Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current EDD Oct22-Jan23

I don’t care for the P model but is it worth it to upgrade just for faster delivery?

Plan to keep car for 3 years , will I be able to recoup some of the extra cost when it comes to resale value?

Just got bumped to Feb 23- May 23.... which will be a 13-16 month lead time. Ridiculous. They should allow us to get our deposit back if they can not deliver within a reasonable time frame.
My guess is they restarted your clock when you swapped back to the MYLR on 4/28. Right now it shows the same dates on Tesla’s site if you were to place the order today for your configuration.

Reactions: Evthusiast
My guess is they restarted your clock when you swapped back to the MYLR on 4/28. Right now it shows the same dates on Tesla’s site if you were to place the order today for your configuration.
That could be the reason.

My anonymous SA via text told me if I made a change to my MYLR order (I was thinking of switching to a premium color to try and speed up delivery) that my EDD would switch to what a new order would be for that configuration. Now, that doesn't seem to be the case for MYLR to MYP switches but maybe it is the case for MYP to MYLR or MYLR changes?? My order is a base order with Dec EDD. At time of order if I'd optioned a premium color it was estimating September. But if the SA is to be believed if I switched to a premium color I'd end up with a Nov-Feb EDD which could end up similar or worse to my existing December EDD.

This is my 3rd EDD change in the wrong direction since then(move back to MYLR). Luckily I do have a Polestar 2 to tide me over as I needed a car right away and there was no guarantee that I would get my MYP in time.....oh well. It will keep me here to enjoy all the banter about all things Telsa. I may get my Cybertruck before my MYLR.

Current EDD Oct22-Jan23

I don’t care for the P model but is it worth it to upgrade just for faster delivery?

Plan to keep car for 3 years , will I be able to recoup some of the extra cost when it comes to resale value

I was on the edge, but my local told me how performance tires require more frequent changes as compared to the LR models.

Which is a no brainer for me specifically… I commute roughly 300 miles per week… so down the road that’s just an unnecessary expense.

The aesthetics are great, and I’ve test driven both… you’ll definitely get more kick with performance… but it’s not too noticeably different.

So overall if you prefer practicality, I’d stick with the LR. (You get slightly more range, lesser overall costs, and an amazing vehicle nonetheless).

The waiting time is a bit pesky… but I think it’s worth it.

Right now I’m sitting on MYLR w/ 20 inch and no other additions.

Well I'm still sitting here waiting. My OD was 1/16/2022 for an MYLR, Tow, No FSD, White interior. I've had 7 EDD changes since my order date. In March I had 3 of those changes. Now I'm sitting on 18 Jul-29 Aug. Been here since 30 March. Tesla is not fair about how they do this delivery stuff. Just because you order a particular car, should not cause us to have to wait so long. I understand the shortages there might be with some electronic components, but if they can deliver performance models quicker, then they can be equally as quick for the LR. Now they have thrown in the mix an SR. So now we have to contend with those jumping in front of the LR. Just not how you treat your customers. And you know that they are producing the SR because of the latest local delivery in Giga Texas. Everyone used to say that they would deliver the MYP quicker than the MYLR because they cost more. Well the SR costs less than the LR. It's just now right. They need to stop producing new versions until they get caught up on their current orders. It's just puts a bad taste in my mouth. And I know it upsets a lot of others too.

They need to GigaTX ramped up to full speed and add a second shift. They are adding another shift to China to produce more. Why is China being taken care of but the US is not? Well with me having said all this, someone from Tesla will see it and I'll get moved back now. But this all has to be said.

These threads are great but also crack me up. I ordered a Model Y long range Sept 13th 2021 and received it February 16th 2022. Yes I looked and posted on the Sept 2021 thread all the time.
Now my brother ordered a Model Y long range January 11th. He does not want his car, so I told him I would take it and if I dont want it... its easy to re sell. In March he said it was July-August EDD. I have not asked him since. Then I look on this forum and see how everyone is posting, concerned etc..dates moving all over the place lol. It was the same for the September thread and probably any other.
I think it might be better to take a step away and towards the end start looking. EDDs will change.

Reactions: Otter2007
Updated my signature with both my February delivered Model Y and my next one due this summer :)
The Midnight Silver is my wife's car.
The White, I might keep for myself and trade in my 2013 Model S. Her Y is better with everything. More comfortable, faster, longer range, better tech etc.

Reactions: Gary.F
Why is this thread so dead? Also are there any MYLR people with EDDs? Seems like everyone is someone that switched to MYP?
Trying to figure out why my reservation bumped from July/Aug 2022 to Feb-May 2023. Is it a weekend computer deck shuffle or is it because everyone is getting Performance versions and bumping LR back?

My wife's Model Y delivered Feb 2021 bumped around but not that far back and returned to original EDD range.

Why is this thread so dead? Also are there any MYLR people with EDDs? Seems like everyone is someone that switched to MYP?
Trying to figure out why my reservation bumped from July/Aug 2022 to Feb-May 2023. Is it a weekend computer deck shuffle or is it because everyone is getting Performance versions and bumping LR back?

My wife's Model Y delivered Feb 2021 bumped around but not that far back.
My EDD is Feb 23-May 23, I switched to MYP and then back. I decided to buy a Polestar to get me through my wait as my car was needing some serious brake work. I'll happily wait now while enjoying my new car...and I get a $7500 tax credit and the $2500 rebate. I am pretty sure I can make some money in the end and get a 2023 MY.