Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack up the fees please!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. because if the stalls are free with no one around them, then I dont see the big deal with getting some charge at the SC if your local.

In fact, Tesla has said they will only impose idle fees if the station is more than 50% full. Here is the quote from the Tesla FAQ:

Do idle fees apply if there are Supercharger spots still available?
Idle fees apply to any car occupying a Supercharger if the station is at least 50% full once the charge session is complete.

Last edited:
I've posted this before when peak hyperbole is reached on the intent of Superchargers ONLY for long distance travel:

ELON MUSK:

We’re putting Superchargers in cities, not just between cities. And this is obviously important in places like, you know, Beijing, Shanghai, London, San Francisco, New York, where at times people may have a challenge with having a fixed parking space. It’s more like some of those people don’t have a definitive parking space. And they might have street parking or something, you know. London is particularly tricky one; where there’s – it’s got lot of high-end neighborhoods just have street parking.
Yet the lutz in question has a parking space and a HPWC in his garage. He's just too cheap to pay for his own electricity. And then he has the gall to claim other Tesla owners are "cheap."
Yes, "lutz" is too kind a word for this person, but I'll let it go...

Just for the record, I have never driven to the Supercharger to charge, but im in the area enough to utilize it for 90 of my local charging. I laugh at the term Free Charging, because I probably spend more money charging than I ever did with gasoline.
I smell some Harris Ranch ******. If you use it for 90% of your local charging, please explain how you are now spending more on electricity for 10% of your Tesla usage? Or, did you steal the gasoline before?

Last edited by a moderator:
I smell some Harris Ranch *******. If you use it for 90% of your local charging, please explain how you are now spending more on electricity for 10% of your Tesla usage? Or, did you steal the gasoline before?

I spend money while supercharging. Funny all you perfect people want to call me names, yet none of you know me and none of you would ever do it in person. Just keep hiding behind your anonymity on the internet. I won't tell you few what I think of you, but if you are ever in the Central Valley I will meet you at Starbucks and debate this all day long, because your wrong and probably Jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted this before when peak hyperbole is reached on the intent of Superchargers ONLY for long distance travel:

ELON MUSK:

We’re putting Superchargers in cities, not just between cities. And this is obviously important in places like, you know, Beijing, Shanghai, London, San Francisco, New York, where at times people may have a challenge with having a fixed parking space. It’s more like some of those people don’t have a definitive parking space. And they might have street parking or something, you know. London is particularly tricky one; where there’s – it’s got lot of high-end neighborhoods just have street parking.
I don't see Santa Monica or Madera on that list. I don't even see LA on that list. In fact, he only listed the most densely populated cities of the wealthy world in the quote. Cities where almost no one lives in a house with a garage and the majority live in high density housing like apartment complexes.

Last edited:
This thread started with a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations regarding "locals". But whenever I've asked for evidence that a particular charging car is a "locals", there is NEVER any substance other than California plates.

Or not in the car.

Or someone is in the car.

It's a fun game, but we see what we want to see. Or what we expect to see.

Color me unimpressed with the level of observation or the quality of the attendant conclusions.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I really didn't think I would say anything to defend this jchag person, especially as I am a prospective Model 3 owner who does at least 95 percent of his driving locally and will therefor hardly ever get to see an SC in person (especially as we don't have any SCs in close enough proximity anyway), but one thing really bugs me in this discussion. And that is comments about "abusing" the system, or "the spirit" of the system. Sure, SCs are mainly intended for making long distance BEV travel easier. But for someone who has paid for a car with the highly advertised "free supercharging for life" and who is using that priviledge at an SC with lots of empty stalls, so not hindering anyone else, why is that "abusing" the system, or "stealing electrons from Tesla"?

Even though that specific user might be as sympathetic as your newly elected "Grabber-in-chief" to the majority of people, I can understand his basic reasoning.

This thread started with a bunch of unsubstantiated accusations regarding "locals". But whenever I've asked for evidence that a particular charging car is a "locals", there is NEVER any substance other than California plates.

Or not in the car.

Or someone is in the car.

It's a fun game, but we see what we want to see. Or what we expect to see.

Color me unimpressed with the level of observation or the quality of the attendant conclusions.
Sometimes something is obvious. There's a look to a car (particularly an S at rear end) that's on a road trip. There's a look to people who step out of a car after 100+ mile drive. There's a way people dress for a long drive vs a jaunt to the mall. There's getting out of the car with 3 Trader Joe's bags already in your hand vs rummaging around for them in the frunk. I'm not Sherlock Holmes. But watching 10 carloads come or go, it did not take huge deduction skills. Particularly at a supercharger that I've been to quite a few times and shows a different character on a Sunday afternoon. Regardless, I may take you up on your challenge and go out there with a clipboard sometime. But probably not... there's a lot to do around here. :)

troll
trōl/
noun
plural noun: trolls
  1. a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
    • informal
      a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting.
  2. a line or bait used in trolling for fish.
verb
3rd person present: trolls
  1. informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
  2. fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
    "we trolled for mackerel"
    • carefully and systematically search an area for something.
      "a group of companies trolling for partnership opportunities"

And this affliction has an easy remedy:

upload_2017-2-2_9-42-53.png

Sometimes something is obvious. There's a look to a car (particularly an S at rear end) that's on a road trip. There's a look to people who step out of a car after 100+ mile drive. There's a way people dress for a long drive vs a jaunt to the mall. There's getting out of the car with 3 Trader Joe's bags already in your hand vs rummaging around for them in the frunk. I'm not Sherlock Holmes. But watching 10 carloads come or go, it did not take huge deduction skills. Particularly at a supercharger that I've been to quite a few times and shows a different character on a Sunday afternoon. Regardless, I may take you up on your challenge and go out there with a clipboard sometime. But probably not... there's a lot to do around here. :)

Dude. You come blasting, you better come proper.

1. California cars don't get the road dirt in 100 miles.

2. The look of people with shopping bags is silly. I put my shopping bags in the same place in my car when I drive to Virginia or to Denver.

3. A few months ago, I stayed a weekend in Oxnard looking at real estate in Ventura and had to use Oxnard Supercharger twice. Once we walked briskly to H&M, once shopped and had lunch at Whole Paycheck. By your logic, I must be a freeloading local.

4. It takes more than "deduction skills". It requires EVIDENCE. Please provide any.

Thanks

P.S. Supercharger lines ≠ locals. See Tejon, Harris Ranch and Barstow as remote busy Superchargers.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Dude. You come blasting, you better come proper.

1. California cars don't get the road dirt in 100 miles.

2. The look of people with shopping bags is silly. I put my shopping bags in the same place in my car when I drive to Virginia or to Denver.

3. A few months ago, I stayed a weekend in Oxnard looking at real estate in Ventura and had to use Oxnard Supercharger twice. Once we walked briskly to H&M, once shopped and had lunch at Whole Paycheck. By your logic, I must be a freeloading local.

4. It takes more than "deduction skills". It requires EVIDENCE. Please provide any.

Thanks

Hold on a sec. NO. I won't. Just cannot go back to that point in time with a clipboard, my time machine is not working. OK for you to say you disagree with my assertions... your right. Over and out.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam