Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kman's Tesla Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla has opened up it's Data Privacy Request system. This is a VERY Important thing for Tesla Owners! Follow along in the video, and then request your own information packet! One of the BIGGEST Benefits of the Data Privacy Request that I can list, is a FULL RECORD OF ALL YOUR SERVICE VISITS! That is a HUGE benefit! Especially for when/if you eventually sell your vehicle, as Tesla will not disclose any service records to the new owner! There is a ton of other things in the records request, which will be coming in part 2. Part 2 will be going through the documentation, Photos and more! (Yes I said Photos...). VISIT: Obtain a Copy of the Data Associated With Your Tesla Account | Tesla Support

• Informative
Reactions: wdolson

Quick Video showing WHERE to connect your CAN BUS adapter & OBD Reader for using ScanMyTesla and TM-SPY on a Tesla Model S and Tesla Model X. Location is the same on both. This does not apply to PLAID or newer Model S and Model X.

Hardware Required Video:

SMT = Scan My Tesla
Links:
OBD Link for SMT (Android Only): https://amzn.to/417O9m2
OR
OBD Link MX+ For SMT (Android or iOS): https://amzn.to/420inJ9
LE Link for TM-SPY (Android or iOS): https://amzn.to/4246pOD

Tesla CAN to OBD Cable (2012-2015 September Model S): https://amzn.to/3AXqutK
Tesla CAN to OBD Cable (Oct 2015 Onward MS & All MX, Legacy Vehicles): https://amzn.to/3LSQFs1
Tesla CAN to OBD Cable (Model 3 & Y, too many variations, select applicable): https://amzn.to/3LSn69T

ScanMyTesla iOS: ‎scan my T3SLA
Scan My Tesla Android: scan my tesla - Apps on Google Play

TM-SPY iOS: Helpful links to TM-Spy threads.
TM-SPY Android: TM-Spy - Apps on Google Play

Impromptu Teardown of my Model X Keyfob. Had a bit of nice weather in between the cold the day I recorded this, so just grabbed the camera while the kids were blowing off winters pent up energy on the porch. This one is full of rambling and boring, but still gives an awesome look into the un-necessary over-engineering of a Tesla Key-Fob.
#TeslaKey #TeslaKeyFob #keyfob

Impromptu Teardown of my Model X Keyfob. Had a bit of nice weather in between the cold the day I recorded this, so just grabbed the camera while the kids were blowing off winters pent up energy on the porch. This one is full of rambling and boring, but still gives an awesome look into the un-necessary over-engineering of a Tesla Key-Fob.
#TeslaKey #TeslaKeyFob #keyfob
"unnecessary overengineering"

Now that is a phrase you rarely hear when describing Tesla or SpaceX technologies.

Secret Supercharger? Seems like Tesla was trying to see if they could manage to build a supercharger without anyone noticing. Johnson Creek, Wi. A much desired location located between Milwaukee and Madison, with a high traffic Outlet Mall.
I say "secret", there is a reason. Usually, ESPECIALLY here in Wisconsin, our awesome Wisconsin Tesla Owners Group does an excellent job tracking down Supercharging locations FAR in advance. I mean, almost immediately when the permits are applied for, and in some cases, over a year in advance. This one, however, was discovered by Jim S. of the WI Owners Group, purely by accident. Located at the Kwik-Trip Gas Station/Convenience Store across the street from the Johnson Creek Outlet Mall. I was at this location myself the weekend prior, and there was absolutely no signs of a Supercharger going in. In less than a week, we got to the point seen in the video. EV-Owning Wisconsinites will be over-joyed with the news of Charging Stations going in at Kwik-Trips!
For those wondering what the big deal is with Kwik-Trips, honestly, it's a Wisconsin Thing, but we will drive clear across town, skipping other grocery & convenience stores in the process. I believe it is similar to as in the south with Buc-E's. I'd recommend watching our very own, Wisconsin's, Charlie Berens!

Hopefully, Kwik-Trip sees the benefit of Superchargers at their stores/stations. If we could get 2 stalls, at every Kwik-Trip in Wisconsin, Wisconsin would have higher charging penetration than Kalifornia!
Oh, funny thing too, Johnson Creek literally has 1 Kwik-Trip on each side of the freeway. Hilarious. Both are always busy! 1/4 mile away from each other!
1080 Remmel Dr, Johnson Creek, WI 53094

Trying FSD Beta at a Vacation Condo Resort with no road lines, speed bumps, narrow roads, golf carts and more! Short drive on main city streets to get there. Then another drive home after the test.
I was pleasantly surprised by the performance today! The only intervention I really had to take as my own comfort. FSD does not like to share the road with other cars when no center line is present, and likes to stay in the middle of the road, that, and it needs to start recognizing speed bumps!
#fsd #fsd11 #fsdbeta

Digging up an old one; did a photo shoot with the VP of the company that makes the Tesla Chiller Unit way back in 2013. Neat device, extremely reliable. Realistically not much to fail, though they can. Anyways, here is a little video from visiting & doing the photo shoot back in 2013 including a quick photo of the Mode S prototype chiller :)

Lubricating the Tesla Air Suspension Height Sensor Assembly For Model S or Model X ( 1027941-00-B , 1027946-00-B and all non-listed part numbers).

This is a easy to do job that requires no tools for front. Rear, you can either lay-down and spray the sensor assembly, or remove the wheel.

IF YOUR SENSORS ARE WORKING! DON'T LET TESLA SERVICE SUCKER YOU INTO REPLACING!

More Commonly, any noise or squeaks are coming from upper control arms. See this video on how to lubricate those and save HUNDREDS VS Replacing with new ones that will have the same lack of lubrication problem! :

Not quite Tesla related, but is Semi-Autonomous, My "Smart" Autonomous Suitcase.

First off, despite what's out there, yes, these do exist. Why do I say that? These were initially sold on an Indiegogo Campaign. Unfortunately, as MOST Indiegogo Campaigns end up, the vast large majority of backers got screwed. The company shipped a few dozen out of many thousands of orders, just enough to get people to say they are real, and it's coming, to hold over the backers, while the Campaign runners, well, run off with your money. ( NAUCRATES: Ride-On and Self-Follow Smart Luggage )

I was one of the lucky few to get one, mostly because I had it shipped to my In-Laws in China to avoid the import duty (MIL was going to use it when she came to visit, so it wasn't like she was bringing anything extra or going out of her way).

The suitcase arrived in November 2019. My mother in law's flight was booked for beginning of March. Well, we all know what happened End of 2019-2020..... I'm not even going to say it.... Her flight was canceled 4 days before departure. Then her next flight, and next flight, and next flight, and next flight again, all canceled. Finally, April 2023, 3 years later, she was able to bring it. Thankfully they were able to keep the battery charged, and it appears to held up in storage well. I had them keep it at about 70% and plug it in every 2-3 months for about 10 minutes, which sufficed.

So, FINALLY, I'm able to try my purchase. Thankfully, these are still available, though at 3x what I paid, on Alibaba. As such, surprisingly the APP was still available. Though the app worked one time and that was it. The remote control does work. Surprised it has no reverse. The control has it, but the suit case can only do left, right or forward.

So sit back and watch me play with it a bit while the car is supercharging. I have another video coming where I am riding it through Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

Product Details
Features
Intelligent mobility technology. Equipped with driverless technology, APP + remote control.
Large battery 3180mAh battery life, driving distance is 7km, and the following distance is 10km.
The uppermost side of the trunk is an ultrasonic radar, which can quickly calculate the distance of the owner's movement, ensure that it does not hit you in case of close contact, and can easily avoid various obstacles, not afraid of pedestrian interference.
20inch 36L large capacity. Although it is a 20-inch standard boarding size design.
3 modes adjustable thick aluminum alloy rod.
TSA Customs Fingerprint Lock.
150W brushless motor, 5km/h, easy to crawl at 15 slopes, the maximum climb is 23°.
Specification
Brand ARTVZ
Inside material Polyester
Color Black, white, grey, blue, silver
External material PC

Number of tie rod sections Three quarters
With or without extension layer Have
Tie rod type Double shot
Rain cover No
Wheel style Universal wheel
Number of wheels Four wheels
Internal structure Computer inner liner; sandwich zipper bag; ID bag; X-shaped fixing strap
Lock function Smart lock
Tie rod material Aluminum alloy
Closed mode Aluminum frame

Wheel diameter (cm) 5.5-6.5
Net body size (cm) 355X235X525mm
Product net weight (kg) 5.5
Trolley handle width (cm) 11.5
Size 20 inches
Bearing capacity (kg) 120
Tie rod length (cm) 51.5
Package content
1 x 20inch suircase
1 x Battery
1 x Remote control
1 x Charger
1 x Instruction manual

Tesla's newest Supercharger! Greenfield, Wi! With a Handicap Stall Add-On. We take a look at the additional handle added on to the supercharger's Handicap cable. Another interesting thing to note, the Transformer is the smallest I've seen for a V3 location of this size. It's only a 750kVa transformer. I'll touch on that in another video!

Meijer
5800 W Layton Ave
Greenfield, WI 53220
Roadside Assistance 877 798 3752
Charging
12 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 250kW
#TeslaSupercharger #GreenfieldSupercharger #HandicapSupercharger

Checking out and taking a closer look at a 2019 Tesla Model X 100D with the Ultra-White interior!
Got this beauty as a loaner. My first "Hands-On" with the Ultra-White interior (Meaning, more than just seeing it in a showroom). Overall, even being a Non-Plaid (Non-Redesign), noticeable overall upgrades/updates VS my 2016 low-production number (~24,000-ish) Model X (Unicorn being a 2016 with FSD).
Overall, the 2019 was an improvement VS my 2016, accept for the poor seat quality. I will state, this being Used as well as a Loaner, there are some wear and tear issues that would normally not be seen on a privately owned vehicle. Though, being a loaner, helps show more "accelerated" wear that you'd otherwise see after many more years and miles.

Enjoy!

#modelx #teslareview #ModelXReview

Reactions: David99
HAPPENING NOW!!! Non-Tesla Electric Vehicle caught fire at the Chicago Rosemont Fashion Outlet Mall. If you can identify the vehicle brand, please post below! I think it is a Hyundai Kona or possibly a lucid. 01/18/2024
#electricvehiclefire #electricvehiclefirerosemont #fashionoutletfire

EA (Electrify America). Just can't get things together. This location build out has/had been complete for 1 1/2 years. Transformer in place, and still not on. Quite sad. Tesla knew what they were doing with the supercharger network. Nice, reliable, superchargers. I will state, about 1 month after this video was recorded, EA FINALLY turned on the stations. It's been hit-or-miss with the reliability. the first couple weeks random stalls were out of service. Finally around Mid-December everything came online and appears to finally be relatively solid. They have been fairly busy with the Non-Tesla EV's, and now seeing the majority of the negatives being slow charge rates.

#electrifyameriafail #electrifyamerica #teslasupercharger

Reactions: David99
I totally agree about the EA stations. They are very much a hit or miss. I recently had to charge at one using my adapter. Just getting it started took some time and fiddling with the EA app. It charged OK for 10 min then just stopped without giving a reason. I still don't know why. I check the app, the car, the adapter, making sure I have enough $ in my AE account. I just gave up and left. I had enough to get where I needed to go.

At one of my local superchargers is also a EA station. There is almost always a line of 4 cars for a 4 stall station. Next to it is a supercharger with 16 plugs. It's just sad to see the others have to wait while there are many Tesla coming and going and there is never a line. There are many amazing EVs available outside of Tesla, but the charging situation for them is a disaster.

Reactions: islandbayy
When non-Tesla EVs start being delivered with NACS connectors that will likely change the landscape. Tesla will have to expand superchargers to keep up with increased demand, but it will open up traveling to those non-Tesla EVs. Though the pre-NACS cars will be stuck in the EA ghetto until adapters are available.

Tesla will have to expand superchargers to keep up with increased demand, but it will open up traveling to those non-Tesla EVs. Though the pre-NACS cars will be stuck in the EA ghetto until adapters are available.
Adapters will be available before any non-Teslas start shipping with NACS inlets...

The first of the adapters are supposed to be available for Ford&GM owners in the next month.