Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Most people will walk into an Apple Store and just buy one of the stock configurations of a MacBook or iMac, not realizing you can custom configure online.

As Tesla’s spread to a wider and wider audience, the likelihood of that broader audience to do research goes down. It’s the early adopters that research the hell out of everything.

Reactions: Appleaday
Why don't they just put it on the web site?
Because my impression is that they often just decide to do one batch of RWD LR depending on manufacturing constraints, and they don't want to have to do so "regularly" with that car as part of the normal range of products.

In Europe in April/May we had access to one batch of RWD LR even though it was not ever an on-menu choice, and indeed it was announced as a limited batch.

All I did was email my delivery adviser and remind her that I ordered my car before the Homelink deadline and she emailed me back the next day saying it was added to my account. Keep in mind that the install of the Homelink hardware takes the better part of a day at a service center...... not sure if the mobile can do the install.

I had HomeLink installed after delivery and they were able to do it remotely. It took a little over an hour.

@Elmexiken
Actually, I even own a black LR-RWD with white interior. Had ordered a blue one tho, but Tesla told me they couldn't deliver it, due to the production stop.

I would be very disappointed if Tesla lied to me and never actually stopped to build LR-RWD vehicles.
The Sales Manager of Tesla EMEA and the Assistand Store Manager of the Tesla main Store in Zurich even told me that my ordered vehicle (Blue/White/19"/FSD) would not be deliviered and that I'd have to pick one from their inventory if I still wanted to get a M3.

Boy will I file a complaint if that turns out to be true!!

You can't "file a complaint" for that. They did stop producing RWD LR for the European market and the US (but not China), but that doesn't mean that they can't start again later. These statements are true until they are no longer true, and Tesla never promised never to make RWD LRs anymore.

My guess is that they produce single batches of these depending on production constraints, and then try to sell them until they've sold the batch (invariably leaving some of the last orders or the ones with less common options dangling in mid-air). That's why these are off-menu items. I doubt Tesla even know themselves at the start of the quarter when they're going to produce batches of RWD LR and how many they'll make (if any). I guess it all depends on the production of battery packs of the different types vs. the production of other parts.

A few weeks ago there were around 30 LR RWD Model 3’s in inventory for Southern California available for purchase. It’s not clear to my why there were a few people in this thread who never received their order while we had so many extras available for sale. Maybe the few who didn’t get them were holding out for an exact color/option match.

Looks like last weeks batch was for AWD
Screen Shot 07-09-19 at 07.58 AM.PNG

Maybe those complaining that they cannot get hold of their M3 are the ones reporting there are no demand for teslas or tesla to go bankrupt in 10 months. ;)

not here...i am still rooting for Tesla even against my coworkers saying Tesla is going bankrupt. But, in all honesty, it does make it hard to defend them when i get asked constantly when my car will arrive.

Reactions: lax1mxb
Finally have a delivery date after funding went through, although its 'tentatively' July 20th. That seems like a very conservative date considering its about 4 hours away. I noticed that upon a few edits of the purchase agreement the mileage kept creeping up - to about +50 more miles on the latest one. I mentioned that to the original sales agent and she put in a request for an additional discount (even though the discount was "already more than what they typically do for a 3"), and now it says I owe negative $233. So, overall mixed news today but at least there's a date instead of the aforementioned horror of them saying it cant be sold.

Reactions: jvmoore1
I was in the Sunnyvale showroom today and asked about LR RWD cars and whether they were available for order off menu again. They said yes but that they weren’t being manufactured as frequently.

Glad to hear they haven’t gone away entirely. Would make no sense.
Tried to order a RWD today, multiple sales advisers said they are NOT offering them anymore. Had to settle for a SR+ :/

Man the confusion... So I got a email couple hours ago from the "Lead Tesla Adviser" and he was able to change my SR+ (due for delivery next Monday) to a LR RWD. The two people I spoke to were "owner adviser" and a "sales adviser" said they were 100% not make RWD anymore, but somehow my rerservation got changed. I don't know if this unicorn RWD will be delivered to me, but my reservation is now changed to it. If you want his information DM me.

Man the confusion... So I got a email couple hours ago from the "Lead Tesla Adviser" and he was able to change my SR+ (due for delivery next Monday) to a LR RWD. The two people I spoke to were "owner adviser" and a "sales adviser" said they were 100% not make RWD anymore, but somehow my rerservation got changed. I don't know if this unicorn RWD will be delivered to me, but my reservation is now changed to it. If you want his information DM me.
How much did they charge for LR RWD? IS AP included or does it still come with no AP like originally offered?