Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they are only delivering 200A, that would imply a 420[1] volt delivery for the 84Kw charging sessions mentioned above. The graphs show that max power being delivered at 50%... that would imply a pack peak voltage of almost 475V, which is more than I've seen reported. I understand it's likely a 106S pack = 445V.

Something seems off.
The I-PACE, like the Audi e-tron and Rivian pickup and SUV, are all 108S.

The I-PACE max pack voltage is just under 450V with a nominal pack voltage of about 390V.

I’ve seen several reports of charging at 83-84 kW and statements about a 200A limit on a variety of charging equipment that seem credible. I haven’t seen lots of details yet about SOC vs charging current and voltage yet.

Reactions: hiroshiy
The I-PACE, like the Audi e-tron and Rivian pickup and SUV, are all 108S.

The I-PACE max pack voltage is just under 450V with a nominal pack voltage of about 390V.

I’ve seen several reports of charging at 83-84 kW and statements about a 200A limit on a variety of charging equipment that seem credible. I haven’t seen lots of details yet about SOC vs charging current and voltage yet.
Ahh, 108S, not 106... my bad.

That's would still seem a bit odd to have a 50% SOC that's so far above nominal... but perhaps it's somewhat non-linear.

If I were to put an order of importance for features...
Handling - Jag NOT EVEN CLOSE. The X is a boat. The Jag is lithe. Not quite up there with a Model 3 Performance, but certainly better than the Model S.
Comfort - Jag - seat design + driving position + way quiet + a regular windshield/less sun in my eyes + leather/not vinyl + heating/cooling seats
Acceleration - Jag - but it's not a big difference. Both have more than enough acceleration. I'll floor it for fun or passing, but when merging, it's already overkill. More power just = more trouble, and there's already plenty of trouble here.
Efficiency - Tesla - clear win here. However, when I need to drive over 200 miles in a day more than twice a year, I'll kill myself. That said, at 76MPGe, the Jag is wonderfully efficient compared to ICE. We also have lots of solar panels, so no guilt here.
Practicality - Tie (X is bigger, can seat 7, and can tow, but the FW doors are moronic. I'd have bought a P100D X three years ago if it weren't for the FWD. X is uncomfortably big for twisty roads.)
Style - Jag - The Jag is nice but the X is a jelly bean on wheels. The FW doors have transitions from cool to douchey. The Tesla interior in white looks super cool but doesn't wear well at all. Jag interior is gorgeous.
Infotainment - Tesla - Their interface is better. The big screen is an eyesore, though. I expect the Jag to improve with OTA updates.

Going to a 100D or P100D only pushes one category into Tesla's court, acceleration. The rest stay in jag's court.

I have driven every Tesla but the roadster. I have never managed to make myself buy one. I do own Powerwalls, so I'm no hater.

I cross posted this on an i pace forum.

Seeing the recent posts, I see the comments on fast charging. In 5 years of EV ownership, I've fast charged zero times. Zero. That's a Spark EV and a Fiat 500e. I have charged the car at non-home 240V chargers maybe 20 times. I've needed to do that exactly zero times. Why? I know how far I'm going to drive in a day. If I need to go farther, I take another car. In the next couple years, we'll have two EVs and one ICE. For those long distance days, we'll fly. OK, OK, we'll take the ICE. Nah. We'll fly. Heh.

If long distance trips aren’t an issue then I’ll take a Nissan Leaf over the iPace...actually I’ll take 2

Ah, now that is a mediocre, uncomfortable car. The steering wheel doesn't even telescope. At least it's not as bad as the Bolt. Those seats were designed by medieval torturers.

On the charging front,
The guy said, "In total I stayed for 46 minutes charging from 3% to 80% SoC!"
As good as Tesla? No. Good enough for the 1/10000 day? Sure.

Ah, now that is a mediocre, uncomfortable car. The steering wheel doesn't even telescope. At least it's not as bad as the Bolt. Those seats were designed by medieval torturers.

On the charging front,
The guy said, "In total I stayed for 46 minutes charging from 3% to 80% SoC!"
As good as Tesla? No. Good enough for the 1/10000 day? Sure.
I wonder if the guy’s holiday was a trip to the charger, since he couldn’t go anywhere else....

I dunno. I see people spending large amounts of time sitting at Superchargers. I think they need a name. How about Sad Super Puppies? I charge at home.
Because we use our Tesla's as cars and not garage queens! Currently, you do not need an ICE unless it is a pickup truck or recreational vehicle. Hopefully that will be changing soon as well. For most people, a car with a big battery that you can not use to travel across the country, is a fail. You may as well have a smaller battery (town car) if you are not going to use it like most people desire to use a car.

Typical Fred. First complaining for years that nobody makes EVs and charging networks and how it's all vapourware and now he has nothing positive to say about them. Really shows how much he care about the whole environment thing. But I guess that's what you do when you are on Tesla's payroll... Could have tweeted about the styling people seemed to like, but nope.

Typical Fred. First complaining for years that nobody makes EVs and charging networks and how it's all vapourware and now he has nothing positive to say about them. Really shows how much he care about the whole environment thing. But I guess that's what you do when you are on Tesla's payroll... Could have tweeted about the styling people seemed to like, but nope.

Are you disputing that he had problems charging at that Electrify America CCS EVSE? You can't stand some honesty about the state of the I-Pace or the Electrify America network?

I see 13 for sale here in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area...and they look to be the same ones that have been listed for a while now. The modest range and lack of fast-charging might be tolerable for this car (which is, by all accounts, pretty darn nice), BUT it is a tough pill to swallow at this PRICE point! The cheapest one for sale locally is $81,500 with the most expensive one topping out at $98K...ouch! Yes, I know the car "starts" at $69,500, but it is pretty easy to drop $10K on "typical" options (leather, modest tech, the "less ugly" mid-grade wheels, etc.).

JAG is not known recently for technical innovations, plus it does not have a great name with younger folks.
They need to get them in the hands of news makers or celebrities. Or do not something major like make a special version that can beat a TESLA from 0-60.
I look forward to getting a used one in 3 years for a steal.

Jag i-Pace.JPG
Speaking for myself who was dead keen on an iPace couple of years ago.....even got the plate!

The first shock was the price as I thought it would be 10-15% up on the F-Pace which I could cope with. Then I read about the real world range and efficiency and went "Hmmm...?!"

Now I see that Tata are in a bit of bother and I wonder whether Jaguar will still exist in a few years.

So "hmmm...?" again...……

So maybe second hand for a good discount in a couple of years?