Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of all P100D inventory cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The difference is that 'hidden' cars are all cars that Tesla listed, available for sale, publically. There are also only six listed and all of them are CPOs from 2013 or 2014 and have significant mileage. So in this case, we know that Tesla's full intention was to list and sell these cars.

Your list on the other hand exposes hundreds of new cars, never published or indexed, and we don't know what Tesla's intention is for them to be available online as they are. I'm sure they weren't placed there to be exposed to the public without their knowledge or permission. And my major point is that forcing their hand to deal with over 500+ cars being published that they did not yet intend to publish can only lead to bad things for everyone else. I think it's an irresponsible position to take.

At a bare minimum, I would suggest not publishing your lists but rather telling people they are available from you by request.

In addition, I'd suggest going back and reading some TMC archives, where it's happened that "a couple of code jockeys posting on a fan forum" has actually moved the stock price based on complete speculation, after other "news" sites or blogs picked up rumors and posted them as facts. You might think posting here won't tell them anything they don't already know, but posting things like this can only help to support their analyses with what will be interpreted as "facts" by people outside of TMC.

Finally, I just don't see any benefit of posting this information online without permission from Tesla, unless your objective is to say 'fu Tesla... look what I did!". And before you say that I'm doing the same things, which I clearly do not think I'm doing, I have had many conversations with the North America Remarketing Manager (head of the CPO program) who knows full well what I'm doing and actually wanted to hire me to bring many of the features of EV-CPO to their CPO platform (which "later died in committee"--long story). I also keep him up to date with any enhancements or data issues with their stream, or other inconsistencies. So if he had a problem with what I'm doing, now over 1 1/2 years, I'd think he would have told me.

Reactions: dennis
Like I said earlier, we're going to agree to disagree on this. I'm certainly not trying to convince you to change your point of view. I already said that I totally respect what you're doing and the decisions you've made. I'll PM you my email address and you're welcome to forward it to your contact at Tesla. If he has any issues with the lists I've published, I'm happy to talk to him about that.

I disagree with your claim that we don't know what Tesla's intention is for these cars. I've done spot checks with a salesperson and every one of the cars we looked at was available for sale via Tesla's internal inventory website. These are simply cars that Tesla is selling via their sales folks, but not via the web. I could even argue that showing cars that Tesla has *removed* from the listings is worse than showing cars they haven't got around to listing yet. Using your own logic, there's a reason they de-listed the "hidden" cars and you shouldn't show them.

I'm surprised that you don't understand why I posted this information. Your assumption that I'm just trying to say "fu Tesla" is completely off-base and probably guided by how upset you are with the situation. If you take a step back, you'll clearly see that I posted the information for the benefit of the folks here on the forum that are looking for a car. I knew I wasn't alone in looking for a more efficient way to search inventory. I found it painful to call my salesperson morning after morning to ask him to search for the car I wanted. I didn't like that it took him hours to get back to me sometimes, and that he didn't always send me back cars that fit my criteria. I was frustrated that I found better deals on EV CPO by myself in 5 minutes than my salesperson was able to find over a 24 hour transaction.

It's not an FU to Tesla. It's a gift to the people on this forum that are looking for a car.

I understand your concern about publishing the full list. I like your idea to just email people who ask for it. Building off of your idea, I could automate it with a website that lets people enter the criteria of the car they're looking for. Then if a matching car becomes available it can send them an email with the details. That way I'm not publishing the lists, even in private, and it makes it even easier for people to find the right car. Would that alleviate your concerns?

Last edited:
The facts:
Yah, and it's a significant difference. The Tesla New Inventory site has 3 P100Ds. The EV CPO site shows 33 of them. I was able to find 457.

Loose with the facts:
- VIN assignment could be to fill up the inventory and borrow against those from ABL? Seems like they have over 500 P100Ds in inventory, but only showing 33 on ev-cpo.com.

PS: I think @HankLloydRight is concerned that spilling this data supports Tesla bear theory that Tesla has lots of inventory. This is viewed as negative by many, and so he may be afraid that this hurts Tesla's stock price.

I dislike the way your bearish view came through when you quoted the "33" number exactly but then took the liberty to change 457 to "over 500". Slick.

• Informative
Reactions: EarlyAdopter
I get it. Regarding the details of inventory stock, you yourself pointed out how trivial it is to collect this data. I'm willing to bet that the market makers, algo creators, and financial analysts aren't learning anything new from a couple of random code jockeys on a fan-forum. If they want to know what inventory looks like, they can either go read an 8-K or spend 20 minutes writing their own scraper.

I do think it's an odd justification coming from someone who is also displaying "hidden" cars (i.e. cars that are no longer indexed) on the paid-only section of a website. You seem concerned about showing unindexed cars, but you do it yourself. Like I said before, the difference between what we're doing is a shade of gray. There's definitely room for subjectivity on the matter. I respect your decision to show a relatively small number of unindexed cars. I'm also fine with you disagreeing with my decision to show more of them.
Re MM, algos, and FAs: can make up their own story, because fake news sells much better than real. There are studies illustrating students at all levels cannot distinguish real from fake articles.

I was offered to downgrade a P100D to non-L. I didn't do that. If you can get a 75 downgraded to a 60 and you're in the market for that, I'd jump on it. The software limited 60s are a good deal.

I don't underdstand how 500 cars as inventory out of 25K for the quarter supports the bear case. Let's give that theory a rest. With over 100 stores you need an inventory of that size for demos, loaners and instant gratification sales.

Also in support of OP, any data residing on public side of the internet is fair game. If Tesla thought those should be inaccessible they would have had that data behind an authentication firewall.

I don't underdstand how 500 cars as inventory out of 25K for the quarter supports the bear case. Let's give that theory a rest. With over 100 stores you need an inventory of that size for demos, loaners and instant gratification sales.

Also in support of OP, any data residing on public side of the internet is fair game. If Tesla thought those should be inaccessible they would have had that data behind an authentication firewall.

There are far more than 500 inventory cars. Cryptyk himself found hundreds of un-published inventory while he was shopping for his P100D. And he only shows the P100D and P90D models, not 60 on up through 90D. His latest list is 500 of just P100D/P90D. Generally, worldwide inventory should be roughly 4000 based on the historical Produced but not Sold counts quarterly.

Hey everyone,
I found my car! One of the rare white leather p100d's.

This is the last list I'll be providing now that I found what I was looking for. My sales guy loved the spreadsheet and used it for a couple of his clients, too. Hope it helps someone else!

1228noon.xlsx
Congrats!! I noticed the UWs were few as well.
Would you be running the X list one last time, by any chance.:rolleyes:

Hey everyone,
I found my car! One of the rare white leather p100d's.

This is the last list I'll be providing now that I found what I was looking for. My sales guy loved the spreadsheet and used it for a couple of his clients, too. Hope it helps someone else!

1228noon.xlsx

There are far more than 500 inventory cars. Cryptyk himself found hundreds of un-published inventory while he was shopping for his P100D. And he only shows the P100D and P90D models, not 60 on up through 90D. His latest list is 500 of just P100D/P90D. Generally, worldwide inventory should be roughly 4000 based on the historical Produced but not Sold counts quarterly.

So if I am correctly comparing this most recent list with the 12/2 list , Tesla sold 432 out of 508 P100D/P90D inventory models

10 P100D is over $1M of borrowable on the ABL. 500 is roughly $50M. Kinda sux though as some buyers who had orders in on other cars have had to wait a bit longer. Sure, 500 is couple days production but I'm always on the side of buyers who are placing full-price orders online who should have their cars built first. Cryptyk's list is only P100D and P90D. Not 60, 75 or 90 regular style units or Model X unpublished inventory (he does have a P90D and P100D Model X list too). Worldwide inventory should still be in the 3000-4000 range if not slightly more. Inventory is essential as many buyers do not like to order cars - so Tesla is doing the right thing in building an inventory base but not if it slows up actual customer orders much. What made some of those MX and MS cars take longer than usual in production - TMC member "hollywood" is one example?

and actually wanted to hire me to bring many of the features of EV-CPO to their CPO platform (which "later died in committee"--long story).

Why the hell doesn't Tesla do something like EV-CPO? It's awesome. Theirs pretty much sucks.

Congrats @cryptyk. Did you have them strip ludicrous and AP2 software from the car to save $18K? Any discounts?

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Congrats on finding your UW car.

I could only find two P100Ds with UW three weeks ago when I was shopping. I really wanted blue, but ended up with red (again), and 21's which I immediately took off.