Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of all P100D inventory cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I've been looking for a P100D New Inventory car. I realized that the Tesla site only shows a subset of inventory. I found the AWESOME EV CPO consolidator, but also realized that the dealer has access to cars that aren't on that site either. I found a way to get access to ALL of the dealer inventory. Here is the list of all P100Ds for sale, as of 12/2. You can filter for the options you want, etc. I also calculate the final price if you decide that you want to remove Ludicrous and Full-Self-Driving.

Also, here are some interesting stats:
I've seen cars discounted by $50k. They get fixed within a few hours, usually. I'm assuming they're glitches and there's no way Tesla would honor a $85k sale price on a brand new car with 50 miles.
Earliest 2016 VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E48GF119188
Latest 2016 VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E40GF178218
Earliest AP2 VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E44GF157582
Latest AP1 VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E44GF163544
Earliest P100D VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E44GF157582
Latest P90D VIN seen for sale: 5YJSA1E4XGF171275

Enjoy :)

It's surprising they have many more cars available than what they are listing on the Tesla website.

I had noticed that when you configure a custom order, and the website offers new inventory cars close to the configuration, those cars are often not in the website's new inventory list.

Nice! This will help a lot of people. If you could pull in the current location into the sheet as well, it would probably help someone find a car they could take delivery on before the end of the year. You can find it one car at a time by clicking the link, though.

I used the filters and found the car I would want is unfortunately a lot more than what I would pay for it. :(

New list for Model S. Some new cars, including some with White Leather.
Does your search tool find all inventory or just P100D and P90D? I'd imagine the other types also can be found the same way.

It finds all of them, but I've been filtering on PxxD because that's what I'm buying :)

Here are some of the Model Xs. It looks like mostly P90Ds. I'll pull more of them later.

• Informative
Reactions: MsElectric
As I posted in the other thread, I refuse to do a brute force search for all valid VINs. While pretty much a trivial exercise, it basically "pokes the bear" in that if Tesla decides to, they could, in an instant shut, it all down. I have no problem with you doing a brute force search to find a car for yourself, but I do have a problem with you publishing the list without Tesla's permission, since they've never publically posted most of those cars for sale -- probably for a very good reason. It's the same reason @wk057 and @Ingineer won't do hacks for people that violate Tesla's IP. It's their sandbox, and if you play in it and shake things up, you could ruin it for everyone else.

Some or many of the cars in the list shown here could be demo cars or inventory lot cars not yet ready for web presentation (still under travel wrap or dirty or whatever). They may show up eventually. You definitely want to demo the crazy acceleration of P100D and then perhaps offer it on a slightly sweet deal to the test-driver if they'll take it "today", for example. My insurance agent test drove a P85D a long while back and said the acceleration actually made him slightly ill and he is still shopping for a more moderate EV. Very EV-friendly guy but not in it for the kicks.

Hi Hank,
First of all, thank you for making the EV CPO consolidator. I'm a user and was a member for a while when I was looking for my first car. I ended up buying new, but I'm a huge fan of your website. I understand your concern. Thanks for sharing that with me. A couple of points:

> since they've never publically posted most of those cars for sale

Well, those cars on on the public facing internet. Also, every one of these cars is available if you just ask a sales rep to search for it. It's not like we're hacking into their protected systems, which would be illegal. Scraping their website is NOT illegal.

> It's the same reason @wk057 and @Ingineer won't do hacks for people that violate Tesla's IP.

I know you're not claiming that I'm violating Tesla's IP, but you are making the comparison. I want to be clear that scraping their website is not illegal. There is no IP violation. There's nothing that violates 18 USC 2511, 2701, 1362, 1037, 1343, 1029, or any other computer laws I'm aware of.

More to the point, there is plenty of precedent for the ability to scrape websites to extract data. Yodlee and Mint both aggregate 25k financial institutions in the US, and more globally. OctoParse, wget, curl, Scrapy, Phantom.js, and many other technologies enable exactly this. This includes every search engine, including Google. I know that you're aware of this, but for the benefit of the crowd, search engine databases are generated by screen scraping.

Now, they do have a robots.txt in their root that requests that scrapers don't index the /new/ path. Those are broadly considered to be advisory. They are not binding agreements and can be ignored. True, you may upset an admin if you index them, especially on a smaller website or if you do so irresponsibly.

All that said, I was very thoughtful of how I did this. I don't blast them with a bunch of bad vins. I throttle the requests to a very reasonable level. I've never hit their site with a load that caused any response time impact. I only pull the vins for a specific set of cars that I'm confident are in the set of "for sale" cars. I'm not allowing web access to the list.

Also, for what it's worth, I suspect that EV CPO is also scraping their site, and probably under the same directory that is excluded by robots.txt. At the risk of pointing out the irony, I'll just mention that the difference between our approaches varies by a shade of grey. I also suspect that the scraping traffic that you've generated on the Tesla site will forever outweigh what I'll be generating for the next few weeks as I look for a car. Sharing the lists I created doesn't change the traffic I'm generating, with the small one-time exception of the Model X list I'm pulling as a favor to the folks here on the forum that asked for that.

Lastly, from a legal sense, it's important to point out that I'm not profiting from this endeavor. EV CPO consolidator offers a subscription that increases the scrape regularity for members. In my experience doing this professionally, the legal teams of scraped companies view those two scenarios VERY differently. I suspect that if Tesla did care about any of this, which I'm sure they don't, they would be much more interested in the assets generated by a subscriber-paid, hosted web system compared to some guy posting excel spreadsheets on a forum.

Like I said in the beginning, I appreciate your point of view and I definitely understand it. I probably understand it more than you would suspect. I've been in legal, technical, and contractual battles over screen scraping between massive companies for a very long time. I don't share your view, but I wanted to clear up any misconceptions that I was doing something illegal, unprecedented, or irresponsible.

Lastly, just in case you're concerned about your revenue stream, I have no interest in taking people away from EV CPO. I'm just posting a couple of lists that I generated while I look for my car. This will all go away in a few weeks :)

Last edited:
Some or many of the cars in the list shown here could be demo cars or inventory lot cars not yet ready for web presentation (still under travel wrap or dirty or whatever). They may show up eventually. You definitely want to demo the crazy acceleration of P100D and then perhaps offer it on a slightly sweet deal to the test-driver if they'll take it "today", for example. My insurance agent test drove a P85D a long while back and said the acceleration actually made him slightly ill and he is still shopping for a more moderate EV. Very EV-friendly guy but not in it for the kicks.

From the spot checks I've done, it looks like all of these cars are available in the dealer inventory search. Every one I've checked in the sales people's SalesForce system have been "actually" available for sale.

Reactions: davidc18 and mmd
@cryptyk, thanks for making the information available to all.

Tesla seems to be producing a lot of the most expensive cars for inventory, so they can borrow more from their ABL. What will happen to these very expensive cars while they sit there is anyone's guess.

PS: I think @HankLloydRight is concerned that spilling this data supports Tesla bear theory that Tesla has lots of inventory. This is viewed as negative by many, and so he may be afraid that this hurts Tesla's stock price.

Last edited:
@cryptyk, thanks for making the information available to all.

Tesla seems to be producing a lot of the most expensive cars for inventory, so they can borrow more from their ABL. What will happen to these very expensive cars while they sit there is anyone's guess.

PS: I think @HankLloydRight is concerned that spilling this data supports Tesla bear theory that Tesla has lots of inventory. This is viewed as negative by many, and so he may be afraid that this hurts Tesla's stock price.
You gotta put negative spin on anything, don't you? The way I see it is that Tesla is making them with the intent to keep them as demo/display cars while being open to selling them anytime.

Reactions: davidc18
As Hank says, it's trivially easy to scrape all valid vins from the tesla website. If you keep doing it your ip WILL end up on a blacklist. I know from experience.

Thanks. I'm aware of the risks. I'm using very reasonable throttling settings. I actually tried the Range header to further minimize traffic, but their HTTP1.1 server doesn't honor it. I did the next best thing and I abort the connection after I get the bytes I need to minimize load on the server.

Last edited:
Hey cryptyk,
My issue was not at all about the legality or the scraping, or even that all those vins are posted on the internet. I have no issue with that. My concern is that how will or could Tesla react to having that information posted publicly. I'm sure when they put those VIN pages up in an entirely unindexed manner, they did it for convenience, not expecting to be exposed. Tesla plays their cards very close to their vest as we see in many different aspects of their business dealings. I'm not saying what we do is illegal or even different in terms of scraping data. It's what we each choose to do with it. I personally think publishing data that Tesla has yet to index themselves is a bad idea, as that was not their intention. Also, the stock market analysts (i.e. shorts) could have a field day with that, which pokes a different part of the bear.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36 and bhuwan
I get it. Regarding the details of inventory stock, you yourself pointed out how trivial it is to collect this data. I'm willing to bet that the market makers, algo creators, and financial analysts aren't learning anything new from a couple of random code jockeys on a fan-forum. If they want to know what inventory looks like, they can either go read an 8-K or spend 20 minutes writing their own scraper.

I do think it's an odd justification coming from someone who is also displaying "hidden" cars (i.e. cars that are no longer indexed) on the paid-only section of a website. You seem concerned about showing unindexed cars, but you do it yourself. Like I said before, the difference between what we're doing is a shade of gray. There's definitely room for subjectivity on the matter. I respect your decision to show a relatively small number of unindexed cars. I'm also fine with you disagreeing with my decision to show more of them.