Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not yet. It all depends on the handover of our new home, due before Christmas. After 3 years, what's another week or two ?
I had a house built in 2008 and the builder gave me the keys on December 24! Looks like the same will happen to you. :smile:
Hope you get your car on the 29th like many of us.
New House mixed with New Car smell is a heady mix I imagine. Congrats.

Took the MS for a good run today - Hornsby Heights to Palm Beach for lunch - air conditioning running, then back via Hornsby Westfield, back to Hornsby again and then without air conditioning out to Wisemans Ferry via Galston gorge. A good mix of speed zones, traffic and road conditions - although very little at 110 (more on that later).

When supper chargers are widespread this is going to make a great travelling car, albeit needing a full size spare. All up just over 200km with the car showing 134 typical remaining when I got home. Averaged 200Wh for the day. Driving back up Galston gorge (some 5km/h hairpins) in the dark the cornering lights were quite obviously working.

The car started the day at 90% charge - showing 350km 'Typical' range. This morning showing 354 - I'm guessing that it's learning and basing this on general usage.

Now - About 110km/h.

Last night I drove up the old Pacific highway for a run. The car handles pretty well, even on 19s, but could do with more lateral support in the seats. At Brooklyn we turned back onto the freeway and was quite impressed with how effortless it was to go from 20km/h to freeway speed. I didn't take any measurements on energy use. The car is stable at speed - although maybe not as much as my 928, but very nice to drive. As I mentioned above, with the right charging infrastructure these will make great cars for road trips.

Last edited:
I went for a similar longer trip on Friday morning, but with more freeway time. Went from North West Sydney up to Buff Point at the top end of the central coast to pick up my youngest daughter from the grandparents.

470km rated range when we left home and just over 200km range left when we got home. Actual kms travelled would have been about 230km for the route we took. Had car set to range mode, but otherwise had aircon, stereo etc running and was traveling at the speed limit on the M1. Cruise control holds speed pretty accurately even up and down the hills.

I was surprised that I still had the range I did when I got home.

I think this is the first Christmas that I have wanted to go by as quickly as possible, so I can get my car! Congrats Tes and Mark-E.

I will be the first in my area with a model S, but I know of at least 2 people who have ordered at my work, so we are looking to get a wall charger installed there, if the building owners will let us.

I went for a similar longer trip on Friday morning, but with more freeway time. Went from North West Sydney up to Buff Point at the top end of the central coast to pick up my youngest daughter from the grandparents.

470km rated range when we left home and just over 200km range left when we got home. Actual kms travelled would have been about 230km for the route we took. Had car set to range mode, but otherwise had aircon, stereo etc running and was traveling at the speed limit on the M1. Cruise control holds speed pretty accurately even up and down the hills.

I was surprised that I still had the range I did when I got home.

Congrats to TesAus and MarkE. And thanks to Oystero. End of Jan sounds good. Ran Tess up to Leura on Friday and tried out the second charger at our weekend place up there, all went well. Getting very used to the car now, but the greatest limit on my performance is likely to be my main passenger, who got nervous with even mid-range acceleration. However, she fell asleep in both directions with the seat reclined and some hi-res Bach in background. We are going up to Avalon this afternoon for a silent noon with another couple stopping at a guitar gig.

My plate was attached Friday as shown. Also charging at Tesla on Friday.
Vanity.jpg
Charging in Artarmon.jpg

The delivery estimate in my dashboard has now changed to "pick up from Melbourne-Richmond Service Center". I wonder if Tesla is hinting that the supercharger network between Sydney and Melbourne will be complete by June, and I'll be able to pick up my car in Melbourne and drive home? Sounds like a fantastic way to get to know the car :D

Nice plate. A somewhat more polite alternative to Leilani Munter's plate "EFF OIL".

Thought about that plate - RMS told me that I couldn't have FCK-01L, or PHK-01L and running out of time I went with a boring option.
Also thought about 00-OIL, but it looked too much like OOOIL, and 00-FUME didn't resonate enough. There is also BYE-01L and LOL-01L available..

Thought about that plate - RMS told me that I couldn't have FCK-01L, or PHK-01L and running out of time I went with a boring option.
Also thought about 00-OIL, but it looked too much like OOOIL, and 00-FUME didn't resonate enough. There is also BYE-01L and LOL-01L available..
NIL-01L or NOO-01L were not available?

Edit

Answered my own question. NIL-01L is gone but NOO-01L is still available.