting that you would then should pay large premium (4x) since it is fairly close to the house...

I don't understand your scenario. How often does someone drive around town all day and then head out of town, not having time to charge their car at home? Seems uncommon to me. Even If it happens, for most trips the supercharger stop would be on their way, not at the start of their trip.

Sounds like driving an EV isn't a priority for you

The SC "on the way" would be less than 100 miles, and why would I want to pay an inflated rate for that...

What does this have to do with my priorities about driving an EV? I just want them to deliver as they advertise.

I've posted this before when peak hyperbole is reached on the intent of Superchargers ONLY for long distance travel:

ELON MUSK:

We’re putting Superchargers in cities, not just between cities. And this is obviously important in places like, you know, Beijing, Shanghai, London, San Francisco, New York, where at times people may have a challenge with having a fixed parking space. It’s more like some of those people don’t have a definitive parking space. And they might have street parking or something, you know. London is particularly tricky one; where there’s – it’s got lot of high-end neighborhoods just have street parking.

You can charge at home, but choose not to. I can't change at home (yet). When I can, I don't plan to use the local supercharger (unless I need a quick turnaround). See the difference?

Ok, my last post
You can charge at home, but choose not to. I can't change at home (yet). When I can, I don't plan to use the local supercharger (unless I need a quick turnaround). See the difference?

Ok, you live in Madera and the largest shopping restaurant area is in Fresno 15 to 25 miles from you house depending on where you go. The supercharger is 15 miles from your home and perfectly on the way from anywhere you might be in Fresno. I assume you enjoy a latte or even eat lunch at places like Five Guys, Panda Express, Pieology, Subway, and many more restaurants. You Tesla is at 50 miles of range, easy enough to get home. You stop at Five Guys for a hamburger, but you wouldn't charge your car, but instead park nearer to the restaurant? No offense, but I don't believe you. Just for the record, I have never driven to the Supercharger to charge, but im in the area enough to utilize it for 90 of my local charging. I laugh at the term Free Charging, because I probably spend more money charging than I ever did with gasoline. Many times I drop the wife off at the clothing stores in the lot and I go charge. She walks to the charger when the phone app states its near completion. My comment to you was just to illustrate the hypocrisy in this thread. If i live in an apartment with no charging availability or if I bought a car without installing a 14-50 its ok to charge locally? By the way, My Tesla came with an adapter to charge from a 120 Volt household circuit. You can always charge with that at your home. Or get an extension cord from a dryer or some other source. Or you can just use the Supercharger, its your choice.

jchag said:
Sorry, they can't cancel my supercharging.

Actually they can.
Jeff

Care to explain? I know about the "infamous" letters a few years back (apparently sent without rhyme or reason whether people were using SCs or not), but I'm not aware that anything came of them. Are you aware of any examples of SC privileges being removed for anyone for any reason?

While I certainly disagree with how jchag is getting his point across, I don't see the harm in a local using an empty or nearly empty SC. There is only one within an hour of me in any direction and that one is always empty (like, literally, no cars at least 75% of the time I drive by). It's not very convenient to me - such that I wouldn't consider it "local" - but I have used it (including the first day I got the car, just to try it out).

I don't understand the vitriol being spewed by both sides of this issue. It sounds like Congress and not a bunch of people talking about all the benefits of EVs.

jchag said:
Sorry, they can't cancel my supercharging.

Care to explain? I know about the "infamous" letters a few years back (apparently sent without rhyme or reason whether people were using SCs or not), but I'm not aware that anything came of them. Are you aware of any examples of SC privileges being removed for anyone for any reason?

While I certainly disagree with how jchag is getting his point across, I don't see the harm in a local using an empty or nearly empty SC. There is only one within an hour of me in any direction and that one is always empty (like, literally, no cars at least 75% of the time I drive by). It's not very convenient to me - such that I wouldn't consider it "local" - but I have used it (including the first day I got the car, just to try it out).

I don't understand the vitriol being spewed by both sides of this issue. It sounds like Congress and not a bunch of people talking about all the benefits of EVs.

I agree and I'm done. Thanks for the common sense

I agree with other posters that I would like to see Tesla charging for electricity for Everyone within 50 to 100 miles of your home. We have the technology, we can do it!!

While it would be hard to change the "contract" with existing owners for lifetime free supercharging, I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. In fact, I had hoped Tesla would do something like this going forward for new S and X owners and keep superchargers further afield free for road trips. Maybe Model 3 owners would have to pay for all use, but I had hoped the "premium" vehicles might have had at least this small perk.

That is perfect scenario... prior posts were suggesting that you would then should pay large premium (4x) since it is fairly close to the house...

Yes, I am shooting myself in the foot with my comment above (if I were to buy a new Tesla), but I still like the idea of a fee for "local" superchargers even if it is high. For the odd time I'd need it, it would likely be an "emergency" and I'd be happy to have the fast juice at any price.

I've posted this before when peak hyperbole is reached on the intent of Superchargers ONLY for long distance travel:

ELON MUSK:

We’re putting Superchargers in cities, not just between cities. And this is obviously important in places like, you know, Beijing, Shanghai, London, San Francisco, New York, where at times people may have a challenge with having a fixed parking space. It’s more like some of those people don’t have a definitive parking space. And they might have street parking or something, you know. London is particularly tricky one; where there’s – it’s got lot of high-end neighborhoods just have street parking.
We're all aware that Tesla has placed superchargers in cities where there is a high density of owners (or potential owners) who are unable to charge at home. That's different than the discussion here, in which an owner has a HPWC in his garage but routinely uses a nearby supercharger instead.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
I agree and I'm done. Thanks for the common sense

You can be done all you want but that doesn't change your ridiculous behavior. Common sense would be to charge at home and not be wasting your time sitting at a McDonalds because you're too cheap to follow the spirit of the system. Then you have the nerve to post a picture of your HPWC as some sort of juvenile taunt at the rest of us who actually understand what the network is for and how to use it.

Tesla can modify it's supercharging policy anytime it wants and there will come a time, and we've already started down this road, where abusing your SC privileges is going to get very expensive. As I've said many, many times in other threads. If you can't/won't charge at home then don't buy the car. With the Model 3 coming online soon SC congestion is going to get a lot more attention...

Me personally, I see people like you as thieves. Nothing more than a common thief. You're stealing electricity from essentially all of us who paid for the functionality for, and again since you don't get it, Long Distance Travel.

Jeff

Reactions: CSFTN
I have to admit, that one was bad. Still I don't understand the complaints of local supercharging when stalls are always available

I think in your case its not ideal but definitely dont see a problem. If the charger where always packed and you then used to always charge then I would say your a chump. Otherwise, I hear you. In my area its the same where there are always stalls available (Use them once in a while if i need a quick charge). They are becoming more heavily used in the city which then I know people are dicks and leaving their cars there while they head to work. That I do not agree with.

I think in your case its not ideal but definitely dont see a problem. If the charger where always packed and you then used to always charge then I would say your a chump. Otherwise, I hear you. In my area its the same where there are always stalls available (Use them once in a while if i need a quick charge). They are becoming more heavily used in the city which then I know people are dicks and leaving their cars there while they head to work. That I do not agree with.

There's no difference between using your local SC to replace home charging when you can charge at home versus parking your car at a local SC and going to work. They are exactly the same thing. So why are you okay with one but have a problem with other? Because one of them inconveniences you more?

Jeff

No. because if the stalls are free with no one around them, then I dont see the big deal with getting some charge at the SC if your local. I dont do it often, but cant say I have never done it. But again, I think we are in different situations than you guys living in CA where its a joke and people just charge at the SC regularly.