Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it's finally home in my garage!
Very happy with the colour and the lacewood dash - even more now that you can't option it any more. :)
Happy with the power too - especially once moving the car is responsive & zippy, albeit big. The iPhone app wasn't connected for an hour or two and Rdio wasn't functional until about 7pm - working now. The stereo is good but I'll need some more time with it, and also with the interface - setting brightness levels etc and learning where things are without searching.

Congrats!!

Is it everything you remembered? Enjoy the road :)

It is very different driving it for real than just a test drive, but in a good way - you get a much better feel of it on familiar roads. I really like the instant smooth response after coming from a turbo diesel.

Had to pick up my wife and two friends after work - they were amused at all of the double takes and stares from motorists and pedstrians!

it was also the first time my wife had been in an S, she was very impressed with it and now is starting to understand my borderline fanatiscm over the last two years!

I really like Rdio which started working without intervention this afternoon.

i have adjusted pretty quickly to regen and like the one pedal driving.

The speed zone recognition seems to be fairly accurate, but it doesn't understand times for school zones and just flashes up 40 whatever time of day it is.

Haven't found the size too much of any issue yet. It is about the same width as my previous car, though a little longer. I did however choose to park in the Domain car park (which is well sized) rather than one of the inner city parks when I went into the city after picking it up!

The Tesla team are fine tuning the set up of the service centre/showroom after two broken windows due to hits by cars! They also suggest to not use the ramp closest to St Leonard's station as it is too steep unless you are on very high suspension setting!

The car comes with a Tesla emergency kit in the froot- first aid kit, triangle and hi vis vest - a nice touch.

"Futurama" seems to be charging quite happily this evening from the HPWC. Started at about 40km/hr charge rate on a 3/4 full battery.