Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR RWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposed to be in the AWD thread but.....

My Red/White AWD, 19" & FSD was supposedly built late last week. Was scheduled for a June 12 (10AM) delivery. Thought a little long but east coast and holiday so....

Then about 2 hours ago I got a voice mail from crazy Tesla wanting to confirm my appointment for tomorrow like this was known to me. Was driving and was like WHAT the hell am I hearing. At first thought they had me confused with someone needed service. Looks like my car is here early. Must have used a bullet train to get it here.:eek::D

Last edited:
Reactions: jvmoore1

My Red/White AWD, 19" & FSD was supposedly built late last week. Was scheduled for a June 12 (10AM) delivery. Thought a little long but east coast and holiday so....

Then about 2 hours ago I got a voice mail from crazy Tesla wanting to confirm my appointment for tomorrow like this was known to me. Was driving and was like WHAT the hell am I hearing. At first thought they had me confused with someone needed service. Looks like my car is here early. Must have used a bullet train to get it here.:eek::D
Damn musk trying to get those orders IN

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
My delivery center just told me they're no longer producing LR RWD models anymore. This seems to contradict what others have been told. Part of me feels like they're trying to get me to take my first VIN.

I ordered one this monday just fine. You may need to specific it's "off-menu". They have to input the order as an LR AWD and then submit a separate change order to switch it to RWD.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
This is correct! I ordered mine this way.
Me too, Fri 5/24. Here's the proof.
Order Agmt.png

Apparently LR RWD production started back up last Friday
How for sure are we about this? I've talked to 4 advisors accross local SC as well as Fremont, they all said that the LR RWD is not being made anymore. And according to the spreadsheet I haven't seen a VIN assigned over 344XXX (most around 33XXXX). I'm starting to get frustrated thinking that I changed my configuration to this after a week when it might not ever come :(

How for sure are we about this? I've talked to 4 advisors accross local SC as well as Fremont, they all said that the LR RWD is not being made anymore. And according to the spreadsheet I haven't seen a VIN assigned over 344XXX (most around 33XXXX). I'm starting to get frustrated thinking that I changed my configuration to this after a week when it might not ever come :(
Just called into this number 888-518-3752. Followed the prompts, when it asked for zip code I didn't put any. Guy looked at my order and said that I should be assigned a vin very soon possibly in the next week from what he's been seeing.

He did notice some movement and said I have now been assigned a Delivery Advisor (DA) and said he would have him reach out to me to introduce himself.

So far so good! Give them a ring, it should help with the order stress and anxiety lol.

Just called into this number 888-518-3752. Followed the prompts, when it asked for zip code I didn't put any. Guy looked at my order and said that I should be assigned a vin very soon possibly in the next week from what he's been seeing.

He did notice some movement and said I have now been assigned a Delivery Advisor (DA) and said he would have him reach out to me to introduce himself.

So far so good! Give them a ring, it should help with the order stress and anxiety lol.
Lol I did give them a ring this morning and they told me they weren't making any again and put me on hold to confirm, then confirmed (probably just with manager) they aren't. So that's what actually gave me more stress and anxiety! I'm not sure where you guys are getting these optimistic advisors with the inside knowledge :(

I saw one of these at my local Tesla dealer here in Oakville Canada awaiting pickup...absoultely stunning !!
Enjoy your new ride !

Thanks for the tip....i did call the # and got a very nice Tesla employee on the phone...she was very straight up.
My reservation # has not been assigned a vin yet and I should allow several more weeks for an update as LR RWD for Canadian market is kind of rare now with everyone ordering LR AWD......so I guess I will stop checking my account every 2 hrs for and update
Cheers all.... hope you get better news than me

Interesting... time will tell I guess.
Ha yeah that's I guess what I'm afraid of. If it comes down to the last few weeks of June and there still is nothing I might be forced to take a SR+ that's available which I wish I could have by now since I made my original order back on May 16th.

Just don't know who to believe. It's upsetting to think that the advisors who said they restarted production could be wrong and therefore wasted my time, or the advisors who said they stopped production were right and therefore I wasted my time and can't get the ideal car I wanted.