Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha yeah that's I guess what I'm afraid of. If it comes down to the last few weeks of June and there still is nothing I might be forced to take a SR+ that's available which I wish I could have by now since I made my original order back on May 16th.

Just don't know who to believe. It's upsetting to think that the advisors who said they restarted production could be wrong and therefore wasted my time, or the advisors who said they stopped production were right and therefore I wasted my time and can't get the ideal car I wanted.
Right there with you. i think the issue is ... why would order be allowed to be changed to a build that is no longer available. Wouldn't the system not allow that?

By the way! I placed my order in the Tesla store and the store manager was the one that helped me decide. He's been with Tesla for a while 3+ years. i believe him and has been candid with me on other occasions regarding Tesla and the process.

I'm not stressing, hopefully by next week we have VINs.

Right there with you. i think the issue is ... why would order be allowed to be changed to a build that is no longer available. Wouldn't the system not allow that?

By the way! I placed my order in the Tesla store and the store manager was the one that helped me decide. He's been with Tesla for a while 3+ years. i believe him and has been candid with me on other occasions regarding Tesla and the process.

I'm not stressing, hopefully by next week we have VINs.
Yeah I just spoke to a sales advisor at my local SC (since he has access to inventory). He said the same thing, they shouldn't be allowing them to make the orders for those cars if they didn't make them. Even though it's custom it'll go through just take more time. Man bums me out that a delivery advisor at the same SC would tell me that they'll never make those cars and my only chance of getting it is if people decide against their order.

I'm relively calm again. I appreciate the help
(real talk though anyone who gets their VIN for a LR RWD and it's around 400000 let me know!)

How for sure are we about this? I've talked to 4 advisors accross local SC as well as Fremont, they all said that the LR RWD is not being made anymore. And according to the spreadsheet I haven't seen a VIN assigned over 344XXX (most around 33XXXX). I'm starting to get frustrated thinking that I changed my configuration to this after a week when it might not ever come :(
Only as sure as I had pointed out in my post.

I am losing faith as well. One failed delivery with no communication of that to me, now two weeks after my order no sign of a car yet (as well as no communication from Tesla, including two unanswered emails about it, etc.). The only time I get any answers is when I show up physically at DC or showroom, and then those answers are all over the place depending on who I talk to.

Yeah I just spoke to a sales advisor at my local SC (since he has access to inventory). He said the same thing, they shouldn't be allowing them to make the orders for those cars if they didn't make them. Even though it's custom it'll go through just take more time. Man bums me out that a delivery advisor at the same SC would tell me that they'll never make those cars and my only chance of getting it is if people decide against their order.

I'm relively calm again. I appreciate the help
(real talk though anyone who gets their VIN for a LR RWD and it's around 400000 let me know!)
Gotta stick together LR RWD TEAM! haha

My guess is stores have customer service and sales as a priority.

Delivery Advisors are trying to clear out their list as fast as possible to have less stuff to check up on and pump through orders. Makes me believe that they may be rated on how many deliveries they pushed through per month or possibly quarter. If they get someone to switch from RWD to AWD the company makes more money and they get to pump out a car that is already being produced. Just my guess.

Im holding strong.

Ha yeah that's I guess what I'm afraid of. If it comes down to the last few weeks of June and there still is nothing I might be forced to take a SR+ that's available which I wish I could have by now since I made my original order back on May 16th.

Just don't know who to believe. It's upsetting to think that the advisors who said they restarted production could be wrong and therefore wasted my time, or the advisors who said they stopped production were right and therefore I wasted my time and can't get the ideal car I wanted.

I'm in a similar situation and will end up buying an Sr+ as well if not vin assignment til 6/15. Much more likely to get a gray Sr+ at that point. In fact I see a few in stock, albeit with white interiors.

I'm in a similar situation and will end up buying an Sr+ as well if not vin assignment til 6/15. Much more likely to get a gray Sr+ at that point. In fact I see a few in stock, albeit with white interiors.
I'm in OC as well. Apparently LR RWD production started back up last Friday, according to my rep. I believed him as I had a new VIN assignment (after my previously unannounced delivery cancellation VIN had disappeared). Its supposedly in the paint stage as of Friday.
Did they tell you what comes after paint?

Also random ... Just remembered as well that through this month they were focusing on Europe launch which would make sense why inventory is so low.

All those cars got shipped over there, including LR RWD.

So now... Fire up production again to hit the end of June mark. Remember... It doesn't count for them unless they're delivered. We have to get VINs in the next 2 weeks!

Also random ... Just remembered as well that through this month they were focusing on Europe launch which would make sense why inventory is so low.

All those cars got shipped over there, including LR RWD.

So now... Fire up production again to hit the end of June mark. Remember... It doesn't count for them unless they're delivered. We have to get VINs in the next 2 weeks!
Don't think they're offering LR RWD to Europe yet

They are still making LR RWD cars. It used to be that if you talked to three Tesla employees at least one would give you the right answer. Now I think you may have to ask at least five employees the same question before you find one that has the right answer. These employees are just guessing when they don’t know the answer. Most of them just graduated high school and received virtually no training from Tesla before being put in front of customers.

When Tesla has formally discontinued building a car Elon has always tweeted to let people know they have one final chance to place an order before the model is formally terminated. And the news media always picks up this information and publishes it, either in Teslarati or InsideEV at a minimum. Until that happens it’s business as usual. You just have to stop listening to the front line employees who are just making stuff up because they don’t know what’s going on in their own company.

• Informative
Reactions: Sregor and James88
Put me back on the list that they are not making new cars right now. Had to go into the DC again to get anywhere, the story has changed from being in production in Fremont last week, to now its waiting for a truck to get it from Canada to socal.

All I can say is if Tesla was not the only game in town for a practical road trip EV...I would have long been elsewhere. Still excited to maybe be getting a Model 3 though.

Put me back on the list that they are not making new cars right now. Had to go into the DC again to get anywhere, the story has changed from being in production in Fremont last week, to now its waiting for a truck to get it from Canada to socal.

All I can say is if Tesla was not the only game in town for a practical road trip EV...I would have long been elsewhere. Still excited to maybe be getting a Model 3 though.

I feel someone should tweet at Elon about the LR RWD status.

Reactions: ölbrenner
For Orange County vehicles, I would contact Adam Roda, the general manager at the Fashion Island store. He has always been very helpful anytime I’ve spoken to him and he was able to give me a deal that none of the other reps could offer.

CFE738DE-6EF7-42F9-8686-4A6FC34779F2.jpeg

Tried emailing today and crickets. Will call tomorrow about mine. Ordered 5/21 and nothing yet.

I just checked the website and there are a mixture of inventory available. I'm in New Jersey. I see a SR+ MSM 18" Wheels. More cars with 18" wheels then I've seen in the past week. AWD as well.

OCR1's advice is absolutely right. Elon or Tesla's Twitter will announce discontinuing an option once it's been discontinued. Tesla does not do that *sugar* silently. The employees in the store have virtually no access or communication. If there was an internal email about discontinuing the off-menu Standard or LR RWD, you'd see it leak so quickly as well.

Me thinks some here are confusing LR RWD's not currently going down the assembly line, as meaning the model has been discontinued. Not the case.

In my own case:
Why would Tesla choose the expensive route to have built my current VIN in Fremont, ship it to Canada, then ship it all the way back down to socal? If LR RWD was currently going down the line, I would think that would be a less costly order fulfillment.

At this moment, It appears they are choosing to fulfill orders from inventory, regardless of the transportation costs involved. Versus building new LR RWD's to fulfill even relatively local orders.

My email received today. I ordered LR 5/21. Nothing about it not being made any more which one would think they would mention to get me into another car?

“Still no VIN assigned to you yet. We don’t have visibility into which cars are in line for factory production so we won’t know until you have a VIN assigned to you. So basically you will have a week’s notice once a VIN is assigned to schedule a delivery date.”