Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If our cars haven't been built, how would they be in the country?
From the US sites it seems the Dashboard is manually updated, not automatically. There are numerous reports of anomalies. If they have not been updated....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that share MangroveMike. My car is still sourcing parts so guess that now includes a tin of 'Steel Grey' paint. I actually prefer the new colour but strange how they leave confirmed orders with no choice, or do they?
It is likely that you need to make contact to find out.

i would hope our cars have not been built yet. Given that there is a factory close-down currently in progress, and reports in other parts of this site that say new options and/or inclusions are coming out and should released by the end of this month, that is before or during the quarterly report on 31/7, or Friday next week our time, one would expect that those would be included/offered to us before production.
One can but live in hope, after 3.5 years of waiting. My frustration levels are rising precipitously...:rolleyes:

i would hope our cars have not been built yet. Given that there is a factory close-down currently in progress, and reports in other parts of this site that say new options and/or inclusions are coming out and should released by the end of this month, that is before or during the quarterly report on 31/7, or Friday next week our time, one would expect that those would be included/offered to us before production.
One can but live in hope, after 3.5 years of waiting. My frustration levels are rising precipitously...:rolleyes:

Given the Brown brothers' dashboards have been updated, I'd be surprised if other cars had gone into production before factory shutdown. So don't worry I'm sure we'll get the benefit of the wait :)

- - - Updated - - -

Had a couple of visitors last night. The red looks pretty good at night! Put photos on Facebook page as they are too large for here!

https://www.facebook.com/jetcharge

Hi Tim....
Can you please add me to the list of Tesla S 85KwH purchasers?
RN874198
Thursday, 9 January 2014 10:50 AM

I tried entering data to spreadsheet without much success.

UserName : Blackhole
City :- Perth
State : WA

Confirmed :-27/7/2014

Please let me know what else you need to keep records up to date.

Rgds

Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tim....
RN874198

Rgds

Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tim....
RN874198

Rgds

Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again Timpoo
I'll get the hang of this posting soon.

I'm in Perth and confirmed my order a few days ago.
I'd like to contact any other Perth buyers.
Can you help post my link or email ( [email protected] )

I had a test drive on Saturday 26th July in Sydney - fantastic!
Loved the regen breaking.

rgds

Frank

Hi JFK,
At last I've found another Perth Tesla owner....nice to meet you. My name is Frank ( [email protected] )
I paid deposit back in January 2014 and confirmed after the test drive last Saturday in Sydney.
Have you driven once yet?
What are we going to do about servicing? Any ideas?

Rgds

frank

Hey Frank,
I sent you a PM.

I contacted Stone who passed the details onto a US based Tesla person. I then had to confirm changes and pricing. I guess we are still in the 'pre-build' phase so all went through OK.

Thanks, I'll give Stone a call

Hi JFK,
At last I've found another Perth Tesla owner....nice to meet you. My name is Frank ( [email protected] )
I paid deposit back in January 2014 and confirmed after the test drive last Saturday in Sydney.
Have you driven once yet?
What are we going to do about servicing? Any ideas?

Rgds

frank

Hi Frank

Welcome and we're very glad to see more WA people on board, as that should hopefully expedite the set up of a service centre!

I've added your preliminary details into the spreadsheet, but could you please list what options you went for, what colour etc? Also confirm your model number :)

Thanks!
Tim

Tim,
would you mind adding me to the list:-
I live just south of Canberra
Vin 484** confirmed late June14 , still sourcing parts
s85
silver
Std 19" wheels
tech package
pano roof
air susp
tan leather
obeche matte
dual chargers
fog lights
Parking sensors
Hi fi audio

have had test drive and waiting rather impatiently

thanks
jim

Tim,
would you mind adding me to the list:-
I live just south of Canberra
Vin 484** confirmed late June14 , still sourcing parts
s85
silver
Std 19" wheels
tech package
pano roof
air susp
tan leather
obeche matte
dual chargers
fog lights
Parking sensors
Hi fi audio

have had test drive and waiting rather impatiently

thanks
jim

Done and welcome to the first ACT person on these forums!

In case anybody is keeping score, some key stats out of 34 orders so far:

1. More than 50% are going with the standard 85
2. NSW leads the pack with 35% of the orders on TMC, followed by VIC, then WA
3. Most popular colours are White and Sig Red, followed closely by Grey
4. Perhaps surprisingly, more people have gone for the Fog Lights than the upgraded sound package.

Everyone os looking for something to suit themselves but it seems that I can upgrade the car speakers for less money that the upgraded audio package for a better sound. It's hard to see a car interior as an audiophile space anyway.
I agree 100% on all points, and for me the pain of give more in LCT killed me - it also would buy a serious home system that would be significantly more than I have ever spent. Having said that, the car is more than I have ever spent, the wheels the same, pano-roof, yep, the same ... Cheapest Dual Chargers I have ever bought though :)

its fun, isn't it?

I agree 100% on all points, and for me the pain of give more in LCT killed me - it also would buy a serious home system that would be significantly more than I have ever spent. Having said that, the car is more than I have ever spent, the wheels the same, pano-roof, yep, the same ... Cheapest Dual Chargers I have ever bought though :)

its fun, isn't it?
Having said that I don't really get the point of the dual chargers. How often are you going to drive 400km then need to charge up to full in under 8 hours and without the aid of a supercharger then drive another 400km? I'm sold on the pano roof though, may be decider between S and X if latter doesn't have that option.

Having said that I don't really get the point of the dual chargers. How often are you going to drive 400km then need to charge up to full in under 8 hours and without the aid of a supercharger then drive another 400km? I'm sold on the pano roof though, may be decider between S and X if latter doesn't have that option.
My thinking for Dual Chargers was mainly future-proofing if non-Tesla high power charge stations start to appear here as they have in the States. Some are up to 90 amps so the duals will halve the charge time during trips.
Will they appear here? Who knows.
The cool thing about the specs collected by timpoo is that every car is different and we all have different reasons for our choices (and different budgets). We'll all be similarly happy though!

- - - Updated - - -

The car is even more than I've spent on my home audio system!
It must be a hell of a system :) You must have optioned it up with the cassette deck.

Done and welcome to the first ACT person on these forums!

In case anybody is keeping score, some key stats out of 34 orders so far:

1. More than 50% are going with the standard 85
2. NSW leads the pack with 35% of the orders on TMC, followed by VIC, then WA
3. Most popular colours are White and Sig Red, followed closely by Grey
4. Perhaps surprisingly, more people have gone for the Fog Lights than the upgraded sound package.

thanks Tim,
I actually live in NSW , about 30kms south of Canberra.

My thinking re dual chargers is that the most likely trip, other than into town, will be to Sydney and back- almost always in one day so a quick top up somewhere would make it an easy trip.
Air suspension needed as I live at the end of a dirt road which is reasonably well maintained but still scrapes the bottom of my Prius if I a not paying attention.
Silver as a compromise colour to keep the car a bit cooler- I would love the green but I reckon an almost Black car in Australia is a little bit crazy. I still went for pano roof for extra headroom in the back and as a mate has a VW Tourag with a similar roof and he reckons it doesn't overheat in the summer.
Ultra HiFi is an indulgence pure and simple - but this is possibly the best car environment for quality sound . I had a very high end stereo in a Subaru SVX and loved every minute of it.
Tech package - simply obligatory - how could you consider this car without the "bells and whistles"?

And bottom line? - this car is crazy expensive but it is a concept and we are all early adopters who are paying for the equivalent of maybe 5 or 6 Barinas to indulge ourselves pure and simple. I expect that the grins on our dials will be visible for miles and our mates will know for sure that we are all truly slightly lunatic- AND WHO CARES?
Jim

thanks Tim,
I actually live in NSW , about 30kms south of Canberra.

My thinking re dual chargers is that the most likely trip, other than into town, will be to Sydney and back- almost always in one day so a quick top up somewhere would make it an easy trip.
Air suspension needed as I live at the end of a dirt road which is reasonably well maintained but still scrapes the bottom of my Prius if I a not paying attention.
Silver as a compromise colour to keep the car a bit cooler- I would love the green but I reckon an almost Black car in Australia is a little bit crazy. I still went for pano roof for extra headroom in the back and as a mate has a VW Tourag with a similar roof and he reckons it doesn't overheat in the summer.
Ultra HiFi is an indulgence pure and simple - but this is possibly the best car environment for quality sound . I had a very high end stereo in a Subaru SVX and loved every minute of it.
Tech package - simply obligatory - how could you consider this car without the "bells and whistles"?

And bottom line? - this car is crazy expensive but it is a concept and we are all early adopters who are paying for the equivalent of maybe 5 or 6 Barinas to indulge ourselves pure and simple. I expect that the grins on our dials will be visible for miles and our mates will know for sure that we are all truly slightly lunatic- AND WHO CARES?
Jim

Bravo Jim, well said!

Sad to see that we're not going to get our first entry for ACT. But I'm sure there are a few politicians sneakily placing their orders haha :D