Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-PACE vs TM3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i-Pace notes:

Dealer order sheets will not be sent until June, however, you will be able to custom order with a $1000 retainer at that time.
The MSRP is 'set in stone' at this point.
$70,495 for Black or White iPace S base AWD performance cars.
There is an SE trim and HSE trim in the middle.
$86,895 for First Edition in Photon Red which is pretty much maxed out.

All 4 variants will be available for order from Day One. Dealer inventory is another subject.
Self-steering option like AutoPilot will be offered, you must keep your hands on. ACC/LKA/High Speed AEB comes on SE/HSE/FE variants as standard, $3000 for S variant.
Realistic deliveries will start in Q4.
Basic Black and Basic White are free.
7 premium metallic colors will be $595, 2 super-premium pearl colors are $1,175. First Edition color is included.
12 colors.

For the iPace S 90 kWh AWD with high speed forward braking, 360° view, self-steering, ACC will start at $74,580 including destination and AWD.

For a Model 3 75kWh AWD?
$49000 base
$1000 dest
$1000 white
$5000 AWD
$5000 high speed braking, self-steering, ACC.

$61,000

So the Model 3 is significantly cheaper, and for existing Model S/X/R owners it will probably arrive sooner. For normal buyers, the difference could be less due to the tax credit, and the delivery could be longer.

NEW ALL-ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE $69,500.00
I-PACE SEV400 BASE
CONFIGURED OPTIONS TOTAL
$4,085.00
Delivery and Destination Charge
$995.00
$74,580.00
GRAND TOTAL
DETAILED SUMMARY
YOUR BUILD
EXTERIOR $0.00
Fuji White $0.00
18" 15 spoke 'Style 1022' $0.00
Fixed panoramic roof $ 0.00
Privacy glass $ 0.00
Chrome side window surround $ 0.00
LED headlights $ 0.00
INTERIOR $725.00
Ebony Luxtec sport seats with Ebony/Ebony interior $ 0.00
10-way electric memory front seats $725.00
Light Oyster Morzine headlining $ 0.00
Gloss Black trim finisher $ 0.00
Soft grain leather sport steering wheel $ 0.00
Meridian™ Sound System $ 0.00
OPTIONS $3,360.00
Driver Assist Pack $3,000.00
Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights $360.00
360° Surround Camera $ 0.00

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Electricious
Model 3 has 10 mm more headroom in front (same difference with/without glass roof for both)
Model 3 has 4 mm less headroom on 2nd row (or 11 mm less when I-Pace has glass roof).
Model 3 has 44 mm more legroom in front and 4 mm more legroom 2nd row.
Model 3 has 2,3 cubic feet less cargo (with seats up).

Lazy mode: an inch is 25,4 mm :)

So for people in front seats, the Model 3 is more spacious, but in the back it is very similar to the I-Pace.
And considering the ground clearance is effectively the same & the frunk is larger in the M3, it is correct to compare these 2 vehicles (M3 AWD) than the MS or MX

Reactions: jgs
Jaguar have something the Teslas all lack, actual leather on the seats. Which is insane that it is lacking from a car that price.

I can see the I-Pace appeal to the people who wants a luxury car that is electric, while the Teslas will appeal to us that want a more thechy car. I can forego actually nice materials for the nice screen, some people can't.
I actually want value for money, which the iPace clearly isn’t
And badge is now irrelevant, as Tesla has become a more desirable car (independent research on ‘coolness’)
It would be interesting to compare 10 cost of ownership of an M3 to a Toyota Camry

I actually want value for money, which the iPace clearly isn’t
And badge is now irrelevant, as Tesla has become a more desirable car (independent research on ‘coolness’)
It would be interesting to compare 10 cost of ownership of an M3 to a Toyota Camry

One can see it different ways, some people like quality materials, others care about technology and big screens. One of the downsides of the Model S I will get is the plastic seats, I would much rather they were actual leather. Also fit and finish is not up to the task of the Teslas. For me that is not a deal breaker since I put the technology side before that, but some people would value tech less and the quality of interior more. So dependant on what you value the i-Pace could be good or bad value, same as the Teslas.

Model S territory even Model X... No SuC network = no Bueno unless you really like more buttons.

upload_2019-10-21_13-13-10.png

Surely the I-Pace has DC-Fast charging or at least Chademo. Then it could use the new EA charger routes eg SeaTac > SLC which does exist today. Jag's webpage offers no info on 'how to charge your I-Pace' which is weird.
--

Surely the I-Pace has DC-Fast charging or at least Chademo. Then it could use the new EA charger routes eg SeaTac > SLC which does exist today. Jag's webpage offers no info on 'how to charge your I-Pace' which is weird.
--

It has DC fast charging that peaks at over 100 kW. It uses CCS connectors that are found at charging stations all over North America. In my case there are DC charging stations from several companies that are more convenient to my routes than the Tesla Superchargers.

Just now I am seriously considering buying an I-Pace in Rio de Janeiro because there is zero outlook for Model 3 to arrive here anytime soon.I am dithering a bit because I really wanted another Model 3. However I need to replace my ancient BMW and the I-Pace is available.

Admittedly there are gaps in charging infrastructure but even L1 overnight at hotels etc will be adequate given the mild weather here and new CCS and J1772 are cropping up every day, and there are ice ones in all three of my preferred shopping centers so I'll be able to avoid using too much of my own electricity.

I feel a bit guilty as a TSLA shareholder to buy an I-Pace. OTOH, how else can one attach three different national flags to a car with clear justification. After all, the company is Indian owned, the car is built in Austria by a Canadian company and the brand is based in England.

Am I about to make a mistake?

Reactions: Electroman
Just now I am seriously considering buying an I-Pace in Rio de Janeiro because there is zero outlook for Model 3 to arrive here anytime soon.I am dithering a bit because I really wanted another Model 3. However I need to replace my ancient BMW and the I-Pace is available.

Admittedly there are gaps in charging infrastructure but even L1 overnight at hotels etc will be adequate given the mild weather here and new CCS and J1772 are cropping up every day, and there are ice ones in all three of my preferred shopping centers so I'll be able to avoid using too much of my own electricity.

I feel a bit guilty as a TSLA shareholder to buy an I-Pace. OTOH, how else can one attach three different national flags to a car with clear justification. After all, the company is Indian owned, the car is built in Austria by a Canadian company and the brand is based in England.

I would not feel guilty owning TSLA shares. Invest in what you feel will will make you money.

Only you would know what is going to work in your country and provide you the best transportation options as well. There are vehicles that are working great in UK and not even available here in the US. The Renault Zoe comes to mind.

Reactions: jbcarioca
I would not feel guilty owning TSLA shares. Invest in what you feel will will make you money.

Only you would know what is going to work in your country and provide you the best transportation options as well. There are vehicles that are working great in UK and not even available here in the US. The Renault Zoe comes to mind.
FWIW, we have in Brasil the Zoe, the Leaf. the Bolt is arriving now and we have also the JAC iEV20 and iEV40 plus the Chery Arizo 5e arriving soon. None of those appeals to me too much although the JAC iEV40 comes close. Were I rational the Zoe would win, probably. It's a blast to drive and is a great city car. The Leaf and Bolt are both too boring for me although the Bolt certainly meets the transportation requirements.

Tesla has made me quite spoiled.

From what I heard, it's a bit unfinished product, a bit like 2012 Model S. Both software and hardware. May turn out to be poor financial decision, as values could crash down, if this generation is 'known bad'.

But, if that doesn't bother you too much, it would be interesting to hear compare from a worldly, smart car guy owning both M3 and I-Pace:)

I wish I had that option. However, the UK owners are allegedly beginning to receive OTA updates of firmware in addition to the infotainment system. That might imply that some improvements might begin to be regular.

Of course, I admit I am looking at this as a person who has no other remotely adequate BEV choice at the moment.