Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we’re kind of “breaking the system”. I had the same issue and called a Tesla store to get an answer right away (chat wasn’t available) and the rep kept getting really confused saying I should be able to see it on the page RIGHT BEFORE the vehicle page. I realized that normally if you go to tesla.com and search for used inventory it’ll ask for a zip and then show cars within an up to 200 mile range, and I believe on the results list it’ll show the location then. (I THINK) However, since we use a more powerful search (ev-cpo) or the like, we’re bypassing the search page and going directly to the car listing. Super pain in the butt, but maybe Tesla specifically does that because the cars move around frequently or because they never expect people further then a couple hundred miles being interested?

Edit: Actually I guess what I just typed really only applies to searching new inventory. When I switch to used the distance limitation in the filter disappears, but I still only see like 10 “near me”. So there must be some Tesla specified search radius when using their tool.

There seems to be no consistency behind the Used Car Listings on Telsa's website even when using the Zip code locator.
For example (confirmed just today but been the case for me for weeks)
If I search Boston area ; it shows ZERO used Telsa 3's
But if I search south of me by a hundred miles it shows Used Telsa 3's.
North of Me by a hundred miles, it shows Used Telsa 3's
I tried Portland, Maine and Balltimore, Maryland ; shows more than 1 of the same cars under both but those locations are 500 miles apart so the shared cars would have to be more than 200 miles from one of the locations and Boston would have to be within the same or less distance than 1 of them..
No matter what zip in the Northeast I put in as my location it does not give me a car location.

But if I put in a California zip most of the time it will tell me the car location on the used section.

If you see any USED Model 3s with a location listed on the detail page, please let me know.

As far as I can tell, they all say: "Transport to any Tesla location available for $2,000 (continental US only)" and no location is actually listed.

For example (confirmed just today but been the case for me for weeks)
If I search Boston area ; it shows ZERO used Telsa 3's
But if I search south of me by a hundred miles it shows Used Telsa 3's.
North of Me by a hundred miles, it shows Used Telsa 3's
I tried Portland, Maine and Balltimore, Maryland ; shows more than 1 of the same cars under both but those locations are 500 miles apart so the shared cars would have to be more than 200 miles from one of the locations and Boston would have to be within the same or less distance than 1 of them..
No matter what zip in the Northeast I put in as my location it does not give me a car location.

Sometimes in the metadata, Tesla includes a field called NearByDeliveryRegion (which are states) which might be driving the results you see.

So what do you guys think about that one?

A slightly used, ceramic coated Full self driving 2017 LR with 38,500 miles for $36,000. Seems like a great deal to me

The guy said that the car has no issues

What other questions should I ask him? Anything to look for on a 2017? I don't see how it could be that drastic from a current production model. Looks like its in great condition

Now that this has popped up I'm considering it...

So what do you guys think about that one?

A slightly used, ceramic coated Full self driving 2017 LR with 38,500 miles for $36,000. Seems like a great deal to me

The guy said that the car has no issues

What other questions should I ask him? Anything to look for on a 2017? I don't see how it could be that drastic from a current production model. Looks like its in great condition

Now that this has popped up I'm considering it...

Curious what the VIN is... I would think this would be one of the first few hundred cars rolling off the line. That’s how drastic from the current ones it can be. There are bound to be initial issues and you’re more likely to see those in the first cars coming off. Now if all those issues have been addressed then that’s a good start. Also, this model won’t have the in house custom built FSD computer (hardware 3.0). It’ll be either hardware 2.5 or 2 (did any model 3s ship with hardware 2?)

Does the FSD hardware version matter right now? Who knows, we don’t know if Tesla is currently tapping into the several time over performance gain of FSD 3.0. You’ll be able to retrofit an upgrade since you paid for FSD, but Tesla won’t do that until they roll out specific features that need it.

The 50,000 mile or 4 year warranty will be close to expiring too, so I would get a clear end date for that so you know how long you have for general problems. Battery and motors don’t need to be worried about (besides potential hassle with them) since they have a longer 8 year or 125k mile warranty.

Reactions: Mr X
Curious what the VIN is...

The VIN is listed at the bottom of the page. It is 720. I would not personally want to own one of the first 1,000 Model 3’s that came off the line. The car is at least half way through the warranty and has 38K miles on it. Assuming it really has FSD and is eligible for the hardware upgrade that makes it a little more attractive but I still would pass on that one.

Sadly the original owner paid a lot of money for FSD and never got to see any FSD features enabled during their entire ownership experience.

Curious what the VIN is... I would think this would be one of the first few hundred cars rolling off the line. That’s how drastic from the current ones it can be. There are bound to be initial issues and you’re more likely to see those in the first cars coming off. Now if all those issues have been addressed then that’s a good start. Also, this model won’t have the in house custom built FSD computer (hardware 3.0). It’ll be either hardware 2.5 or 2 (did any model 3s ship with hardware 2?)

Does the FSD hardware version matter right now? Who knows, we don’t know if Tesla is currently tapping into the several time over performance gain of FSD 3.0. You’ll be able to retrofit an upgrade since you paid for FSD, but Tesla won’t do that until they roll out specific features that need it.

The 50,000 mile or 4 year warranty will be close to expiring too, so I would get a clear end date for that so you know how long you have for general problems. Battery and motors don’t need to be worried about (besides potential hassle with them) since they have a longer 8 year or 125k mile warranty.

Ya it's VIN 720. Elon did say that if a Model 3 has FSD purchased that is can be retrofitted with the new hardware

How much it would it cost to extend the standard warranty?

Believe Telsa has stated they will be upgrading free of charge any cars with full FSD to 3.0 hardware (exactly when is unclear but they said starting Q4). If you don't have full FSD they won't.
Does sound like a good price if you are ok with the mileage.

I mean it barely has 40k miles and looks to be in great condition

Being a LR fully loaded for that price seems like a great deal to me. Close to $60,000+ was probably put into it and I can get it for $36,000. Almost a 35k Model 3 but with everything (except my white seats)

I'm thinking about it....

I don't think you will find a long range one cheaper (non-salvage).
The owner has priced this one with FSD as I would expect this car without FSD to sell for. If you value FSD fully it is a great price.

Don't believe there is any option to extend the Warranty. The battery/drive warranty would still have plenty of life left on it though and I think that would be the larger concern.

Whoops

Was going to check it out today since I'm off. Didn't check the distance. He's 330 miles away. 5+ hour drive up to NorCal. Derp

Yes, it's the cheapest used LR right now. They should only become cheaper as the months go by. The urge to get my long awaited 3 is strong in me. But I've waited so long so what's another few months....

Whoops

Was going to check it out today since I'm off. Didn't check the distance. He's 330 miles away. 5+ hour drive up to NorCal. Derp

Yes, it's the cheapest used LR right now. They should only become cheaper as the months go by. The urge to get my long awaited 3 is strong in me. But I've waited so long so what's another few months....
Feel the same way. I've waited so long that it feels dumb to not wait a bit longer and try to snag a better deal. Living in Seattle is torture when you walk by one of these beauties every minute and know you could be enjoying one yourself...

Personally, I had a pretty great inventory model offered by my OA but I was indecisive and now I'm kicking myself for it. If I can match that deal now, I'll jump on it.

If you were planning on paying for FSD anyway then it may be an OK deal. If you are not completely sold on FSD and would prefer to wait and see how it develops I would just go for a new one without FSD and take advantage of the remaining credits and rebates.

I purchased a new 2019 Model 3 LR RWD in March for a net price after credits of $34K. It does not have AP/FSD but I don’t want those features so I didn’t care. I would have a hard time paying $2K more for a used car with 38,000 miles on it and half the warranty.

Feel the same way. I've waited so long that it feels dumb to not wait a bit longer and try to snag a better deal. Living in Seattle is torture when you walk by one of these beauties every minute and know you could be enjoying one yourself...

Personally, I had a pretty great inventory model offered by my OA but I was indecisive and now I'm kicking myself for it. If I can match that deal now, I'll jump on it.

Yeah. Fortunately I have 2 cars to drive, 1 pure electric (limited range) and 1 gas guzzler. Been saving up and am pretty much ready but just waiting for the best deal possible in line with my ideal configuration. I plan on keeping whatever 3 I get for a while

Today is August 1st, so if a used 3 is at this price right now they should be even lower in a few months. I don't really care for FSD since we'll all be driving our cars for a while, but base Autopilot is wonderful to have in the meantime

wMtfdWp.png

The left photo is the only thing stopping me. That ultra white is special. In black interior, I would swap out the wood dash for the black alcantara dash. But then, white still exists....