Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model Y is more comparable - I wonder if iPace sales have been so poor as people wait for the Model Y
Regardless, based on the Y having a real world range of around 280 miles the iPace will probably have around 35-40% worse range

This equivalent test comparison shows how bad the iPace is for range - 26% worse than Model X for a much smaller car
No wonder they’re struggling to sell. At least they’ll be cheap on the used market

Tesla’s incredible efficiency lead is becoming clear with range test against Audi e-tron and Jaguar I-Pace

As demonstrated below, Model Y vs. I-Pace has:
• 31.6% higher battery energy density
• 19.7% longer EPA range in spite of 10% SMALLER battery
• 25.9% higher efficiency on highway
• 29.4% more luggage volume Model Y is also starting at a whopping $18,500 less than i-Pace.

Via tweet: Vladimir Grinshpun on Twitter

VRFDGKb.jpg

As demonstrated below, Model Y vs. I-Pace has:
• 31.6% higher battery energy density
• 19.7% longer EPA range in spite of 10% SMALLER battery
• 25.9% higher efficiency on highway
• 29.4% more luggage volume Model Y is also starting at a whopping $18,500 less than i-Pace.

Via tweet: Vladimir Grinshpun on Twitter

VRFDGKb.jpg

This time the shoe is on the other foot, though - for once the Tesla is the car that may be available in a year being compared to a car available now.

I'm enjoying the irony.

(And yes, the Y seems like a much better choice for most people once it arrives.)

Very interested to watch sales of I-Pace and the E-tron over the remainder of this year. The Model Y announcement will likely hit their sales for the next month(people holding off because of Model Y specs) and will be interesting to see if there's any rebound after that for the rest of 2019. I think 2020 is a lost cause for both SUV's. The Y will be too close at that point for people to pass up.

This time the shoe is on the other foot, though - for once the Tesla is the car that may be available in a year being compared to a car available now.

I'm enjoying the irony.

(And yes, the Y seems like a much better choice for most people once it arrives.)

Actually not. Bolt came out before the Model 3. Makes little difference how soon you get a car out. If it's not competitive it's still not competitive.

Last edited:
I saw my first real one in the parking lot today. It's tiny compares to wife's X we parked right next to it. Have no idea (I do of course) why Jaguar wanted to compare it to the X instead of the 3. As for styling without seeing the badge you'd mistake it for your typical Japanese transformer econobox. Jaguar got lazy making this $70K supposedly high end European car not what it should look. The good thing is styling is not its biggest problem (price/performace is). Or else Jaguar really screwed a good effort.

Last edited: