I just took delivery of a 2022 MYP. Having come from a 2020 MYLR, I wanted to share my thoughts on the many refinements that I’m experiencing with the new car. Before my new delivery, I also had a 2022 MYP test drive vehicle (VIN: 2942xx) for a couple days where I noticed these refinements also.
I know there are reports of bad experiences with new deliveries so understand there can be outliers, but I’m hoping my experience is indicative of improvements in Tesla builds, as a whole.
2020 Long Range
Sold at 11k miles
Refinements that I‘m noticing:
- Road noise is a lot quieter
- I realize this could have something to do with my LR having older tires but the MYP is just a lot quieter when driving. Was driving last night at 60mph and thought I was going 40.
- Maybe (hopefully) there is additional sound deadening in the newer builds.
- Trunk opening is almost silent
- My 2020 would have a loud “ka-chunk” sound, from the initial unlatching. It was loud enough to be concerned when I first got the LR but saw other reports of this and just got used to it. On my MYP, it really is almost silent when opening.
- When the trunk is being latched closed, it’s super quiet also.
- Opening windows is almost silent
- Maybe I needed to clean my LR’s rubber seals or something but there would be a noise when initially opening the windows. I had no concerns with this noise previously, but I immediately noticed the quietness on the 2022’s.
- Parking brake noise is a lot quieter
- Both when engaging and releasing (going into Drive)
- Door unlatching is quieter
Last edited by a moderator: