Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased (2 weeks ago) a fully optioned P85D in Melbourne, Australia. Can't wait. Current estimated delivery November - doh. This was after waiting almost 2 years for the new C63 S AMG Edition 1... I got the runaround unfortunately by Mercedes, but in the end very happy I was able to cancel my pre-order and purchase the awesome Tesla.

I am reading through the forums to learn and gain from other peoples experiences... I see one common theme that people are experimenting with after-market options for power. Of course I will have the UMC hopefully with me (in my car), and my home wall mount, but we all know how big Australia is - and would love to experience a few country / remote drives. :)

Any great forum postings or ideas that I should read in preparation of my new beast?

Look forward to sharing all of my experiences with this group too.

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris,

I am just an enthusiast at the moment with the third gen Tesla to be more in my price range at this point in time

Nonetheless, I have become fairly knowledgeable about the Model S via Youtube and watching two of the really early adaptors of the car in their own countries. Both men own pre Autopilot cars

KmanAuto - United States and Bjorn Nyland - Norway

Thesed men have spent hundreds of hours each documenting real life experiences in and around their cars and posting them for others to learn from. A great experience for owners ane enthusiasts alike

Well worth sorting through and watching.

Welcome to the Tesla community

Peter

Congrats on your order Chris...despite that Merc being a cracking car, it has nothing on what you've ordered.

After ordering my P85 back in Feb 2013 (and taking delivery Feb 2015) I found this forum an amazing resource for the pre and post order experience. There is also a whatsapp group called Tesla Australia that's very active, the admin is the forum user here called 'timpoo'.

Congrats on your order Chris...despite that Merc being a cracking car, it has nothing on what you've ordered.

After ordering my P85 back in Feb 2013 (and taking delivery Feb 2015) I found this forum an amazing resource for the pre and post order experience. There is also a whatsapp group called Tesla Australia that's very active, the admin is the forum user here called 'timpoo'.

Thanks for the information... I can't wait. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris,

I am just an enthusiast at the moment with the third gen Tesla to be more in my price range at this point in time

Nonetheless, I have become fairly knowledgeable about the Model S via Youtube and watching two of the really early adaptors of the car in their own countries. Both men own pre Autopilot cars

KmanAuto - United States and Bjorn Nyland - Norway

Thesed men have spent hundreds of hours each documenting real life experiences in and around their cars and posting them for others to learn from. A great experience for owners ane enthusiasts alike

Well worth sorting through and watching.

Welcome to the Tesla community

Peter

Thanks Peter for the YouTube references, appreciate it!

Hi Chris

I've updated your purchase on the spreadsheet and congratulations!

Can you please list what colours you got so I can put it in?

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim, options according to mytesla are:

Model S P85D
All-Wheel Drive Included
EXTERIOR
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
INTERIOR
Black Next Generation Seats
Executive Rear Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
PERFORMANCE
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
OPTIONS
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package Included
Cheers,

Chris

Hi Tim, options according to mytesla are:

Model S P85D
All-Wheel Drive Included
EXTERIOR
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
INTERIOR
Black Next Generation Seats
Executive Rear Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
PERFORMANCE
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
OPTIONS
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package Included
Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris

Nice config! It looks like you ticked every box on the options list......

Not sure if you realised but the upgrade to the 21's is $5,500 but by the time you add the LCT they cost $8,500. It's worth noting that this is only the upgrade so this cost does not include the value of the 19's.

Lot's of companies are also offering aftermarket rims at a fraction of the price & you can avoid the LCT if you purchase them independently.

Congrats on your order
Trav

Hey Chris

Nice config! It looks like you ticked every box on the options list......

Not sure if you realised but the upgrade to the 21's is $5,500 but by the time you add the LCT they cost $8,500. It's worth noting that this is only the upgrade so this cost does not include the value of the 19's.

Lot's of companies are also offering aftermarket rims at a fraction of the price & you can avoid the LCT if you purchase them independently.

Congrats on your order
Trav

Thanks Trav, yes, in part it was impulse, in another I thought, heck I am adding everything else, may as well tick 21s as well... Yes, I did see the price, but went ahead anyway. Maybe if I burn through them, I'll look at the aftermarket options.

Can someone who has recently taken delivery let us know if you received a UMC with the car.

I think UMC means a mobile portable charger... But yes please, I would also like this confirmed....so somebody, anybody, who has picked up a Tesla in recent times:

1. When did you get delivery?
2. Did you get a mobile portable charger thrown in?
3. In addition to the wall charger?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (since I have not read more than a few pages of the 118, but I probably will read them all, I do stuff like that).
Tesla in Sydney says that I need to pick up my 70D from Autonexus of 71 Clyde Gessel Place Eagle Farm when the car gets to Brisbane in late September 2015.
I did a little early reconnaissance yesterday (Sunday morning 6:30) as I wanted as few surprises as possible on the day of my first drive.
It is a new building with a large open forecourt at the far southern end of a new cul de sac (too new for Bing maps but Google maps has it) in a newish industrial estate about 30km round trip from home, so not too onerous.
The first period of ownership will probably be spent driving back and forth between the first two roundabouts on that estate, trying to get familiar with the car before I pluck up the courage to enter real Brisbane traffic.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned (since I have not read more than a few pages of the 118, but I probably will read them all, I do stuff like that).
Tesla in Sydney says that I need to pick up my 70D from Autonexus of 71 Clyde Gessel Place Eagle Farm when it gets to Brisbane in late September 2015.
I did a little early reconnaissance yesterday (Sunday morning 6:30) as I wanted as few surprises as possible on the day of my first drive.
It is a new building with a large open forecourt on a new road (too new for Bing maps but Google maps has it) in a newish industrial estate about 30km round trip from me, so not too scary.
The first period of ownership will probably be spent driving back and forth between the first two roundabouts on that estate, trying to get familiar with the car before I pluck up the courage to enter real Brisbane traffic.
Ya - I picked my car up over there in March; followed my wife (in her Audi) home - nearly ran over her a couple of times; basically softly softly on the go pedal.

If you mean a 10amp connector yes came with car. I picked up from Richmond in Melbourne last week and got an Australian 3 pin power-point and lead. Have not actually used it yet but is there in it's nice bag, ready.
Wall charger had arrived weeks before car (just to keep you excited).

Yep same with mine. I actually plugged it in and tried it the other day, worked :) Interestingly it charged at 10A too, I was expecting from what I'd read that it would limit to 8A, presumably for extra safety with unknown wiring. That may have been related somehow to using it at the same GPS location as my normal MPWC, which is set to 10A, but I wouldn't have thought so.