Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine arrived this morning. Delivery dates were stuffed up.charger and app work really good, not still sure how the voice command for songs work. GPSbased air suspension is brilliant. Delivery guy mentioned he has seen nothing like this. They could have delivered on a covered carrier, it arrived dirty.

Congrats!

Edit: Just added AussieModelS into the spreadsheet and noticed that White + Pearl White make up 34% of total orders! Popular colour (or shade, as it were).

Last edited:
Will start with the yacht floor, easy things first. Currently busy making a centre console. I need the storage and we won't be getting a RHD one from Tesla anytime soon! Will post photos once I do it, but will wait at least one day before installing the yacht floor!!

Got my white P85 today - felt a bit smaller than I was expecting - remembered it as a huge car. Driving it is silky - even up hills seems to be effortless - with no engine growling or straining.

Really happy - has exceeded my expectations.

Can't wait to do a few road trips.

So for the next 10 hours I am car-less, having just returned from delivering my old car to its new owner.
Here I am earlier today filling up the 'Beast' for the last time. :smile:
image.jpg

Roll on tomorrow!
Hope I can sleep!

Please mark my status in the spreadsheet as delivered. :biggrin:
I am the third child and both elder brothers wanted to see the car today so the first drive was to North Turramurra then back to Annandale to show it off. Home now waiting for it to top up so we can go up to the Southern Highlands for New Years. Haven't got a wall charger installed there yet so want a full charge before leaving.
First impressions is that it is WIDE! Nearly lost the RH mirror to an aggressively driven Woolworths truck on the Pacific Highway, but maybe that's just me being over sensitive. No it's not as fast as the Performance models I have driven before but plenty fast for me.
Still can't believe that it's mine, expecting a call from Stone any minute to return it. Sensory overload inside the cabin, haven't worked out all the controls yet, particularly the steering wheel controls. Will sit in it tomorrow and play with all the buttons to get fully familiar. My car was delivered with 6 (2.077) and I can confirm that press and hold the boot button on the fob opens the charge port door. I was able to show something to Adam that even he did not know.
We used the SLR for pictures today so will download and post when I get a chance.
Gotta go, have a Tesla waiting for me! :cool:

I am the third child and both elder brothers wanted to see the car today so the first drive was to North Turramurra then back to Annandale to show it off. Home now waiting for it to top up so we can go up to the Southern Highlands for New Years. Haven't got a wall charger installed there yet so want a full charge before leaving.
First impressions is that it is WIDE! Nearly lost the RH mirror to an aggressively driven Woolworths truck on the Pacific Highway, but maybe that's just me being over sensitive. No it's not as fast as the Performance models I have driven before but plenty fast for me.
Still can't believe that it's mine, expecting a call from Stone any minute to return it. Sensory overload inside the cabin, haven't worked out all the controls yet, particularly the steering wheel controls. Will sit in it tomorrow and play with all the buttons to get fully familiar. My car was delivered with 6 (2.077) and I can confirm that press and hold the boot button on the fob opens the charge port door. I was able to show something to Adam that even he did not know.
We used the SLR for pictures today so will download and post when I get a chance.
Yep, plenty wide. As I said before, visibility is bad, watch your wheels near kerbs. In some ways too much technology, you don't know where to look first. Rear view mirror, camera, parking sensors, wing mirrors.
Congrats and enjoy!!

Yay congrats! Marked you as delivered :)

How's the brown? Just as good as you remembered?

Yay congrats! Marked you as delivered :)

How's the brown? Just as good as you remembered?

OMG what a day, have been through a range of emotions from elation to terror!
The delivery was great, Adam showed us through the car focusing in on what i was unsure about. Despite all I had read It was still a lot to take in. Davids comments about "too much technology" is true but I know I will get a handle on it soon. You find there is logic in most of the interface decisions.
The delivery rooms are on the east side of the Service Centre and even the SLR we took struggled with the sunlight streaming into through the windows at 9:00 AM.
Delivery1.jpg
Delivery2.jpg
Delivery3.jpg
Delivery5.jpg
Delivery6.jpg
Delivery7.jpg

So after this mornings drive I plugged in at home and it told me it would finish charging at 5:30PM which was a bit late to be driving up to the Southern Highlands so we tried our luck at the Star Supercharger. As David said it works really well, just announce "Tesla for charging" at the Valet Entrance intercom and follow the red Tesla signs. Plugged in and 20 minutes later we were up to 494 KM rated range but not yet finished. I assume it was balancing the batteries at this point as we waited another 5 minutes in the car and the range didn't budge.
Left The Star at about 5PM and headed up the M5, just as I was getting used to the car it started raining as we passed the first Campbelltown entrance, but by the time we had passed Campbelltown it was raining so hard I had the wipers on full and they were not coping with the torrential downpour, this was not a failing of the Tesla as cars were pulling off the road as you could not see more than 20 meters ahead, slowed down to less than 60 Km\h terrified that I would plow into someone stopped in front or hit from behind by some idiot not slowing down, then bits of vegetation started to hit my 8 hour old car! ARRRGH.
5 minutes later the rain had stopped and the storm cell continued its way east out to sea and we continued on to Bundanoon our destination having 280 Km rated range left. Checked the bonnet and there are a couple of what look like transfer marks from leaves being thrown at my new car, will have another look in the morning.:frown:
@Timpoo Yes the colour is chocolate in the shade but has this fantastic golden glow when sunlight hits it. It's just as I remember from the Get Amped event in 2012. Plus how ironic is this, as we were receiving our Brown Model S, a Green Model S was being delivered in the next door room, you can see the front of the green car in the first picture.

Last edited:
My little red beauty was delivered this afternoon. In a lovely ironic twist, there was no power at the Service Centre. It was hot as hell. I was a bit disappointed that my personalised plates weren't on the car. The RMS was closed today! Tesla are going to sort the plates out and send up to me.

Mitchell did the delivery honours (not in a nice delivery room though :) ) and we were released into the wild. The maps worked perfectly but I was under strict wife-ily advice to not play with the screens until we hit the freeway. Good advice, as there is heaps going on.

The 80-110 (ish) acceleration once on the freeway was astounding - I didn't really get a chance to mash it during test drives. The car is very composed at freeway speeds. The only noise was the air-con as it was a hot one today. A quick stop at the Catherine Hill Pub got some great reactions from the locals.

After we arrived home I drove to pick up the kids (10 and 11) from Poppy's place. The 20 minute trip home took 40, and the kids enjoyment of the acceleration was addictive. The Tesla-grin should be called the Tesla-giggle. I did hit it a bit hard on an off camber corner and the car popped out of shape for a moment but collected itself well. I slowed down a bit then - best not to kill children and Tesla in same day :) (Disclaimer: don't do this at home kids and we don't condone this behaviour. It was performed by a trained driver in controlled conditions. )

I'm now sitting in a lovely air conditioned environment, listening to jazz, playing with a big touchscreen and writing a blog entry. I love my little Tesla - christened by the kids as Tessberry.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So, with a December delivery for me looking extremely unlikely, I'm keen to know if anyone in Victoria has been given a delivery date, or even a clue about one. I'm starting to feel like Tesla have forgotten about us down here! As happy as I am for all the New South Welshmen (and Welshwomen? anyone know of any?) getting their vehicles delivered it is starting to make me more than a little jealous!